Old November 22nd 15, 09:43 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Terje Mathisen[_3_]
Default What €250 buys in a GPS these days

On 2015-11-21 17:13, Terje Mathisen wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

A droolworthy spec.

It did not specify any multi-band capability, but I would guess it uses
a modern chipset that supports GPS+Glonass+Galileo++?

Not stated. And the chipset that I'm guessing it uses is GPS/SBAS only.

That reduces tracking accuracy quite significantly, particularly under
(wet) forest canopy.

- Real time output over USB (Windows, OS X, Linux)

Bluetooth output is missing. :-(

This is required in order to place the logger on top of one's hat or
similar to give the antenna an optimal position.

I often put my recorder (GPS) under my hat when in the woods. You could
do the same with this.

Not possible if you also have to have an USB cable, i.e. my mapping
tablet needs to be able to turn around freely.

- Terje.Mathisen at