Old November 25th 15, 12:26 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Default What €250 buys in a GPS these days

On 2015-11-22 04:43, Terje Mathisen wrote:
Not possible if you also have to have an USB cable, i.e. my mapping
tablet needs to be able to turn around freely.

You don't need the tablet to record a track. Better to be light in the
woods and heavy on the processing back home.

Othewise find a thin, very light/flexible USB cable.

The idea is to do the mapping on location! I have lots of gps recorders,
I usually carry at least 3 on any trip I make. :-)

So, like I said, find a light, thin flexible USB cable. No big deal. Or
wait for the bluetooth version (that might also have other sat systems).

Alan, why do you suppose that I (and many other orienteering mappers)
haven't already tried this?

I really don't care what you do. If you want "that" GPS then "that" is
a constraint. I never told you you must, absolutely get that GPS.

Have fun. Haven't been orienteering in nearly 2 years. New business
takes away all the fun.