Old January 15th 16, 05:00 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Sam Wormley[_2_]

Default NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016

On 1/14/16 7:07 AM, J. J. Lodder wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:

NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016.

Troll test failed,

Jan

Hi Jan -- Over the years, I have regularly posted notices from IERS
wrt leap second dates or the lack thereof, as some GPS receivers were
to be watched, in terms of handling leap seconds.

This is probably not a concern with modern receivers -- Most
everything (mapping and navigation), I now do with my iPhone.

Overlaying position and direction on Apple Maps, Google Map and
terrain and topo maps is fast, accurate and free for the cost of the
iPhone and perhaps the minimal cost of an app or two.

My iPhone also incorporates GLONASS sats, and I expect Galileo sats to
be added in future generations.

At any rate, no leap second this summer.

Best regards,
-Sam

--

sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated
to the discussion of physics, news from the physics