Old January 29th 16, 07:15 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
oriel36[_2_]

Default NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016

On Friday, January 15, 2016 at 6:00:10 PM UTC, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 1/14/16 7:07 AM, J. J. Lodder wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:

NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016.

Troll test failed,

Jan

Hi Jan -- Over the years, I have regularly posted notices from IERS
wrt leap second dates or the lack thereof, as some GPS receivers were
to be watched, in terms of handling leap seconds.

This is probably not a concern with modern receivers -- Most
everything (mapping and navigation), I now do with my iPhone.

Overlaying position and direction on Apple Maps, Google Map and
terrain and topo maps is fast, accurate and free for the cost of the
iPhone and perhaps the minimal cost of an app or two.

My iPhone also incorporates GLONASS sats, and I expect Galileo sats to
be added in future generations.

At any rate, no leap second this summer.

Best regards,
-Sam

--

sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated
to the discussion of physics, news from the physics

I see a few others looking for attention as 'killfiles' in an unmoderated forum is as comical as it gets and besides, no point in dealing with an incompetent person.

I give you all the narrative which uses an external astronomical reference for the leap day and then moves it on to the 24 hour system and the Lat/Long system where the 'average' 24 hour day substitutes for 'constant' rotation at exactly 15 degrees of rotation per hour and once in 24 hours.

http://www.gautschy.ch/~rita/archast...liacsirius.JPG

I wouldn't expect dull academics to get the use of the most important reference which locks in the Earth's orbital position in space nor the supreme intelligence of the original timekeeping astronomers who used the dawn appearance of Sirius to discern of days per year over a four year period nor its dynamical equivalent of 1461 rotations per 4 orbital circuits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeQwYrfmvoQ

".. on account of the procession of the rising of Sirius by one day in the course of 4 years,.. therefore it shall be, that the year of 360 days and the 5 days added to their end, so one day shall be from this day after every 4 years added to the 5 epagomenae before the new year" Canopus Decree 238 BC

Ah, to keep company with these great men while this forum and its incompetence creatures can't manage to get the proportion of rotations to orbital circuits right -

" During one orbit around the Sun, Earth rotates about its own axis 366.26 times"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth

None of you are ashamed of yourselves but that is not my problem so killfile away as if I cared.