Old August 18th 16, 09:21 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav

Default What3Words = location (9m resolution)

On 2016-08-18 16:56, wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

http://what3words.com/

eg: reduce.bravest.spoke is ... ?

Peru?
I'm not sure that there is any difference between words that can be
misunderstood (your example shows three locations offered), and numbers
that can be misunderstood.
If I look coordinates up in an app, and can share via test messge, then
there's no difference.

The issue comes from places that don't use addresses such as in parts of
Asia. While people can easily screw up coordinates (is that in D.ddddd,
D M S, D M.mmm ... etc.) it's pretty easy to convey three words in a
text message or other form with low error. The app does the rest.

--
She hummed to herself because she was an unrivaled botcher of lyrics.
-Nick (Gone Girl), Gillian Flynn.