Old September 3rd 16, 03:00 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
[email protected]

Default What3Words = location (9m resolution)

Alan Browne wrote:
The issue comes from places that don't use addresses such as in parts of
Asia. While people can easily screw up coordinates (is that in D.ddddd,
D M S, D M.mmm ... etc.) it's pretty easy to convey three words in a
text message or other form with low error. The app does the rest.

I have toyed around with w3w.co a little more.
When picking a spot, it would be nice to see a list of the words around
you. To pick my home, for instance, some of the combinations of words are
not ones that I want to use, but I did find one by moving around slightly.

At the granulaity of points provided, there are a few that would be
suitable for locating my house.

http://w3w.co/twilight.contempt.revolved is a place I've visited.

--
Clarence A Dold - Santa Rosa, CA, USA GPS: 38.47,-122.65