Old September 3rd 16, 02:13 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav

Default What3Words = location (9m resolution)

On 2016-09-02 23:00, wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
The issue comes from places that don't use addresses such as in parts of
Asia. While people can easily screw up coordinates (is that in D.ddddd,
D M S, D M.mmm ... etc.) it's pretty easy to convey three words in a
text message or other form with low error. The app does the rest.

I have toyed around with w3w.co a little more.
When picking a spot, it would be nice to see a list of the words around
you. To pick my home, for instance, some of the combinations of words are
not ones that I want to use, but I did find one by moving around slightly.

Same here. Some words or combos have negative connotation.

At the granulaity of points provided, there are a few that would be
suitable for locating my house.

Which is the intended purpose.

--
She hummed to herself because she was an unrivaled botcher of lyrics.
-Nick (Gone Girl), Gillian Flynn.