Old September 9th 16, 12:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.rec.gps
Sam Wilson

Default GPS receivers and possible OHLE interference

In article ,
Peter Crosland wrote:

... The better [GPSs] have accelerometers built in that keep track during
signal interruptions. Others also use them to assume that you will
continue on the road you are on. I have never seen such weird results as
shown in the map you listed.

Have you ever seen a GPS receiver with the "I must be on a road" setting
trying to work out where it is when it's on a train? I've only seen it
once a long time ago but it was quite entertaining.

Sam

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.