Old September 29th 16, 12:25 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Hans-Georg Michna

Default Puzzling change in trackpoint rate

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 10:05:53 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

I'm heavily committed to Mem-Map and my iPhone but anyway I don't know
of an iOS GPS app that records altimeter-based altitudes as well as
x,y positions. Nor one that reports gross asc/desc for a track, which
would be a useful supplementary estimate.

Locus Map does all this, albeit only on Android. It can even
fill in the altitudes after the fact, using the SRTM (Shuttle
Radar Topography Mission, http://jpl.nasa.gov/srtm/ ) data, if
you put that on the phone. I have done exactly this to try it.
It works.

The app shows you altitude/distance graphs for a track and
separates ascendence and descendence data.

I'm pretty sure there is no iOS version though.

Hans-Georg