Broadcasted (or equivalent) ephemeris data download

Old October 22nd 09, 06:40 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
claudegps

Default Broadcasted (or equivalent) ephemeris data download

Hi, I understand his may be a recurring question...
Does anyone knows a website were it's possible to download (nearly)
realt time ephemeris data for GPS constellation?
I found a lot of website offering precise ephemeris data for post-
processing (usually sp3 format), but that is not what I need.
I'd like to use the data to provide my receiver with "fresh" data from
the web, so I need something similar to broadcasted data

Thanks!
Claudio
Old October 23rd 09, 08:14 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
claudegps

On 22 Ott, 20:05, Sam Wormley wrote:
claudegps wrote:
Hi, I understand his may be a recurring question...
Does anyone knows a website were it's possible to download (nearly)
realt time ephemeris data for GPS constellation?
I found a lot of website offering precise ephemeris data for post-
processing (usually sp3 format), but that is not what I need.
I'd like to use the data to provide my receiver with "fresh" data from
the web, so I need something similar to broadcasted data

Thanks!
Claudio

* *Try:http://celestrak.com/GPS/
* * * *http://gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/Current/current.alm
* * * *http://gps.afspc.af.mil/gps/Current/current.al3

Almanac data only, right?
I was looking for ephemeris, but thanks anyway.

Claudio
Old October 23rd 09, 10:31 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Ed M.

Try this:

ftp://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov/gps/data/hourly/

For today:

ftp://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov/gps/data/hourly/2009/

ftp://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov/gps/data/hourly/2009/296/20/

I've never used the hourly data from this site, just the dailies. But
a sample size of 1 shows current data at U. of Delft:

ftp://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov/gps/data/h...dlft296u.09n.Z

You want the " *n.z" files, with the "n" denoting the ephemeris
(navigation) data.

List of sites:

http://www.igs.org/network/list.html

Links to RINEX format description, if needed:

http://www.igs.org/components/formats.html

If you want something local or regional, you may be able to pick one
site that meets your needs.

If you want global data, you will have to download files from several
sites.

Old October 23rd 09, 11:39 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht[_7_]

claudegps writes:
Hi, I understand his may be a recurring question...
Does anyone knows a website were it's possible to download (nearly)
realt time ephemeris data for GPS constellation?
I found a lot of website offering precise ephemeris data for post-
processing (usually sp3 format), but that is not what I need.
I'd like to use the data to provide my receiver with "fresh" data from
the web, so I need something similar to broadcasted data

It it probably one of those cases that if you want the job done right
you have to do it yourself.

If you have a spare GPS, you could easily make a realtime ephemeris
server. Just let the GPS run normally and poll it periodically from the
computer sucking the ephemeris over the serial or usb link. Server that
data from your web (or other server). This will limit you to the
visible satellites but that is most useful subset.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
Old October 24th 09, 09:36 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
seyo_84

Hi everyone
Can someone help me?
I need final ephemeris in .sp3 format for Trimble Total Control 2.70.
I found a few sites about it but i can't import the ephemeris into the
TTC 2.70.
That files i downloaded had a format of .sp3.Z, this file i can't
import:
http://www.rvdi.com/freebies/gpscalendar.html?year=2008

I don't know if this are final or rapid ephemeris, but i need final.
I am new with this and i don't know much about it.

Please help i really need it.
Thank you very much.
Old October 25th 09, 02:09 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Ed M.

On Oct 24, 1:36*pm, seyo_84 wrote:
Hi everyone
Can someone help me?
I need final ephemeris in .sp3 format for Trimble Total Control 2.70.
I found a few sites about it but i can't import the ephemeris into the
TTC 2.70.
That files i downloaded had a format of .sp3.Z, this file i can't
import:http://www.rvdi.com/freebies/gpscalendar.html?year=2008

I don't know if this are final or rapid ephemeris, but i need final.
I am new with this and i don't know much about it.

Please help i really need it.
Thank you very much.

The *.Z extension means it's a zipped (compressed) file.

If you don't have a Zip utility program, you can download and install
freeware he

http://www.7-zip.org/

There are a lot of other freeware Zip utilities available on the
Internet. This link is provided by CDDIS:

http://www.gzip.org/

Some other sources of precise ephemeris files in *.sp3 format:

http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/orbits/

http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/orbits/prod/

NGS has posted Final Orbit data (most accurate) for GPS Week No. 1552
(Oct. 4 thru Oct 10) he

http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/orbits/prod/1552/

Note from the /orbits/prod/ page that Final Orbit data has the prefix
"ngs". The "ngr" files are the Rapid Orbits (less accurate).

As an example, you can download this file to your computer:

http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/orbits/prod/1552/ngs15526.sp3.Z

then unzip it before trying to import it to your Trimble software.

When you unzip it, the file extension changes from " *.sp3.Z " to "
*.sp3 ".

Another source:

Product descriptions and file names he

http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/components...ucts_wwww.html

To get to the data, click on the link in the left-hand column (e.g.,
"IGS Final Products"). Here's the Final Product data for Week 1552:

ftp://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov/gps/products/1552/

Scroll down that page about half way to get to files named "igs.
1552n.sp3.Z" .

Same process as with NGS -- save to your hard drive, unzip, then try
to input to Trimble software.
Old October 26th 09, 09:48 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
claudegps

On 23 Ott, 23:39, (Wolfgang S.
Rupprecht) wrote:
claudegps writes:
Hi, I understand his may be a recurring question...
Does anyone knows a website were it's possible to download (nearly)
realt time ephemeris data for GPS constellation?
I found a lot of website offering precise ephemeris data for post-
processing (usually sp3 format), but that is not what I need.
I'd like to use the data to provide my receiver with "fresh" data from
the web, so I need something similar to broadcasted data

It it probably one of those cases that if you want the job done right
you have to do it yourself.

If you have a spare GPS, you could easily make a realtime ephemeris
server. *Just let the GPS run normally and poll it periodically from the
computer sucking the ephemeris over the serial or usb link. *Server that
data from your web (or other server). *This will limit you to the
visible satellites but that is most useful subset.

Thanks Wolfgan, your suggestion has already being considered as
backup.

Old October 26th 09, 09:49 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
claudegps

On 23 Ott, 22:31, "Ed M." wrote:
Try this:

[cut]