Compare two Garmin handhelds?

Old October 26th 09, 05:19 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Beartooth[_3_]

Default Compare two Garmin handhelds?

I've studied Garmin's pages for the GPSMAP 60CSx and the etrex
Vista HCx, and I'm still hesitating.

I want a newer one, with color display and native USB
connections, for running MapSource (Chiefly TopoUS2008) in order to map
my hunting grounds.

At my age, I'm all too aware that, geologists to the contrary
notwithstanding, these old mountains (in Western VA -- not WV, but close)
get taller and steeper every year. So I don't hunt deer much any more. In
fact, I stick mostly to squirrels.

That means I hunt smaller areas than most, and probably move
relatively often for anyone this far east; I sit at the base of a tree
for half an hour to an hour, still-hunt for fifty to a hundred yards, and
repeat.

So I want all the accurate detail I can get.

Does actual experience, in the field and at the PC, suggest
anything not obvious from the Garmin pages?

All my hunts succeed -- and sometimes I get meat.