eDLoran Surprise: European Navigation Conference 2014

Old May 14th 14, 08:33 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Sam Wormley[_2_]

Default eDLoran Surprise: European Navigation Conference 2014

eDLoran Surprise: European Navigation Conference 2014
http://gpsworld.com/dloran-surprise-...nference-2014/

At the ENC-GNSS Conference in Rotterdam, we delved into actions
necessary to officially use EGNOS (giving me déjà vu from WAAS’s
early days), heard sage words from Brad Parkinson, the father of GPS,
and, on the last day, saw amazing proof of a claim many of us
initially thought was outrageous — that differential (DLoran) with
modern monitoring can result in consistent horizontal accuracies
approaching five meters on a moving platform.

Old May 14th 14, 09:06 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav

On 2014.05.14, 16:33 , Sam Wormley wrote:
eDLoran Surprise: European Navigation Conference 2014
http://gpsworld.com/dloran-surprise-...nference-2014/

At the ENC-GNSS Conference in Rotterdam, we delved into actions
necessary to officially use EGNOS (giving me déjà vu from WAAS’s
early days), heard sage words from Brad Parkinson, the father of GPS,
and, on the last day, saw amazing proof of a claim many of us
initially thought was outrageous — that differential (DLoran) with
modern monitoring can result in consistent horizontal accuracies
approaching five meters on a moving platform.

The later I've seen to better than than 1 metre on a non moving platform
for non differential Loran. Not absolute position, but repeatable
positions where the aircraft returns to the same location.

--
"Big data can reduce anything to a single number,
but you shouldn’t be fooled by the appearance of exactitude."