GPS/GLONASS Dispute: CEO Clarifies Misunderstandings

Old May 27th 14, 09:44 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Sam Wormley[_2_]

Default GPS/GLONASS Dispute: CEO Clarifies Misunderstandings

GPS/GLONASS Dispute: CEO Clarifies Misunderstandings
http://gpsworld.com/dont-politicize-...and-visionary/

“Use any opportunity to create friendship and peace,” urged Javad
Ashjaee, president and CEO of JAVAD GNSS, in a May 23 conversation
with journalists. He decried the recent controversy about monitoring
stations on both U.S. and Russian soil, saying it was based in
misinformation and misinterpretations, inflated by a political crisis
in a completely different area. “This [GNSS] is a good thing
together, that for 25 years kept us together. And if you see, there
are lots of high-level meetings between U.S. and Russian officials,
they are all very friendly meetings.”

A transcription of his remarks appears here...

Old May 29th 14, 02:14 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav

On 2014.05.27, 17:44 , Sam Wormley wrote:
GPS/GLONASS Dispute: CEO Clarifies Misunderstandings
http://gpsworld.com/dont-politicize-...and-visionary/

“Use any opportunity to create friendship and peace,” urged Javad
Ashjaee, president and CEO of JAVAD GNSS, in a May 23 conversation
with journalists. He decried the recent controversy about monitoring
stations on both U.S. and Russian soil, saying it was based in
misinformation and misinterpretations, inflated by a political crisis
in a completely different area. “This [GNSS] is a good thing
together, that for 25 years kept us together. And if you see, there
are lots of high-level meetings between U.S. and Russian officials,
they are all very friendly meetings.”

A transcription of his remarks appears here...

He's passionate - but a poor writer.

He also pushed for the abortion that is LightSquared ... with technical
feasibility that ignored industry realitie$.

But I agree: The US should not object to GLONASS technical monitoring on
US soil at all; and the Russians should not object that the Americans do
not want any such data to be encrypted ('cause nobody knows what's
really in the encrypted message).

Everyone with an iPhone 4S (or higher model) in the US is using GLONASS
as well as GPS... (and most recent Android phones as well I suppose, not
to mention various Garmin and other handsets...)

--
I was born a 1%er - I'm just more equal than the rest.

Old May 29th 14, 08:05 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Terje Mathisen[_3_]

Alan Browne wrote:
But I agree: The US should not object to GLONASS technical monitoring on
US soil at all; and the Russians should not object that the Americans do
not want any such data to be encrypted ('cause nobody knows what's
really in the encrypted message).

Both reasonable ideas.

Everyone with an iPhone 4S (or higher model) in the US is using GLONASS
as well as GPS... (and most recent Android phones as well I suppose, not
to mention various Garmin and other handsets...)

My Samsung S5 regularly gets 20+ active sats, sometimes even indoors. :-)

Since it also connects to my ANT+ pulse belts, it could be used a
replacement for my old Garmin 405cx watch, but not for the current 620
model which also measures a lot of G forces on every step.

Terje

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no
Old May 29th 14, 05:29 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav

On 2014.05.29, 04:05 , Terje Mathisen wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
But I agree: The US should not object to GLONASS technical monitoring on
US soil at all; and the Russians should not object that the Americans do
not want any such data to be encrypted ('cause nobody knows what's
really in the encrypted message).

Both reasonable ideas.

Everyone with an iPhone 4S (or higher model) in the US is using GLONASS
as well as GPS... (and most recent Android phones as well I suppose, not
to mention various Garmin and other handsets...)

My Samsung S5 regularly gets 20+ active sats, sometimes even indoors. :-)

Since it also connects to my ANT+ pulse belts, it could be used a
replacement for my old Garmin 405cx watch, but not for the current 620
model which also measures a lot of G forces on every step.

I wear my GPS under my tuque in the winter or on a backpack loop in the
summer.

--
I was born a 1%er - I'm just more equal than the rest.