New Geocache - "How it All Began", a tribute

Old July 7th 14, 08:29 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
preseli

Default New Geocache - "How it All Began", a tribute

The first know Geocache was placed by Dave Ulmer of Beavercreek, Oregon on May 3, 2000... He shared the waypoint for his 'stash' here on sci.geo.satellite-nav

I remember it well as I was subscribed to this newsgroup at the time because I was trying to figure what fun I could have with my own GPS unit. I remember thinking that a GPS stash hunt would never catch on, and I also thought it was a silly idea! It was almost eight and a half years before I went to look for my first cache - how foolish!

I have published a puzzle cache today in tribute to Dave - it is a good old fashioned ammo can, on top of a mountain. And it has a gold-plated American coin in it as a FTF prize

The cache page can be found he

"How It All Began" - http://coord.info/GC578N4

And the elusive coordinates a

N51 47.082, W003 50.132

If these are updated I will post a follow-up note here as a reply to this post.

Happy hunting!

Preseli