NMEAgent - update been a LONG time coming

Old August 27th 14, 08:44 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Fluximous Fernansit Smith

Default NMEAgent - update been a LONG time coming

About 10 years ago or more (I really don't remember), I started
writing a program called NMEAgent. By its name, you might can tell it
reads NMEA data and makes various plots, graphs and text output.

I recently found some time and updated it to add new features and fix
some long standing irritations.

It graphs GPS and Glonass SVs and optionally draws the track of where
they go. It really shows that the Glonass sats are in a higher
inclination than the GPS constallation.

I recently obtained a VK-172 GPSMouse (GPS or Glonass) and then a
Holux M-215+ (GPS and Glonass) which emits GPGSV and GLGSV statements
and lets me graph both GPS and Glonass sats together.

It is free and you can get it at ILikeTheInternet.com. It is
completely non-commercial. No sneaky software installations. I
really hate that stuff!! Download the initial install then get the
updated .EXE file and overlay that wherever you initially installed to
get all the latest updates (as of 8/27/2014).

It works with GPS USB Hokey pucks and with other GPS units which put
out NMEA sentences at various speeds on Comm ports or emulated Comm
ports via USB.

The source code is available in VB6 format on Planet-Source-Code.com
if you want to look at it. Also under the name NMEAgent.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am snowed in (with
work) for about the next 10 days but after that, I can put some more
time into updates.

I retain all rights. If you wish to use this code in whole or part in
a commercial product, please contact me first.

Mike/W6XXX