NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016

Old January 30th 16, 09:57 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
oriel36[_2_]

Default NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016

My word !, I reread what I wrote and the proofreading is terrible but that is the only flaw.

The presence of RA/Dec fanatics and their celestial sphere creation disrupts appreciation of the annual motion of the stars due solely to the orbital motion of the Earth as a star disappears behind the central Sun at twilight and appears a few months later as a dawn appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFrE7hWj0A

The cretins, including worthless killfilers, try to impose two intrinsic rotations on daily rotation via circumpolar motion thereby obliterating any chance of appreciating the annual motion of the stars minus a stellar circumpolar motion -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYy0EQBnqHI

It is always a matter of setting standards rather than convincing people who merely have accepted an indoctrination through their colleges and haven't thought anything through. From experience, those who go out of their way to ignore the genuine relationship between timekeeping and the motions of the Earth are the dullest creatures ever to set foot on the planet where natural phenomena is concerned but that ,in itself, is an observation from experience and not an insult.

Old January 30th 16, 07:16 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
J. J. Lodder

oriel36 wrote:

On Friday, January 15, 2016 at 6:00:10 PM UTC, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 1/14/16 7:07 AM, J. J. Lodder wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:

NO leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2016.

Troll test failed,

Jan

Hi Jan -- Over the years, I have regularly posted notices from IERS
wrt leap second dates or the lack thereof, as some GPS receivers were
to be watched, in terms of handling leap seconds.

This is probably not a concern with modern receivers -- Most
everything (mapping and navigation), I now do with my iPhone.

Overlaying position and direction on Apple Maps, Google Map and
terrain and topo maps is fast, accurate and free for the cost of the
iPhone and perhaps the minimal cost of an app or two.

My iPhone also incorporates GLONASS sats, and I expect Galileo sats to
be added in future generations.

At any rate, no leap second this summer.

Best regards,
-Sam

--

sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated
to the discussion of physics, news from the physics

I see a few others looking for attention as 'killfiles' in an unmoderated
forum is as comical as it gets and besides, no point in dealing with an
incompetent person.

Ah, there you are after all.
Only 19 days late, but still.
We were beginning to fear for your good health,
or even fearing that you had disappeared altogether.

What would sci.geo.satellite-nav be wihout its home troll?

Jan

Old January 31st 16, 01:38 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav

On 2016-01-30 14:16, J. J. Lodder wrote:

Ah, there you are after all.

Replying to it feeds it. Really. Don't reply to trolls.

Old January 31st 16, 11:29 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
J. J. Lodder

On 2016-01-30 14:16, J. J. Lodder wrote:

Ah, there you are after all.

Replying to it feeds it. Really. Don't reply to trolls.

Really, this one doesn't need any feeding.

Sam's much appreciated service message triggers it without fail,

Jan

Old January 31st 16, 03:02 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav

On 2016-01-30 14:16, J. J. Lodder wrote:

Ah, there you are after all.

Replying to it feeds it. Really. Don't reply to trolls.

Really, this one doesn't need any feeding.

Sam's much appreciated service message triggers it without fail,

So what? Ignore it. Use a filter.

Your replies to it disturb the group just as much as it does. Stop
replying and it eventually goes away.

--
"But I am somehow extraordinarily lucky, for a guy with ****ty luck."
..Harrison Ford, Rolling Stone - 2015-12-02
Old February 2nd 16, 08:49 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
oriel36[_2_]

Sam Wormley wrote:

[...]

No point in taunting you with an enjoyable narrative which assigns a cause for all leap corrections by subtracting a celestial sphere component beloved of those who organize timekeeping around the daily rotation of the Earth and forget the orbital component. In case you are bereft of understanding the homocentric RA/Dec framework looks like this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYy0EQBnqHI

Genuine timekeeping and its links to the motions of the Earth is at such a higher level of intellectual competence that I rarely bother with the standards you and the others here adhere to, killfiles or no killfiles.

In the end the framework which incorporates the orbital inputs into timekeeping will be adopted via a better appreciation of the links between the motions of the Earth and its effect on terrestrial sciences.