New Unit

Old August 6th 04, 01:45 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Tjmac

Default New Unit

I recently gave my Magellan 315 to my son. I am looking to purchase anew
unit. Any suggestions for a comparable model would be appreciated!

Tjmac

Old August 6th 04, 05:18 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
HH

I love my Legend C. It's small, long battery life, good reception. But now I
start to see flaw in it, no NMEA.

news

Old August 7th 04, 02:55 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
PETERWOJ

I recently gave my Magellan 315 to my son. I am looking to purchase anew
unit. Any suggestions for a comparable model would be appreciated!

Try Magellan Meridian Color, Platinum or Gold. All use SD memory cards to hold
detail map data, all are same size and work with most Mapsend software
including latest autorouting DirectRoute NA and Europe. Gold is standard GPS
with monochrome screen, Platinum adds sensors for magnetic compass, barometric
pressure and temperature. Color adds color screen and external antenna jack but
no extra sensors. SD cards are up to 1GB in size and largest one will hold
whole US. You will need card reader to fully utilize larger cards (can be
purchased for $20 or so). See Magellan site or Yahoo Meridian group for more
info. Depending on your needs you may want to get dedicated car GPS.
Old August 8th 04, 05:04 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
zulutime

"Tjmac" wrote in message ...
I recently gave my Magellan 315 to my son. I am looking to purchase anew
unit. Any suggestions for a comparable model would be appreciated!

Tjmac

I replaced an M315 with a Foretrex 201 about two months ago and am very satisfied.