Sirf problem please help me!!

Old August 8th 04, 12:17 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Fabrizio

Default Sirf problem please help me!!

Hello i'm fabrizio, sorry for my terribile english. I have a big problem
whit a SIRF binary protocol, I read the manual but I'm not understand what
is the exadecimal string that I must transmit to my gps reciver to set the
output message. Actualy I recive and decode message 0x02, 0x04, 0x09 but I
necessity 0x05 ,raw track data, for my thesis. I have try with message 0x80
but I send a casual buffer because I don't know all parameters request.
Answer me everybody on my mail .

Please help me

PS: if you have a good manual or code example (in C) please give me. I have
aofficial SIRF manual but it isn't good.

Old August 8th 04, 03:05 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Carsten Kurz

Fabrizio schrieb:

PS: if you have a good manual or code example (in C) please give me. I have
aofficial SIRF manual but it isn't good.

Which manual do you have? I suggest you download SirfDemo and especially
ublox u-Center. This will allow you to set all SIRF options, and uCenter
will also display every configuration msg you send to the device. This
is very useful for debugging SIRF Binary.

Usually the SIRF Binary msg rate command (ID166) is used to enable
certain msgs.

You should know, however, that some manufacturers may have not
implemented all msgs, so you should first try to set some of the more
common ones. If the unit doesn't output ID5 using uCenter, then it is
very likely that this device doesn't support it.

- Carsten

--
Audio Visual Systems fon: +49 (0)2234 601886
Carsten Kurz fax: +49 (0)2234 601887