SiRF data collection utility

Old August 9th 04, 12:19 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
ked

Default SiRF data collection utility

Hi,

I use a Dell Axim5 (Mobile 2003) and a compact flash GPS card (uses a
SiRFstar IIe/lp chipset) to collect GPS data. The commercial packages
I have used don't have many of the features I need.

Does anybody know of a program utility which will allow me to capture
SiRF sentences for differential correction? I've found some viewing
utilities but no capture utilities.

Thanks for your time and help.

Kevin
Old August 9th 04, 11:55 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Carsten Kurz

ked schrieb:

Does anybody know of a program utility which will allow me to capture
SiRF sentences for differential correction? I've found some viewing
utilities but no capture utilities.

As far as I know, the only one is DeLorme PostPro. It may not work on
the PPC without an Earthmate attached, though.

Yes, Grafnav also has a SIRF compatible Logger, but I guess it's way out
of your price range.

You can capture SIRF Binary with a terminal, but you would need an
additional converter to create RINEX from it.

- Carsten

--
Audio Visual Systems fon: +49 (0)2234 601886
Carsten Kurz fax: +49 (0)2234 601887