DoD restrictions on GPS units

Old November 2nd 04, 11:40 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Tumbleweed

Default DoD restrictions on GPS units

"Gymmy Bob" wrote in message
"Hitler declared war after Pearl Harbour"? I think he was dead at that
time...LOL

.... LOL.... make sure of your facts before putting 'LOL' !

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

Old November 3rd 04, 05:33 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Tumbleweed

I'll rephrase that then; "make sure of your facts using a better source than
you currently use, before putting 'LOL' ".

[Just out of interest, what source did you use that reported Hitler was dead
in 1941, or that Pearl Harbour occurred after 1945?]

I suppose you voted for Bush as well?

Old November 3rd 04, 05:51 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Richard E Maine

"Tumbleweed" writes:

I'll rephrase that then; "make sure of your facts using a better source than
you currently use, before putting 'LOL' ".

[Just out of interest, what source did you use that reported Hitler was dead
in 1941, or that Pearl Harbour occurred after 1945?]

Sounds like a new variant of denying that the holocaust ever happened.
We'll now start denying that Hitler was even involved in WWII because
he was dead before it started. :-(

Of course, someone who thinks that Hitler died before Perl Harbor
probably doesn't have enough grasp of 20'th century history to
understand the above reference to the holocaust. :-(

email: my first.last at org.domain | experience comes from bad judgment.
org: nasa, domain: gov | -- Mark Twain
Old November 3rd 04, 10:03 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav
Gymmy Bob

Bush is considered pussy in our country. Nobody else in the world really
cares about your politics.

.. .

Old September 10th 14, 09:20 PM posted to alt.satellite.gps,alt.satellite.gps.garmin,alt.satellite.gps.magellan,sci.geo.satellite-nav
[email protected]

Noel,

Could you please provide some NMEA data for me to test a program with.
I need some southern hemisphere sentences.

You could post a few minutes worth here or email it to me. An hour
would be really nice. "mikey" at "ILikeTheInternet" dot goes here
"com". Not sure why I bother disguising the address. I get so much
SPAM already!

It is a free program so this is not a commercial venture. Source and
compiled versions posted. The program will write the data I need.
NMEAgent from ILikeTheInternet.com. VB6 Source at
PlanetSourceCode.com or by request.

Thanks for any help with this,
Mike

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 04:37:27 GMT, (Noel
Bachelor) wrote:

On or about 16 Sep 2004 11:53:05 -0700, David Harper allegedly wrote:

And after a day, I get confirmation. He spoketh:
"Sir, the answer is that vertical velocity does not apply. GPS main
function
is for horizontal velocity."

So I'm wondering if it is a common misconception that the velocity
restriction is 3D, or if the guy at Garmin was smoking crack...?

It has often been mentioned here that they only use the horizontal
component for distance and speed display etc, so going uphill or down dale
is still only measured as the distance or speed sideways. It makes sense
then that the velocity restriction would only be applied hoizontally as
well.

Noel Bachelor noelbachelorAT(From:_domain)
S 12.416980
E130.922680