new Mapsource 5 beta V5.02

Old June 24th 03, 06:37 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,alt.satellite.gps
Robert Elsinga =8-)

Default new Mapsource 5 beta V5.02

On 24 Jun 2003 08:18:11 -0700, (Peter Hirsch)
wrote:

How can one print the directions to a file rather than to the printer?

Install a "print to file" text printer? Create a New Printer, brand
Microsoft, type "Generic Text". When choosing a port (LPT, Serial)
choos "File".

=8-)

--
Robert Elsinga =8-) e-mail: robert (at) elsinga.org/elsinga.net

Personal website:
www.elsinga.org, Home @ N 52"55.812', E 05"51.509'
Voice: +31 871 90 11 11 (EUR 0,41/min), fax2mail: +31 842 22 76 82
Old June 24th 03, 08:57 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,alt.satellite.gps
Al Adrian

I find that although I get a proper print test page when I install a generic
text printer in Windows ME.. I can't print to it with the beta. The file
just has a couple of lines in it with a some wierd characters.

Al...

Old June 25th 03, 12:19 AM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,alt.satellite.gps
Tom Harvey

In Win XP I found that if I had a real printer selected and just checked the
print to file box I got a .prn file of 0 bytes (i.e. it failed). Then I set
up a text file printer, and here what I found was somewhat different than
what was in Robert's directions. I did not find Microsoft under the list of
manufacturers, but I did find "generic", and if I selected that I could then
find "text only" under the printer selection list. By selecting this
"printer" in the Mapsource printing dialog I got good text files whether I
checked the print to file box or not, but checking the print to file box
has the advantage of allowing you to select the directory where you want the
file to go.

Tom
"Thomas B" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:57:36 GMT, "Al Adrian"
wrote:

I find that although I get a proper print test page when I install a

generic
text printer in Windows ME.. I can't print to it with the beta. The file
just has a couple of lines in it with a some wierd characters.

When I click on "Print Directions" I get a screen where I can select the
printer I want to use (from the list of installed printers).
Here I select the TextOnly printer of course.

Also, here I can put a checkmark near "To File". This should not be
necessary if you have the TextOnly printer already setup for File.
But it wouldn't hurt either.