Garmin V Tide Tables

Old June 25th 03, 07:15 AM posted to alt.satellite.gps,sci.geo.satellite-nav
paul

Default Garmin V Tide Tables

I'm inclined to agree. Do you find wildebeast in South Africa behave
like grizzly bears in Kansas?

Our wildebeest just seem to eat and sleep all day and then try and
avoid predators at night. I think the grizzlies might be a bit higher up
the food chain.

We have a couple of brilliant hiking trails along the coast which have
rivers you need to cross at low tide. Nothing crucial like sailing a boat
onto the rocks but it would be nice if this cunning little machine could
supply a reasonable guess rather than having to get a tide table from the
local fishing shop.

I have a little program for my palm pilot that calculates the tides
around the world. Can't remember what it is called. Gives the tides for
the nearest city.
Old June 25th 03, 03:12 PM posted to alt.satellite.gps,sci.geo.satellite-nav
Sam Nelson

In article ,
paul writes:
I have a little program for my palm pilot that calculates the tides
around the world. Can't remember what it is called. Gives the tides for
the nearest city.

Walt Bilofsky's `TideTool'. Brilliant. But if you want tidal information for
anywhere the UK Hydrographic Office reckons it owns the tidal IPR[0], better be
prepared for more difficulty than that free TideTool download...

0] Which includes various places well away from the UK, in true Imperial
fashion.
--
SAm. the littlest birds sing the prettiest songs
Old June 25th 03, 04:55 PM posted to alt.satellite.gps,sci.geo.satellite-nav
Don A

On what basis does UK feel they "own" a natural phenomena? It would seem if
I take certain items like the sun and earth etc and twiddle with their
movements [ or what ever else it takes to make a tide ] I could publish that
data without regard to UK. This is as nuts as someone "patenting" a
"double click" on E-bay to sort or order some items off the internet.