Driver won't install for Holux GM-270 CF GPS.

Old June 29th 03, 08:07 AM posted to alt.satellite.gps,sci.geo.satellite-nav,comp.sys.laptops
Darren Griffin

Default Driver won't install for Holux GM-270 CF GPS.

Dan wrote:
The Holux GM-270 CF GPS is working fine with my pocketpc. I am
attempting to use it with my notebook running XP Pro. When I insert
the unit with my Compact Flash PC Card Adapter, the light on the
Holux GM-270 CF GPS comes on and XP notifies me that new hardware is
detected. Where I am having an issue is XP recognizing the supplied
driver when I try to install the device manually. I point XP to the
folder that contains the driver and I am told that it's not the right
driver. I have tried with the drivers on the CD and the latest on
the web site. No joy! I thought that the Compact Flash PC Card
Adapter could be defective, so I put my CF memory card in it. XP
recognized it as a removeable drive.

Have you tried the driver available on the Holux website he
http://www.holux.com.tw/Temp%20web/d...ver(v4.04).zip
--
Darren Griffin
Contributing Editor

Old June 29th 03, 08:20 AM posted to alt.satellite.gps,sci.geo.satellite-nav,comp.sys.laptops
Raoul Kieffer

Hi Darren,

yes I tried it, and had the same problem.
Windows looks for a CF CARD-GENERIC driver and cannot find it among those
drivers.

Best regards

Raoul