Driver won't install for Holux GM-270 CF GPS.

Old July 5th 03, 11:52 PM posted to alt.satellite.gps,sci.geo.satellite-nav,comp.sys.laptops
Keith

Default Driver won't install for Holux GM-270 CF GPS.

On 29 Jun 2003 06:04:09 -0000, Dan wrote:

The Holux GM-270 CF GPS is working fine with my pocketpc. I am attempting
to use it with my notebook running XP Pro. When I insert the unit with my
Compact Flash PC Card Adapter, the light on the Holux GM-270 CF GPS comes
on and XP notifies me that new hardware is detected. Where I am having an
issue is XP recognizing the supplied driver when I try to install the
device manually. I point XP to the folder that contains the driver and I
am told that it's not the right driver.

Just use the standard WindowsXP drivers ;-)
Here's a discussion about that ;-)
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/t...?TOPIC_ID=2088

I have tried with the drivers on
the CD and the latest on the web site. No joy! I thought that the Compact
Flash PC Card Adapter could be defective, so I put my CF memory card in
it. XP recognized it as a removeable drive.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Dan

Keith