Lockheed Martin Completes GPS III Flight Software Milestone by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Lockheed Martin Completes GPS III Flight Software Milestone http://www.gpsworld.com/lockheed-martin-completes-gps-iii-flight-software-milestone/ The Lockheed Martin team developing the U.S. Air Force’s next generation Global Position System III satellites has completed a key flight software milestone validating the software’s ability to provide reliable and effective command and...
February 12th 13 10:19 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 254
Why the Price of Precision Receivers Will Drop by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Why the Price of Precision Receivers Will Drop http://www.gpsworld.com/why-the-price-of-precision-receivers-drop/ For quite some time, I’ve been writing in GPS World magazine and speaking at conferences about the declining prices of high-precision GNSS receivers and how the cost of high-precision data (especially vertical) is going to decline substantially. For my colleagues in Asia,...
February 12th 13 01:43 PM
by Peter H. Coffin Go to last post
3 360
Galileo Escapes Further Cuts in European Council Budget Action by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Galileo Escapes Further Cuts in European Council Budget Action http://www.insidegnss.com/node/3417 The European Council heads of states meeting ended today (February 8, 2013) without making further cuts in the proposed budget for Europe's GNSS programs. Despite sizable cuts in the overall budget proposed by the European Commission (EC), the 2014–20 multi-annual financial framework...
February 9th 13 12:01 PM
by oriel36[_2_] Go to last post
2 336
The GNSS Quartet -- Harmonizing GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo by Sam Wormley[_2_]
The GNSS Quartet -- Harmonizing GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo http://www.insidegnss.com/node/3375 Variations on a Theme: Now that everybody has joined the choir, can the four GNSS programs learn how to make beautiful music together? The world’s four GNSS programs aren’t exactly a classical quartet, weaving Mozart stanzas in disciplined execution. They are more like a new jazz...
February 9th 13 03:30 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 354
Galileo in troubles for funding? by [email protected]
Ok, I know, this happens quite often. Besides the delay, the funds have been granted so far. And, seems that most of the satellites and launches have already budget covered. Any though? http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/02/eus-underwhelming-gps-rival-could-be-axed-in-new-budget-cuts/
February 8th 13 08:27 AM
Commentary on this catastrophe by oriel36[_2_]
One of the largest scale endeavors in human history was not the moon landing program but must certainly belong to the building of the Great Pyramid for not only was every sort of engineering innovation brought to bear on the process of construction of the pyramid and the innovations in the pyramid itself, it is that these things were set inside a larger purpose that is lost to the modern mind.The...
February 7th 13 02:38 PM
by oriel36[_2_] Go to last post
0 267
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013009 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
2013009------------------------ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013009 SUBJ: SVN53 (PRN17) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 030/2315 - JDAY 031/1115 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2013009 NANU DTG: 252142Z JAN 2013 REFERENCE NANU: N/A REF NANU DTG: N/A SVN: 53 PRN: 17
January 27th 13 07:38 PM
by oriel36[_2_] Go to last post
2 327
describe analysis by cargot
;-)) These two articles look similar: As if space travel was not already filled with enough dangers, a new study out today in the journal PLOS ONE shows that cosmic radiation -- which would bombard astronauts on deep space missions to places like Mars -- could accelerate the onset of Alzheimer's disease. ; As a result, When evaluating analysis and the relationship with the ion polymer, it is...
January 25th 13 11:06 AM
by cargot Go to last post
0 415
This GPS news group is in decline where are you guys all hanging outon the internet? by Vincent van der Laan
Always enjoyed the knowledge & views of Alan Browne, Sam Wormley, J. Lodder, marcelo and many others... Apparently you have all found a new forum?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 24th 13 12:28 AM
by oriel36[_2_] Go to last post
23 1,006
Is FAA the barrier to enabling the L2C NAV message ? by [email protected]
GPS World's Dan Jewell article this week is very interesting: Titled: "2C or not 2C: An Important Signal Question" Mr Jewell says FAA is trying to prevent the L2C NAV message from being enabled. Suposedly (there's no oficial source on this), the FAA is arguing for either performing some long, expensive testing to ensure L2C won't interfere with WAAS or simply waiting until L5 comes online. Here...
January 11th 13 03:22 AM
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013002-003 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
2013002------------------------ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013002 SUBJ: SVN51 (PRN20) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 016/2015 - JDAY 017/0815 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2013002 NANU DTG: 101717Z JAN 2013 REFERENCE NANU: N/A REF NANU DTG: N/A SVN: 51 PRN: 20
January 10th 13 07:57 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 337
Compass ICD Rumored Again by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Compass ICD Rumored Again http://www.gpsworld.com/compass-icd-rumored-again/ A GNSS industry representative stationed in Shanghai, China sent this message recently to a U.S. colleague: “Latest unofficial news said that the Compass Interface Control Document (ICD) will be released on 27th this month, and will be available on the internet on 28th.” Such rumors have floated before, in late...
December 20th 12 12:11 PM
Directions 2013: GLONASS Today and Tomorrow by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Directions 2013: GLONASS Today and Tomorrow http://www.gpsworld.com/directions-2013-glonass-today-and-tomorrow/ Since December 2011, the GLONASS system has been fully operational, providing worldwide service with 100 percent global availability and acceptable accuracy for most users. The system is globally accepted by many users, and most leading manufacturers include GLONASS in their...
December 18th 12 10:48 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
1 296
Transmissions from Galileo Satellite IOV-4 Begin by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Transmissions from Galileo Satellite IOV-4 Begin http://www.gpsworld.com/transmissions-from-galileo-satellite-iov-4-begin/
December 18th 12 10:09 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 248
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012080 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
2012080------------------------ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012080 SUBJ: SVN35 (PRN30) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 347/1715 - JDAY 348/0515 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2012080 NANU DTG: 071857Z DEC 2012 REFERENCE NANU: N/A REF NANU DTG: N/A SVN: 35 PRN: 30
December 8th 12 01:18 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 259
Lot Coordinates by John Simpson[_2_]
We have a 31 acre woodlot in upper New York state. Last week I got a call from a logging company who wanted to log the property. All he had access to was a tax map. He walked the lot and got back to me today with a price. I asked him how he determined the lot boundaries, which are poorly, if at all, marked. His answer was "years in the business'. I asked if he used a GPS and reluctantly he said...
November 24th 12 11:41 AM
My Moi A701 mobile phone GPS tells me that the date is January 1. 1601. by Bill Sloman
The GPS knows where I am perfectly, and the phone seems to know the correct data and time, but the GPS information screen, while showing me precisely the right latitude and longitude, has got this bizarre date and a fairly odd time. It isn't giving me any actual trouble, but it used to do better than this and I'm curious as to what might be going on. The phone is a few years old now, and the...
November 21st 12 11:09 AM
by Terje Mathisen[_2_] Go to last post
4 372
Good News and Plenty of It by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/good-news-and-plenty-of-it/ Good News and Plenty of It By Alan Cameron, Editor-in-chief Firing on all cylinders - to use a slightly outmoded technological metaphor - GNSS moved forward on virtually every front in the past month. GPS made major advances both on the ground and in space, Galileo took a giant step, Compass continued on its roll, and GAGAN is settling...
November 20th 12 06:18 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 322
Client sw; moving bookmarks by David Lesher
{Wish I saw a better newsgroup for this...} So a friend has Delorme on a laptop, and would like to move to some kind of Android tablet. He'd get one with a USB port for an outboard receiver. But what kind of stand-alone mapping clients are available for Android, and how can he convert his bookmarks/notes to it? -- A host is a host from coast to
November 10th 12 06:03 AM
by miso Go to last post
7 516
GPS IIF-3 positioning by HIPAR
GPS IIF-3 has 'drifted' around the world since it was launched on 04 OCt 12.. Actually it was placed in a higher near circular orbit that lengthened its orbital period allowing the A1 position to catch up with it. It's now orbiting very close to the PRN30 satellite which currently occupies the prime A1 slot. Apparently, a final positioning is in progress. From the GPS Yuma almanac: was ...
November 8th 12 06:43 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post

From The