Fun: GPS, relativity, and nuclear detection by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Fun: GPS, relativity, and nuclear detection http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky4RgRvVDoA
February 25th 13 08:04 AM
by hanson Go to last post
1 379
Researchers See Ionospheric Signature of North Korean Nuclear Test by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Researchers See Ionospheric Signature of North Korean Nuclear Test http://www.gpsworld.com/researchers-see-ionospheric-signature-of-north-korean-nuclear-test/ The explosion of an underground nuclear device by North Korea this week disturbed the Earth’s ionosphere. The blast generated infrasonic waves that propagated all the way to the upper atmosphere causing small variations in the...
February 20th 13 04:39 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 279
GPS and GLONASS: "Dual-core" location for Smartyour by Sam Wormley[_2_]
GPS and GLONASS: "Dual-core" location for your phone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB9pXInwh3k List of Smartphones using assisted GPS and GLONASS (need references) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Smartphones_using_GLONASS_Navigation The less time your smartphone spends searching for satellites, the faster you can start using your location-based services. Qualcomm’s ...
February 13th 13 03:06 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 281
Lockheed Martin Completes GPS III Flight Software Milestone by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Lockheed Martin Completes GPS III Flight Software Milestone http://www.gpsworld.com/lockheed-martin-completes-gps-iii-flight-software-milestone/ The Lockheed Martin team developing the U.S. Air Force’s next generation Global Position System III satellites has completed a key flight software milestone validating the software’s ability to provide reliable and effective command and...
February 12th 13 09:19 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 273
Why the Price of Precision Receivers Will Drop by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Why the Price of Precision Receivers Will Drop http://www.gpsworld.com/why-the-price-of-precision-receivers-drop/ For quite some time, I’ve been writing in GPS World magazine and speaking at conferences about the declining prices of high-precision GNSS receivers and how the cost of high-precision data (especially vertical) is going to decline substantially. For my colleagues in Asia,...
February 12th 13 12:43 PM
by Peter H. Coffin Go to last post
3 381
Galileo Escapes Further Cuts in European Council Budget Action by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Galileo Escapes Further Cuts in European Council Budget Action http://www.insidegnss.com/node/3417 The European Council heads of states meeting ended today (February 8, 2013) without making further cuts in the proposed budget for Europe's GNSS programs. Despite sizable cuts in the overall budget proposed by the European Commission (EC), the 2014–20 multi-annual financial framework...
February 9th 13 11:01 AM
by oriel36[_2_] Go to last post
2 355
The GNSS Quartet -- Harmonizing GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo by Sam Wormley[_2_]
The GNSS Quartet -- Harmonizing GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo http://www.insidegnss.com/node/3375 Variations on a Theme: Now that everybody has joined the choir, can the four GNSS programs learn how to make beautiful music together? The world’s four GNSS programs aren’t exactly a classical quartet, weaving Mozart stanzas in disciplined execution. They are more like a new jazz...
February 9th 13 02:30 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 385
Galileo in troubles for funding? by [email protected]
Ok, I know, this happens quite often. Besides the delay, the funds have been granted so far. And, seems that most of the satellites and launches have already budget covered. Any though? http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/02/eus-underwhelming-gps-rival-could-be-axed-in-new-budget-cuts/
February 8th 13 07:27 AM
Commentary on this catastrophe by oriel36[_2_]
One of the largest scale endeavors in human history was not the moon landing program but must certainly belong to the building of the Great Pyramid for not only was every sort of engineering innovation brought to bear on the process of construction of the pyramid and the innovations in the pyramid itself, it is that these things were set inside a larger purpose that is lost to the modern mind.The...
February 7th 13 01:38 PM
by oriel36[_2_] Go to last post
0 289
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013009 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
2013009------------------------ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013009 SUBJ: SVN53 (PRN17) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 030/2315 - JDAY 031/1115 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2013009 NANU DTG: 252142Z JAN 2013 REFERENCE NANU: N/A REF NANU DTG: N/A SVN: 53 PRN: 17
January 27th 13 06:38 PM
by oriel36[_2_] Go to last post
2 367
describe analysis by cargot
;-)) These two articles look similar: As if space travel was not already filled with enough dangers, a new study out today in the journal PLOS ONE shows that cosmic radiation -- which would bombard astronauts on deep space missions to places like Mars -- could accelerate the onset of Alzheimer's disease. ; As a result, When evaluating analysis and the relationship with the ion polymer, it is...
January 25th 13 10:06 AM
by cargot Go to last post
0 434
This GPS news group is in decline where are you guys all hanging outon the internet? by Vincent van der Laan
Always enjoyed the knowledge & views of Alan Browne, Sam Wormley, J. Lodder, marcelo and many others... Apparently you have all found a new forum?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 23rd 13 11:28 PM
by oriel36[_2_] Go to last post
23 1,105
Is FAA the barrier to enabling the L2C NAV message ? by [email protected]
GPS World's Dan Jewell article this week is very interesting: Titled: "2C or not 2C: An Important Signal Question" Mr Jewell says FAA is trying to prevent the L2C NAV message from being enabled. Suposedly (there's no oficial source on this), the FAA is arguing for either performing some long, expensive testing to ensure L2C won't interfere with WAAS or simply waiting until L5 comes online. Here...
January 11th 13 02:22 AM
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013002-003 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
2013002------------------------ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2013002 SUBJ: SVN51 (PRN20) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 016/2015 - JDAY 017/0815 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2013002 NANU DTG: 101717Z JAN 2013 REFERENCE NANU: N/A REF NANU DTG: N/A SVN: 51 PRN: 20
January 10th 13 06:57 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 357
Compass ICD Rumored Again by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Compass ICD Rumored Again http://www.gpsworld.com/compass-icd-rumored-again/ A GNSS industry representative stationed in Shanghai, China sent this message recently to a U.S. colleague: “Latest unofficial news said that the Compass Interface Control Document (ICD) will be released on 27th this month, and will be available on the internet on 28th.” Such rumors have floated before, in late...
December 20th 12 11:11 AM
Directions 2013: GLONASS Today and Tomorrow by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Directions 2013: GLONASS Today and Tomorrow http://www.gpsworld.com/directions-2013-glonass-today-and-tomorrow/ Since December 2011, the GLONASS system has been fully operational, providing worldwide service with 100 percent global availability and acceptable accuracy for most users. The system is globally accepted by many users, and most leading manufacturers include GLONASS in their...
December 18th 12 09:48 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
1 312
Transmissions from Galileo Satellite IOV-4 Begin by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Transmissions from Galileo Satellite IOV-4 Begin http://www.gpsworld.com/transmissions-from-galileo-satellite-iov-4-begin/
December 18th 12 09:09 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 279
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012080 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
2012080------------------------ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012080 SUBJ: SVN35 (PRN30) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 347/1715 - JDAY 348/0515 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2012080 NANU DTG: 071857Z DEC 2012 REFERENCE NANU: N/A REF NANU DTG: N/A SVN: 35 PRN: 30
December 8th 12 12:18 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 279
Lot Coordinates by John Simpson[_2_]
We have a 31 acre woodlot in upper New York state. Last week I got a call from a logging company who wanted to log the property. All he had access to was a tax map. He walked the lot and got back to me today with a price. I asked him how he determined the lot boundaries, which are poorly, if at all, marked. His answer was "years in the business'. I asked if he used a GPS and reluctantly he said...
November 24th 12 10:41 AM
My Moi A701 mobile phone GPS tells me that the date is January 1. 1601. by Bill Sloman
The GPS knows where I am perfectly, and the phone seems to know the correct data and time, but the GPS information screen, while showing me precisely the right latitude and longitude, has got this bizarre date and a fairly odd time. It isn't giving me any actual trouble, but it used to do better than this and I'm curious as to what might be going on. The phone is a few years old now, and the...
November 21st 12 10:09 AM
by Terje Mathisen[_2_] Go to last post

From The