HELP finding a GPS with... by David
I'll spare you the long explanation of why but I am looking for a new GPS unit that has two features my Magellan 315 has that I do not want to give up. The first feature is the ability to view the same position in TWO coordinate system and datum's (independently selectable) on the same screen. i.e., When I use my Magellan 315 GPS with maps I generally am using a Topo with UTM and NAD27 as...
March 26th 07 02:36 PM
by Leonard Go to last post
1 210
Mystery of mysteries: why DTH (direct to home) satellite receivers don't have GPS single channel receivers... by Max Power
Mystery of mysteries: why DTH (direct to home) satellite receivers don't have GPS single channel receivers... Probably I should say 'set top box' -- proprietary to a single provider like one encounters in North America. Why? 1. Due to international copyright law and market access regulations, set top boxes should only operate in one country typically...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 26th 07 06:21 AM
by Dave Martindale Go to last post
14 548
GPSdX and Intel Macs by isw
Is there a version of GSPdX that is known to work with Intel Macs (i.e. MacBook)? thanks Isaac
March 25th 07 03:55 AM
by isw Go to last post
0 120
Blaupunkt Travel Pilot EX Ford Mondeo by airmill
Does anybody know where to find software for this navigation device to download( if possible)??? Thnx, P!m
March 23rd 07 10:11 PM
by airmill Go to last post
0 165
GS20 + SAPOS HEPS by NTRIP by David Mauro
Hi, I'm just wondering if it is possible to receive HEPS RT correction with the GS20. The GS20 has to send rover position via NMEA in order to receive the data. Is this possible with firmware 4.0? Thanks from Munich
March 23rd 07 08:02 PM
by David Mauro Go to last post
0 157
TOM TOM 500 Traffic cameras show but no sound by Ray
Hi, The Traffic Camera details show up but no warning sound is played. I am sure in the past it showed them at the end of POI's but they are not there now. I have the latest software, can anyone advise, am I missing a file? Ray
March 23rd 07 05:14 PM
by Ray Go to last post
0 167
Reselling Garmin MapSource? by Nathan Urban
If I buy a Garmin MapSource product, unlock it, and install it on my GPS, can I later remove the maps from my GPS, sell MapSource to someone else, and transfer the map license from my GPS unit to theirs? From my reading of Garmin's web site, I think the answer is "no", which leaves me with few options. But I'd like to double-check. My sob story: I received a Garmin unit for Christmas, but I'm...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 23rd 07 04:06 PM
probe by zz
March 23rd 07 07:15 AM
by zz Go to last post
0 173
unlock code; simple question by [email protected]
I gather the Garmin topo maps do not use unlock codes. I have an emap and never encountered the unlock code.
March 23rd 07 02:13 AM
Sony Vaio VGP-BGU1 pairing code by [email protected]
I lost the manual to my Sony Vaio VGP-BGU1 Bluetooth GPS device. Along with it, I lost the Bluetooth pairing code. I finally found the code in a forum and decided to post it here for anyone else who made the same mistake. The code is 2006. Original website: http://www.micropctalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6099
March 22nd 07 12:57 PM
no map & geocrache by [email protected]
Peeps, I got knew etrek. I expect for to tell me where I am "pinpoint" but all it show is numbers. I want it to say you are at bus stop, you at school, you at bookshop.... No good. The advert is lies. I want to geocash but i try this and that and it no way to tell me where geocach is to be found. Useless. I wish to give back peace of **** but buy in USA not possible :(
March 21st 07 07:10 PM
by BrentC Go to last post
5 242
No daylight bit, apparently by Ron Hardin
That answers that question. -- Ron Hardin On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 21st 07 03:22 AM
by laura halliday Go to last post
23 764
GPS Crime Fighter by [email protected]
http://www.thestar.com/article/193790 -------------------------------------------------------------------- Mar 20, 2007 04:30 AM Jim Wilkes Staff Reporter Sometimes you'd be better off using a map. A man and woman accused in a spree of Newmarket vehicle burglaries are
March 20th 07 10:49 PM
glonass or gps+glonass yuma almanacs by [email protected]
Hi all, Where can I find historical and current Glonass or GPS+Glonass almanacs in Yuma format? Thanks! Rizwan
March 20th 07 12:18 PM
by T Driver Go to last post
1 347
garmin 2820 vs magellan 760 by g
For a friend. He used a magellan 760. I guess all of his address points came up. After buying a slew of garmin 2820's for friends, many adresses are not comming up. Something missing?? g
March 19th 07 06:01 PM
by g Go to last post
0 158
POI Problem with Garmin Legend Cx by Monsieur Commencal HT
I am finding it impossible to transfer POI files to my new Garmin Legend Cx. I can make .gpx files using Mapsource TOPO or I can make .csv files using notepad. POI Loader says that it succesfully transferred the correct number of objects to the GPS but when I look for them they are not there. The same thing happens with POIs that I download from the web.
March 19th 07 03:49 PM
by Monsieur Commencal HT Go to last post
5 197
vista tips and tricks,make xp fast and keys and crack by imujval
find regular tips and tricks for computer hardware and software, vista and windows xp tips and tricks and keyboard short cut,keys and crack for software. www.vista-tip.blogspot.com enjoy and cheer
March 19th 07 02:48 AM
by imujval Go to last post
0 144
Garmin Map of Japan Okinawa by Sam
"Rudolpho" wrote in message ... : : I found a map of Japan on: : http://rwsmaps.griffel.se/ : You'll find a map of Japan in the middle of the page. It doesn't cover : the whole of Japan. : There is also a map of Japan on: : http://uud.info/en/
March 19th 07 02:48 AM
by Sam Go to last post
6 225
Garmin City Navigator Europe v9 Update by Mike Lane
About 3 weeks ago I had an email from Garmin telling me that the CN v9 update for my SP 2610 was now available, so I immediately ordered the update dvd from the Garmin website. Nothing has arrived as yet (7 - 10 working days they said), so a week ago I contacted Garmin UK in Romsey, and spoke to a seemingly helpful chap who promised to send me a copy of the dvd himself straight away. Again...
March 18th 07 12:46 PM
by Mike Lane Go to last post
1 159
Google Earth + LINUX LapTop + GPS == Navigation?? by Ignoramus12697
Now that I made my linux laptop use my Motorola cell phone as a modem, I would like to explore a little bit a possibility of using said laptop for "mobile GPS navigation". Here's what I know 1) My linux laptop can have networking using cell phone as a modem 2) I get about 100 kbps and 1-1.5 second ping latency (ping google.com)
March 17th 07 10:13 PM
by Paul Mitchum Go to last post

From The