NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012043 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm http://celestrak.com/GPS/NANU/2012/ http://celestrak.com/GPS/status/2012/ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012043 SUBJ: SVN48 (PRN7) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 179/1700 - JDAY 180/0500 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2012043 NANU DTG: 211622Z JUN 2012
June 21st 12 06:48 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 225
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012041 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm http://celestrak.com/GPS/NANU/2012/ http://celestrak.com/GPS/status/2012/ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012041 SUBJ: SVN48 (PRN7) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 179/1700 - JDAY 180/0500 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTMX NANU NUMBER: 2012041 NANU DTG: 201916Z JUN 2012
June 20th 12 10:02 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 204
How to pick which partition the mapsource database is loaded by miso
Yeah, I know, long time no post. Hey, at least I'm proclaiming Jesus is Lord. IIRC, the trick to force Garmin to load the database on a particular drive is to copy the DVD to that drive then do the installation from that drive. Well, apparently not since I just did that and the database still went to my D drive (where I put my programs).
June 15th 12 07:57 AM
by miso Go to last post
2 292
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012038 NANU TYPE: GENERAL by Sam Wormley[_2_]
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012038 NANU TYPE: GENERAL *** GENERAL MESSAGE TO ALL GPS USERS *** The purpose of this notification is to inform users of an upcoming event related to the GPS satellite constellation. The 2nd Space Operations Squadron will be installing new ground software on 19 June 2012 (Julian Date J171). There are no planned GPS satellite outages for this activity,...
June 14th 12 06:13 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 205
Google Enhances 3D Maps: Is It Enough To Keep Competitors at Bay?| GPS World by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/lbs/google-enhances-3d-maps-it-enough-keep-competitors-bay-13073 Google’s recent announcement that it plans to enhance its 3D maps on the Android platform was seen as a preemptive strike against Apple, which is planning a similar announcement. In other recent news, some analysts and trade press are saying Verizon is paying way too much for Hughes Telematics. All of this...
June 14th 12 09:57 AM
by J. J. Lodder Go to last post
1 289
Lockheed Martin Completes Navigation Payload Milestone for GPS IIIPrototype | GPS World by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/gnss-system/gps-modernization/news/lockheed-martin-completes-navigation-payload-milestone-gps-iii-pr The GPS III program will replace aging GPS satellites while improving capability to meet the evolving demands of military, commercial and civilian users worldwide. GPS III satellites are expected to deliver better accuracy and improved anti-jamming power, while...
June 13th 12 09:13 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 269
JESUS IS LORD! by GOD OF ISRAEL
JESUS IS LORD, and believe in your heart that GOD hath raised HIM from the dead, thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (cf.THE HOLY BIBLE: ROMANS 10:9 and ACTS 16:31b) Have you received THE LORD GOD OF ISRAEL’S MOST BELOVED and ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, to be your personal Lord and Savior? If not, say this prayer: “LORD GOD, please forgive me of my sins. Thank YOU for YOUR...
June 13th 12 07:37 PM
by GOD OF ISRAEL Go to last post
0 286
COM.Geo 2012 Panel: Realizing the Geospatial Potential of Mobile, IoTand Big Data by NewCyber3D
COM.Geo 2012 Panel: Realizing the Geospatial Potential of Mobile, IoT and Big Data (by OGC, Microsoft, Oracle, GE, and Skyhook Wireless) What happens when you have connected sensors in everyone's pockets, homes, vehicles, workspaces, street corners, shopping areas, and more? With the convergence of Mobile Computing, the Internet of Things (IoT), and the ability to gather and analyze this Big...
June 7th 12 05:48 PM
by NewCyber3D Go to last post
0 312
GPS Launch and production schedule until 2020 by macpacheco
Hello fellow list members. There are 10 unlaunched IIF birds. One is schedule for launch 09/2012. Current launch pace is one bird every 13-15 months. Even if we increase that pace to one launch every 9 months, it would still take until mid 2021 to finish launching the last 10 IIF Birds. Add the first two IIIA to that and we're talking 2022+. There are 10 active IIA birds, so each IIF launch...
June 5th 12 12:57 PM
by macpacheco Go to last post
6 363
LAT LONG CONVERTER by [email protected]
recommend a degrees decimal minutes to decimal degrees converter ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 3rd 12 01:29 AM
by Anthony[_3_] Go to last post
11 935
Open Source GIS:Part II | GPS World by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/gis/gss-weekly/open-source-gis-part-ii-13011 I received a bit of email from my article last week on open source GIS. There are two letters from readers I'd like to share with you because I think they clearly represent two different perspectives of the open source GIS discussion.
May 25th 12 08:17 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 240
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012033 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm http://celestrak.com/GPS/NANU/2012/ http://celestrak.com/GPS/status/2012/ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012033 SUBJ: SVN35 (PRN30) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 139/2112 - JDAY 145/1536 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2012033 NANU DTG: 241545Z MAY 2012
May 24th 12 05:48 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 214
How much do GPS receivers affect the local GPS signal strength? by Mark F[_2_]
How much do GPS receivers affect the local GPS signal strength? While a receiver doesn't reduce the signal strength much, it would seem that it has to have some effect. Perhaps the effect was insignificant with only 1E6 receivers, but, with GPS in many mobile phone there may now be 1E9 receivers, 1000 times as many. Perhaps in the future when every packaged item for sale has a GPS receiver in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 12 10:47 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
16 801
LightSquared Bankrupt, But Spectrum Void Still Beckons | GPS World by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/gnss-system/news/lightsquared-bankrupt-spectrum-void-still-beckons-12984
May 16th 12 09:26 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
5 386
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012032 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm http://celestrak.com/GPS/NANU/2012/ http://celestrak.com/GPS/status/2012/ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012032 SUBJ: SVN35 (PRN30) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 139/2100 - JDAY 145/2100 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTMX NANU NUMBER: 2012032 NANU DTG: 112215Z MAY 2012
May 12th 12 12:30 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 189
Thoughts on Mobile Devices, UAVs, and Cheap Software GIS GPS | GPSWorld by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/gis/gss-weekly/thoughts-mobile-devices-uavs-and-cheap-data-collection-software-12951
May 10th 12 09:13 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 190
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012031 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm http://celestrak.com/GPS/NANU/2012/ http://celestrak.com/GPS/status/2012/ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012031 SUBJ: SVN26 (PRN26) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 128/1418 - JDAY 128/1556 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2012031 NANU DTG: 071606Z MAY 2012
May 7th 12 05:23 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 213
First SirfStar4 USB GPS unit reviewed by Marvin.Hlavac
A version of BU-353 just released with the new SirfStar IV chip. Here is a review by members of Laptop GPS World: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/2599-globalsat-bu-353-s4-usb-gps-receiver
May 7th 12 01:41 AM
by Marvin.Hlavac Go to last post
0 273
Fwd: 1859's "Great Auroral Storm"—the week the Sun touched the earth by Sam Wormley[_2_]
-------- Original Message -------- Subject: 1859's "Great Auroral Storm"—the week the Sun touched the earth Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 00:34:58 -0500 From: Sam Wormley Newsgroups: sci.physics http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2012/05/1859s-great-auroral-stormthe-week-the-sun-touched-the-earth.ars
May 4th 12 10:18 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
3 326
GPS IIA Satellites a Concern for OCX | GPS World by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/gnss-system/news/gps-iia-satellites-concern-ocx-12922
May 4th 12 12:40 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post

From The