Expert Advice: Soldiers and Civilian GPS: Dangerous (and Deadly?)Expediency | GPS World by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/defense/expert-advice-soldiers-and-civilian-gps-dangerous-and-deadly-expediency-12802
April 24th 12 09:38 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
4 363
First of next 14 Galileo satellite nav payloads ready for integration by Alan Browne
http://www.gpsworld.com/gnss-system/galileo/news/first-payload-ready-next-batch-galileo-satellites-12896 Launch: 2014 (beginning of first 14 + 8 FOC satellites) IOC: ? FOC: 2018 (30 satellites). --
April 23rd 12 09:32 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
0 250
Fwd: New NANU 2012023-26 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
April 20th 12 11:05 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
2 316
Personal Privacy Jammers | GPS World by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/government/personal-privacy-jammers-12837 Continuing interest in understanding PPD effects on GPS receivers led to the installation of remotely accessible monitoring equipment that provides detailed characteristics of these devices. Remote access facilitates monitoring, particularly since PPDs are present for 30 to 60 seconds at a time and only a few times a day.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 18th 12 09:37 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
16 819
Spirent E911 and LBS Testing Keeps Pace with Evolving Wireless Networks| GPS World by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/wireless/news/spirent-e911-and-lbs-testing-keeps-pace-evolving-wireless-networks-12873
April 18th 12 09:34 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 242
Stonewalling, Mapping, Google, and Fines | GPS World by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/wireless/stonewalling-mapping-google-and-fines-12888
April 18th 12 09:33 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 247
Out in Front: The Fire Next Time | GPS World by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/gnss-system/out-front-fire-next-time-12665 We have turned back the LightSquared effort to establish a threatening beachhead adjacent to GPS spectrum bands. Having expended many millions, we can now return to our business, secure in having demonstrated both our rights and our rightness.
April 12th 12 11:19 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
1 246
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012022 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm http://celestrak.com/GPS/NANU/2012/ http://celestrak.com/GPS/status/2012/ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012022 SUBJ: SVN55 (PRN15) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 103/1200 - JDAY 103/1812 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2012022 NANU DTG: 121825Z APR 2012
April 12th 12 08:43 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 262
NEW ARTICLE ABOUT COORDINATE TRANSFORMATIONS PUBLISHED by Sam Wormley[_2_]
April 6, 2012 NEW ARTICLE ABOUT COORDINATE TRANSFORMATIONS PUBLISHED An article co-authored by Drs. Soler and Weston, members of the OPUS team, was recently published in "Computers and Geosciences." The paper discusses some applications to GPS georeferencing. The full citation of the article is:
April 11th 12 11:26 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 358
The Kinematic GPS Challenge: First Gravity Comparison Results | GPSWorld by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/tech-talk-blog/kinematic-gps-challenge-first-gravity-comparison-results-12754 The National Geodetic Survey (NGS) has issued a “Kinematic GPS Challenge” to the community in support of NGS’ airborne gravity data collection program, called Gravity for the Redefinition of the American Vertical Datum (GRAV-D). The “Challenge” is meant to provide a unique benchmarking...
April 11th 12 06:28 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 234
Glonass ID, slots and freq channels by claudegps
Hi, I'm looking at Glonass and I'm a bit confused on the slot number assignment and the associated frequency channels and NMEA ID. Glonass slots are numbered 1-8 in plan 1, 9-16 in plane 2 and 17-24 in plane 3. For example, if I'm not wrong, NMEA outputs glonass satellites by their slot(+64). GPS instead outputs the PRN. Basically with the GPS any satellite can have a PRN (and so, an ID in the...
April 11th 12 04:29 PM
by claudegps Go to last post
0 277
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012021 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012021 SUBJ: SVN55 (PRN15) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 103/1200 - JDAY 103/2330 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2012021 NANU DTG: 062024Z APR 2012 REFERENCE NANU: N/A REF NANU DTG: N/A SVN: 55 PRN: 15 START JDAY: 103
April 6th 12 09:03 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 234
Exclusive: Falcone mulls voluntary bankruptcy for LightSquared by charles[_2_]
By Matthew Goldstein NEW YORK (Reuters) - Hedge fund manager Philip Falcone said in an interview on Wednesday he is "seriously considering" filing a voluntary bankruptcy for LightSquared, the struggling telecom startup in which his Harbinger Capital Partners is the majority owner. more http://finance.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-falcone-mulls-voluntary-bankruptcy-211036644.html
April 5th 12 07:41 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
2 585
Enge Pilots Polaris Wireless/GPS Integration | GPS World by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.gpsworld.com/wireless/news/enge-pilots-polaris-wirelessgps-integration-12825 Polaris Wireless, a provider of software-based wireless location solutions, announced that Per K. Enge of Stanford University has joined its executive team as the chief technical advisor. In an interview with GPS World, Enge describes how combined wireless location signatures and GPS show an exciting way...
April 5th 12 01:13 PM
LightSquared Satellite Disabled By Last Week's Solar Storm - Slashdot by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/12/03/15/199252/lightsquared-satellite-disabled-by-last-weeks-solar-storm "Troubled LightSquared's primary Skyterra 1 satellite has been out of service since the solar storm on March 7. The company says it is 'working through the rebuild of the satellite tapping into the resources that were involved in the original program.' This development follows a stream of...
April 5th 12 01:12 PM
STATISTICS FOR CORS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES by Sam Wormley[_2_]
STATISTICS FOR CORS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES --------------------------------------------------------- April 02, 2012 OPUS COVERAGE BY COUNTY IN MARCH 2012 To see a plot of OPUS-S solutions in the US by county during March 2012 click at:
April 5th 12 01:41 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 229
TomTom Leap Year Bug by Ed M.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17599701 "TomTom has blamed a "leap year bug" for a fault causing some of its satellite navigation devices to malfunction. The firm said that a problem with its global positioning system firmware - code embedded into the devices - was causing "a limited number of models" to fail to identify their location. Affected users are presented with a grey screen and...
April 5th 12 01:35 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
5 648
Geolocation Privacy Issues by Ed M.
Story in yesterday's New York Times on police practices in tracking cell phone location: https://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/01/us/police-tracking-of-cellphones-raises-privacy-fears.html Principal source for...
April 2nd 12 04:39 PM
by Ed M. Go to last post
0 287
FCC orders GPS makers to retrofit devices to filter Lightsquaredsignal by Alan Browne
THE FCC today ordered makers of airborne and ground GPS equipment supporting navigation operations to design retrofit solutions for all installed and operating GPS receivers with filters to block signals from the Lightsquared communications system. -- "I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know." -Samuel Clemens.
April 1st 12 09:05 PM
by Vincent van der Laan Go to last post
3 307
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012020 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm http://celestrak.com/GPS/NANU/2012/ http://celestrak.com/GPS/status/2012/ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2012020 SUBJ: SVN27 (PRN27) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 086/1418 - JDAY 086/1556 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2012020 NANU DTG: 261609Z MAR 2012
March 26th 12 05:41 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post

From The