icd-gps-060 by ralph
Anyone know where I can find the interface/standard document on icd-gps-060 online? Many thanks.
July 11th 06 04:08 AM
by ralph Go to last post
3 324
Is it Metroguide USA 4.0 or 3.0? by [email protected]
I hear people say this is the last version of Metroguide before Garmin switched map vendor, and the last routable metroguide on the receiver. What is the data version of this map as shown by help-about-product info? Does it really say 4.0? What's the copyright year? 2002? I want to make sure I am getting the right thing from craigslist. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 10th 06 10:22 PM
by Jack Yeazel Go to last post
12 461
Why does Garmin use DD-MMM-YY? by [email protected]
Anyone know why Garmin choose to use DD-MMM-YY in their GPS? This shows up on the 60cs's waypoint note field, and on the main menu. This is neither the ISO format, nor the American format. Garmin is an American company so I'd assumed if they want to pick a date format, they might choose the American format, but since technically MMM-DD-YY is kind of strange, the next logical choice would be the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 10th 06 06:58 PM
Error message: The system can't find navigate the software in the Flash by saljar
Hi, Did you ever get your Initial navigation system (GD-70x) to wok. I am now getting the same error message “The System can’t find navigate the software in the flash, …) Thanks, -- saljar
July 10th 06 06:45 PM
by saljar Go to last post
0 204
CS v CN by Doug
The story goes that Garmin is phasing out CS (City Select) and is moving to CN (City Navigator). It is true that CS is still at V7 while CN is now V8 and that even in North Carolina there are new roads that are in CN but not CS. However Garmin continues to package CS V7 with many of their products. This would force me to pay another $100+ to get current maps for a new unit which really...
July 10th 06 03:32 PM
by nathantw Go to last post
5 192
Looking for Ashtech DGPS receivers by aaa
I am looking for replacement units for Ashtech DNS-12 Reference Stations and SCA-12/IM Integrity Monitors for a client who operates a DGPS marine radiobeacon network. Is there anyone out there with a stash of these units that they might be willing to sell? Any operators of marine DGPS radiobeacon networks out who have any leads on where I can find these obsolete units? I've already tried...
July 10th 06 05:19 AM
by aaa Go to last post
0 141
DGPS OEM "out of the box" by [email protected]
Hello, I'm looking for a DGPS OEM, with very high accuracy. I have been looking at Trimble for AgGPS132 . But this is not an OEM. I need a 12-channel receiver with built-in DGPS. I have also been looking to SLX2c. Could you tell me more high quality "built-in" DGPS OEMs ?
July 9th 06 07:39 PM
Geko 301 dead after deleting all waypoints by [email protected]
Dear all, This afternoon I tried to delete all waypoints on my Garmin Geko 301. Unfortunately, my GPS went dead during the operation, and never came alife again. I've tried switching it on, and the welcome screen appears for a fraction of a seconds but then it switches off immediately. I have also tried with new batteries, and also on external power but this didn't help. I've also tried the...
July 9th 06 07:32 PM
Cracking the GPS Galileo Satellite by Marc Brett
See: http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/07/09/050219 Cracking the GPS Galileo Satellite "Newswise is reporting the the encryption in the Galileo GPS signal has been broken. The pseudo random number generator used to obscure the information stored in the Galileo GPS signal has been broken. From the article: 'Members of Cornell's Global Positioning System (GPS) Laboratory have cracked the...
July 9th 06 04:34 PM
by Harrie Go to last post
3 250
Get tracks from Google Earth - how? by Domagoj Malovic
I would like to be able to draw a track in Google Earth and transfer it to my GPS. Is there a way to do it? I know the plus version has the drawing options, but can what you draw on the map be converted into a track to be followed on one's GPS device? Thanks for your wisdom, wish there was a testing period in GE so I could try those options before spending my money. Domi
July 9th 06 11:35 AM
by Nick Hopton Go to last post
1 152
CN7 Install problems by LouW
Hi, I have CN v7 and want to install on a new system. I know there is a way to bypass the test for previous versions, but I have forgotten the secret, and Garmin won't be open until Monday. Can anyone help? thanks, Lou
July 9th 06 05:29 AM
by Jerry M Go to last post
4 233
Lat/Lon to Local Time by Anna
I am writing a program that must calculate local time from latitude/longitude. I realize this is not a trivial undertaking, given the social and political issues of time zones. However, it seems to me that there are programs I've seen that surely must know the algorithm. Table based lookup is highly undesirable but will do if there are no other solutions available. Does anyone know how this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 8th 06 11:52 PM
Dat to ssf conversion by [email protected]
Is it possible to convert a Trimble Dual-Frequency Data File (dat) to the Trimble Standard Storage Format (ssf) file type?
July 8th 06 03:11 PM
OT - BBC NEWS | England | Hampshire | Ordnance Survey staff to strike by Nick
"Staff at the national mapping agency Ordnance Survey are to stage a 24-hour strike in a row over pay. More than 1,000 union members will walk out of the Southampton headquarters, as well as other UK offices, on Tuesday." More at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/5159480.stm -- Nick in Northallerton Also @ www.whelan.me.uk
July 8th 06 10:05 AM
by Dennis Pogson Go to last post
2 149
Garmin i-series storage/capacity? by Mike S.
I'm looking at the Garmin i5 and comparing it to the other models of this series; and am confused about the differences other than type of display. The specs say the i5 comes with a detailed US database pre-loaded; the other models come with a DVD + unlock code, and a 128 MB transflash card. From what I read, the supplied card certainly cannot hold all the data for the continent; perhaps 1-3...
July 8th 06 04:20 AM
by Paul Go to last post
9 237
Garmin protocol spec sample header file? by [email protected]
Where can I find a sample .h file that has all the data types declared in the garmin protocol spec? I don't want to type all that in... ;) Thanks. Raymond
July 7th 06 11:34 PM
by Bruce E. Stemplewski Go to last post
1 124
Anyone recommend a Satnav with TMC ? by dylan
What models would you recommend ? For use in the UK. Cheers
July 7th 06 07:27 PM
by dylan Go to last post
0 132
feet or meter as elevation? by [email protected]
What use to be a philosophical question is now a technical one. I am in the US so my GPS uses feet as elevation by default. But I recently discovered the rather arbitrary topo elevation lines are not arbitrary at all when viewed in meter! 50m, 100m, 150m, etc. They indeed make a lot of sense! So I decided to familiar myself with the meter elevation scale, and set all my GPS/mapsource to meter...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 7th 06 08:56 AM
by Jack Erbes Go to last post
14 364
60csx waypoint symbol question by [email protected]
On the unit, how do I see a description of the waypoint symbol? With so many tiny waypoint symbols, it's hard to make out what's what. The ONLY place I've seen it, is on the waypoint delete menu, it shows all currently used categories. Also, the selection shading is very hard to see under the sun. I have a hard time seeing which one I am actually selecting. Some of the color schemes have reverse...
July 6th 06 11:31 PM
Garmin Customer Service Story by Albert Nurick
Had a problem with the car mount on the Quest; the suction cup didn't stick very well, and fell off within 20 minutes of being attached. I e-mailed Garmin with the problem. Two days later I received a response saying that a replacement car mount was on its way. It showed up, and it works like a champ. No charge. Garmin's customer service is outstanding.
July 6th 06 11:11 PM
by Albert Nurick Go to last post

From The