Navman pin570 or Mio168 by Ian B
Hi, I have been looking into buying a PDA GPS and have narrowed it down to either of the above. I asked the suppliers for some advice and was given the following answers: Don;t know which to choose, NavMan PIN570 or Mio168" ** You are now speaking with Mark Pitt, Buying Advice. **
September 21st 05 06:43 AM
by Ian B Go to last post
3 249
"Indoor" GPS operation by Richard Owlett
I live in a 100+ year old wood frame house with a composite shingle roof. Should I have any significant reception problems? My goal is to investigate 3D errors as a function of time for a fixed location. And YES I may reinvent wheel. But is that not what decades of elementary physics students do every year at college?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 21st 05 03:58 AM
by Richard Owlett Go to last post
21 657
Mapsource & MetroGuides Maps by Harold Muller
I am using Mapsource (ver6.8) with my Legend C and I notice that when I select the Maps in Mapsource, I am not able to tick of the box titled: "Include Route Calculation Data" when I am using: MG North America V6, MG Europe V6 or MG World. I am able to tick off this box in MG CanadaV4 and TOPO Canada. I have attempted to install most of my Garmin/Metroguide software on my D: drive to conserve...
September 20th 05 10:44 PM
by Phil Wheeler Go to last post
3 192
MapSource software version 6.9.0.1 Beta by allory
MapSource software version 6.9.0.1 Beta http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=997 Changes made from version 6.9.0.0 Beta to 6.9.0.1 Beta: * Fixed issue with a fatal error at program startup caused by the previously selected page in MapSource version 6.5 being the GPS page.
September 20th 05 09:23 PM
by sierra Go to last post
1 203
Q - importing SHP file into GPSMapedit - any clue?? by Bob Newheart
Hi all, I finally got my hands on ESRI SHP files for the area I want to map in my Garmin (vista and 60cs). I would like to load a map into the gps using cGpsMapper but first need to prepare a custom one using GPSMapedit. I somewhat expected the process of making a map in Mapedit relatively easy once I got my hands on the ESRI data (SHP) for the area but this turns out not to be the case. I have...
September 20th 05 08:17 PM
by Bob Newheart Go to last post
2 248
NGA GPS STATIONS ADDED TO THE MCS NETWORK CALCULATING BROADCAST EPHEMERIS by Sam Wormley
NGA GPS STATIONS ADDED TO THE MCS NETWORK CALCULATING BROADCAST EPHEMERIS After many years of planning, tracking data from six National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA, formerly the National Imagery and Mapping Agency) GPS monitor stations were recently added to the data from the U.S. Air Force monitor station network to generate the real-time operational orbits for GPS. NGA is feeding its...
September 20th 05 06:38 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 185
NEW STATION IN FORTALEZA (BRFT) TO BE INSTALLED by Sam Wormley
September 19, 2005 NEW STATION IN FORTALEZA (BRFT) TO BE INSTALLED The National Geodetic Survey (NGS) is in the process of installing a new GPS station (BRFT) at Fortaleza, Brazil, to replace the old station (FORT). Data will be reported back in hourly files as well as daily 24-hr files. (We hope to implement real-time data transfer too.) For the hourly files, NGS has tested hourly transfers...
September 20th 05 06:38 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 170
Garmin Summit - stiff buttons, receiver freezing by P.R.Brady
I've just bought a Garmin summit to replace my trusty but dated Garmin 38. First impressions are that acquisition is magic and lightning fast in comparison but the ergonomic are just not as good as the old 38. I have a couple of issues I'd like views on. 1. Those buttons are so difficult to press. It needs a weight of 1.2Kg or 2.5 pounds to operate them compared with the G38 at about 80...
September 20th 05 04:24 PM
by P.R.Brady Go to last post
2 195
TOPO! State Series ver 3.4.3 cannot find maps on hard file by Paul Ferguson
I purchased Top o! North Carolina version 3.4.1. I installed it under XP in C:\Program Files\TOPO! I then copied the state maps to the TPO_Data folder per the FADs. It worked. I then upgraded to version 3.4.3. TOPO! would not find the state maps on my hard file. I went to Preferences and pointed to the folder where they reside, but no luck. I uninstalled all of TOPO! and went back to version...
September 20th 05 01:23 PM
mapsource registry problems by Daniel P. Levesque
Mapsource registry problems ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I've recently installed mapsource trip and waypoint manager v2. When I attempt to open program, I first get the programs intro screen which is interruptec by the following error message: "There is a problem with the mapsource registry. Please re-install mapsource'. Further installation attempts...
September 20th 05 12:36 PM
by Daniel P. Levesque Go to last post
4 240
Problem with 276C using a Goto in an active Route by Pascal
Traditionally, in a sailboat we navigate using pre planed routes, but depending on the weather conditions and other factors, we can skip one or more waypoints in the route sequence, doing a GOTO to the next waypoint within the active route; this works well practically in all Gamin's gps I know and the gps continues changing automatically to the next waypoint within the route, once it has...
September 20th 05 11:51 AM
by Pascal Go to last post
1 222
New Free Downloads by [email protected]
Hello everyone! After few months of hard work, my site with free downloads is finally up and running. I have tried to create a site that goes right to the point and cuts through all of the software downloads. Having read this group for quite a while, it looks like there are a lot of knowledgeable people here, so I'd love to get some feedback about my site if anyone can spare the time. The site is...
September 20th 05 10:54 AM
by Jack Erbes Go to last post
4 223
whatis the diff. GPS marine or Road by Daniel Dupont
Is there only a difference in the map to download or really there is a difference in the GPS unit itself. What should I buy (not expensive) to navigate in florida and the bahamas Thanks
September 20th 05 09:37 AM
by Jon Kåre Hellan Go to last post
2 200
MapSource 6.9.0 Beta by allory
Garmin has posted MapSource software version 6.9.0 Beta. http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=997 Changes made from version 6.8 to 6.9 Beta: * Change to warn users when the beta will expire. This is done in the application's title bar, at startup (this can be silenced), and in the about dialog. * Change to merge data received from a GPS into the current document.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 20th 05 08:48 AM
by sierra Go to last post
24 549
google earth plus by barty98
I AM VERY NEW TO GPS , I AM USING A PHAROS 360 BLUETOOTH UNIT WITH AN IPQAC 4007 CAN I USE GOOGLE EARTH PLUS WITH THIS GEAR OR CAN YOU ONLY USE THE TWO SYSTEM THAT IT MENTIONS ON THE GOOGLE EARTH PLUS WEB PAGE. ALSO COULD ANYONE RECOMMEND ANY SOURCES FOR MAPS OR SOFTWARE.I LIVE IN THE UK BUT I WORK IN VARIOUS COUNTRIES . ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
September 20th 05 04:43 AM
by Richard Ness Go to last post
5 286
GPS for bicycle? by Taka
Hello, Can anbody recommend a GPS for use on a bicycle? At the moment I have a Magellan Meridian Gold with Directroute autorouting but have some problems: - autorouting is very limited. It always seems to calculate the "quickest" driving route and not the shortest route - autorouting seems to be very slow. I suppose because it wasn't designed for this at the outset
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 20th 05 02:02 AM
by skramblr Go to last post
15 454
Magellan DVD MapSend upgrade guides by allory
Magellan has posted Quick Start Guides for MapSend Direct Route v3, MapSend Topo 3D USA v1.5 and MapSend Topo 3D Canada v1.5. http://www.magellangps.com/en/support/products/mapsenddvdna.asp
September 20th 05 01:29 AM
by skramblr Go to last post
2 244
Convert MapSource map to Magellan format? by Anthony
I just got my Magellan SporTrak Color GPS receiver, and I am completely new to GPS. I am trying find a map of Japan to use for my trip to Asia. I could only find the following, which seems to be what I want, except that it is in MapSource (Garmin) format: http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/mametaro/index-e.html 1. How can I view the contained .img files on my Windows PC? 2. Is there a way to...
September 20th 05 01:26 AM
by skramblr Go to last post
2 256
Navigation formulas by Kaimbridge
Default User wrote: I'm not sure if this is the best newsgroup for this question or not, but a Google Groups search didn't turn up any likelier candidates (except for a defunct aviation group). Anyway, I'm doing some stuff that has aircraft flying routes based on waypoints. I have the basic formulas for calculating distances and headings based on latitude and longitude. What I'm...
September 19th 05 11:26 PM
by Default User Go to last post
1 258
movil telephone with GPS by [email protected]
What is the best movil telephone with GPS? zurdo www.geocoder.com.ar
September 19th 05 08:18 PM

From The