MapSource software version 6.9.0.1 Beta by allory
MapSource software version 6.9.0.1 Beta http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=997 Changes made from version 6.9.0.0 Beta to 6.9.0.1 Beta: * Fixed issue with a fatal error at program startup caused by the previously selected page in MapSource version 6.5 being the GPS page.
September 20th 05 10:23 PM
by sierra Go to last post
1 184
Q - importing SHP file into GPSMapedit - any clue?? by Bob Newheart
Hi all, I finally got my hands on ESRI SHP files for the area I want to map in my Garmin (vista and 60cs). I would like to load a map into the gps using cGpsMapper but first need to prepare a custom one using GPSMapedit. I somewhat expected the process of making a map in Mapedit relatively easy once I got my hands on the ESRI data (SHP) for the area but this turns out not to be the case. I have...
September 20th 05 09:17 PM
by Bob Newheart Go to last post
2 198
NGA GPS STATIONS ADDED TO THE MCS NETWORK CALCULATING BROADCAST EPHEMERIS by Sam Wormley
NGA GPS STATIONS ADDED TO THE MCS NETWORK CALCULATING BROADCAST EPHEMERIS After many years of planning, tracking data from six National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA, formerly the National Imagery and Mapping Agency) GPS monitor stations were recently added to the data from the U.S. Air Force monitor station network to generate the real-time operational orbits for GPS. NGA is feeding its...
September 20th 05 07:38 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 172
NEW STATION IN FORTALEZA (BRFT) TO BE INSTALLED by Sam Wormley
September 19, 2005 NEW STATION IN FORTALEZA (BRFT) TO BE INSTALLED The National Geodetic Survey (NGS) is in the process of installing a new GPS station (BRFT) at Fortaleza, Brazil, to replace the old station (FORT). Data will be reported back in hourly files as well as daily 24-hr files. (We hope to implement real-time data transfer too.) For the hourly files, NGS has tested hourly transfers...
September 20th 05 07:38 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 141
Garmin Summit - stiff buttons, receiver freezing by P.R.Brady
I've just bought a Garmin summit to replace my trusty but dated Garmin 38. First impressions are that acquisition is magic and lightning fast in comparison but the ergonomic are just not as good as the old 38. I have a couple of issues I'd like views on. 1. Those buttons are so difficult to press. It needs a weight of 1.2Kg or 2.5 pounds to operate them compared with the G38 at about 80...
September 20th 05 05:24 PM
by P.R.Brady Go to last post
2 171
TOPO! State Series ver 3.4.3 cannot find maps on hard file by Paul Ferguson
I purchased Top o! North Carolina version 3.4.1. I installed it under XP in C:\Program Files\TOPO! I then copied the state maps to the TPO_Data folder per the FADs. It worked. I then upgraded to version 3.4.3. TOPO! would not find the state maps on my hard file. I went to Preferences and pointed to the folder where they reside, but no luck. I uninstalled all of TOPO! and went back to version...
September 20th 05 02:23 PM
mapsource registry problems by Daniel P. Levesque
Mapsource registry problems ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I've recently installed mapsource trip and waypoint manager v2. When I attempt to open program, I first get the programs intro screen which is interruptec by the following error message: "There is a problem with the mapsource registry. Please re-install mapsource'. Further installation attempts...
September 20th 05 01:36 PM
by Daniel P. Levesque Go to last post
4 222
Problem with 276C using a Goto in an active Route by Pascal
Traditionally, in a sailboat we navigate using pre planed routes, but depending on the weather conditions and other factors, we can skip one or more waypoints in the route sequence, doing a GOTO to the next waypoint within the active route; this works well practically in all Gamin's gps I know and the gps continues changing automatically to the next waypoint within the route, once it has...
September 20th 05 12:51 PM
by Pascal Go to last post
1 206
New Free Downloads by [email protected]
Hello everyone! After few months of hard work, my site with free downloads is finally up and running. I have tried to create a site that goes right to the point and cuts through all of the software downloads. Having read this group for quite a while, it looks like there are a lot of knowledgeable people here, so I'd love to get some feedback about my site if anyone can spare the time. The site is...
September 20th 05 11:54 AM
by Jack Erbes Go to last post
4 197
whatis the diff. GPS marine or Road by Daniel Dupont
Is there only a difference in the map to download or really there is a difference in the GPS unit itself. What should I buy (not expensive) to navigate in florida and the bahamas Thanks
September 20th 05 10:37 AM
by Jon Kåre Hellan Go to last post
2 180
MapSource 6.9.0 Beta by allory
Garmin has posted MapSource software version 6.9.0 Beta. http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=997 Changes made from version 6.8 to 6.9 Beta: * Change to warn users when the beta will expire. This is done in the application's title bar, at startup (this can be silenced), and in the about dialog. * Change to merge data received from a GPS into the current document.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 20th 05 09:48 AM
by sierra Go to last post
24 456
google earth plus by barty98
I AM VERY NEW TO GPS , I AM USING A PHAROS 360 BLUETOOTH UNIT WITH AN IPQAC 4007 CAN I USE GOOGLE EARTH PLUS WITH THIS GEAR OR CAN YOU ONLY USE THE TWO SYSTEM THAT IT MENTIONS ON THE GOOGLE EARTH PLUS WEB PAGE. ALSO COULD ANYONE RECOMMEND ANY SOURCES FOR MAPS OR SOFTWARE.I LIVE IN THE UK BUT I WORK IN VARIOUS COUNTRIES . ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
September 20th 05 05:43 AM
by Richard Ness Go to last post
5 255
GPS for bicycle? by Taka
Hello, Can anbody recommend a GPS for use on a bicycle? At the moment I have a Magellan Meridian Gold with Directroute autorouting but have some problems: - autorouting is very limited. It always seems to calculate the "quickest" driving route and not the shortest route - autorouting seems to be very slow. I suppose because it wasn't designed for this at the outset
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 20th 05 03:02 AM
by skramblr Go to last post
15 407
Magellan DVD MapSend upgrade guides by allory
Magellan has posted Quick Start Guides for MapSend Direct Route v3, MapSend Topo 3D USA v1.5 and MapSend Topo 3D Canada v1.5. http://www.magellangps.com/en/support/products/mapsenddvdna.asp
September 20th 05 02:29 AM
by skramblr Go to last post
2 209
Convert MapSource map to Magellan format? by Anthony
I just got my Magellan SporTrak Color GPS receiver, and I am completely new to GPS. I am trying find a map of Japan to use for my trip to Asia. I could only find the following, which seems to be what I want, except that it is in MapSource (Garmin) format: http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/mametaro/index-e.html 1. How can I view the contained .img files on my Windows PC? 2. Is there a way to...
September 20th 05 02:26 AM
by skramblr Go to last post
2 229
Navigation formulas by Kaimbridge
Default User wrote: I'm not sure if this is the best newsgroup for this question or not, but a Google Groups search didn't turn up any likelier candidates (except for a defunct aviation group). Anyway, I'm doing some stuff that has aircraft flying routes based on waypoints. I have the basic formulas for calculating distances and headings based on latitude and longitude. What I'm...
September 20th 05 12:26 AM
by Default User Go to last post
1 243
movil telephone with GPS by [email protected]
What is the best movil telephone with GPS? zurdo www.geocoder.com.ar
September 19th 05 09:18 PM
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2005120 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.nnu? http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.oa1? http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2005120 SUBJ: SVN41 (PRN14) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 262/1038 - JDAY 262/1718 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2005120 NANU DTG: 191718Z SEP 2005 ...
September 19th 05 07:42 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 170
New StreetPilot 5i, mini car navigation GPS by Faffo70
Garmin unveiled Streetpilot i5 the newest member of the i-series StreetPilots a line of small, inexpensive automotive GPS navigators that make driving fun No larger than a baseball and priced affordably, the StreetPilot i-series is destined to be a hit for commuters, college students, and corporate travelers who are looking to experience the ease and enjoyment of GPS satellite navigation for the...
September 19th 05 04:19 PM
by Faffo70 Go to last post
0 226
Looking for MMO 1.00 (MobileMapper Office 1.00) by Anthony
I have been looking everywhere for MMO 1.00 (MobileMapper Office 1.00) by Thales. I could only find some broken links, mainly to nonexistent yahoo groups. Your help will be greatly appreciated! thanks
September 19th 05 02:17 PM

From The