SATELLITE GPS IIR-M1 READY FOR MAY LAUNCH by Sam Wormley
February 10, 2003 SATELLITE GPS IIR-M1 READY FOR MAY LAUNCH Satellite GPS IIR-M1 the most technologically advanced GPS satellite ever developed arrived at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, FL, yesterday where it will be readied for a May launch. For more information read the press releases:
February 12th 05 02:29 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 98
Garmin loses waypoint symbols from MapSource :^( by Charles Gillen
I have a Garmin 2610 (ver. 4.20) and MapSource 6.5 both bought recently. I note that very few of the MapSource waypoint sympols I assign on the PC appear on the 2610. So far the fire hydrant, beer mug and shopping cart symbols survive the transfer. Anybody have a list of the MapSource symbols used by the 2610? -- Anti-Spam address: my last name at his dot com Charles Gillen -- Reston,...
February 12th 05 01:48 AM
by Charles Gillen Go to last post
0 116
Which MapSource? by Kenneth Porter
I mostly motor around Northern California (often in rural and mountain areas), but vacation in other cities (Roanoke, VA this year) and expect to travel some on business. There seem to be several MapSource products for North America, and I don't see an easy way to tell which would be most useful to me. Recommendations?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 05 01:24 AM
by Peter Go to last post
14 291
GPS has basically two functions by Sam Wormley
GPS has basically two functions o Navigation signals o Nuclear detection L1 1575.4200 Civil/Military Frequency L2 1227.6000 Civil/Military Frequency L3 1381.0500 Nuclear Burst Detection L4 1841.4000 Ionospheric correction (proposed) L5 1176.4500 Civil/Military Frequency
February 12th 05 01:16 AM
Wanna Play a Star Trek Game? by RavenCross
Wanna play a Star Trek Game? Wanna meet friends that really wanna be friends? Join the online game community of Spacefed! Join the community & play the game 4 free! No Fees charged - ever! Try it! http://www.spacefed.com/join
February 12th 05 12:53 AM
by RavenCross Go to last post
0 164
Mapsource City Navigator 7? by David
Does anyone know when Garmin will start selling version 7 of Mapsource City Navigator? Thanks in advance, Dave
February 12th 05 12:24 AM
by tvnav.com Go to last post
3 131
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2005019 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.nnu? http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.oa1? http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2005019 SUBJ: SVN30 (PRN30) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 048/1500 - JDAY 049/0300 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTMX NANU NUMBER: 2005019 NANU DTG: 112116Z FEB 2005 REFERENCE...
February 11th 05 11:23 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 90
$PGGGA and NMEA standard by Henryk Birecki
Can anyone tell me how exactly the $GPGGA sentence is defined in NMEA standard. Specifically which altitude is it supposed to report? MSL or height over ellipsoid? Currently there are devices on the market that do both. Garmin and some others reports MSL altitude, SiRF chipset devices - altitude over ellipsoid. Thanks. Henryk Birecki
February 11th 05 10:18 PM
by Hannes Fikis Go to last post
7 212
Advice on GPS purchase please ! by Ed Porter
I am about to purchase my first GPS unit and would appreciate and advice or recommendations. Primary points of note are as follows -: 1. Would be used in aviation (Private Pilot i.e. non-commercial) sense. Mapping feature (of New Zealand) would be desirable, but if this was (a) not available or (b) very expensive, then I would not necessarily need a map feature. 2. Would also use...
February 11th 05 09:10 PM
by rjdennis Go to last post
1 136
Receive GPS signals in backpack / purse ? by Fanatic GPS User
Is there any GPS on sale (type alltigo LT100) which can be used in a backpack/purse/pocket/glove compartment (receiving signals without having an open sky) -- Best regards
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 11th 05 07:15 PM
by Fanatic GPS User Go to last post
24 441
Interfacing a GARMIN GPSMAP 196 to a PC by Lucas
Is it possible to get the gpsmap 196 to show the position o a virtual plane in a PC running a flight simulator that throws NMEA phrases by the serial port? If so, how should the gps be configured?
February 11th 05 06:34 PM
by Lucas Go to last post
2 137
INVEST ONLY 6$ __ GET EXPONETIAL RETURNS by kyle
MAKE EXTRA CASH THE HONEST WAY ON PAYPAL TURN $6 INTO $6000 NOW FULLY AUTOMATED! USING YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT!!!!!! READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE! IT DOES WORK! I promise you that if you follow the directions exactly, that you will start making more money than you thought possible by doing something so easy! Suggestion: READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE CAREFULLY !! Print it out or download it. Follow...
February 11th 05 05:31 PM
by Christian Caron Go to last post
1 39
Question about: Delorme Street Atlas 2005 by [email protected]
Greetings: I've just loaded Delorme SA 2005 onto my laptop and have run into a few snags...and I can't seem to find a users manual on the CD. The first problem occurred when the install program asked me if I wanted to install the database onto my hard-drive. I said yes....and then my computer promptly locked up. I had to force a reboot. The program was successfully installed so I figured, no...
February 11th 05 05:24 PM
TomTom UK by Robin Smith
Anyone on this forum using TomTom Navigator. And do you have any comments and guidance on its use. Thanks
February 11th 05 04:52 PM
by Alan Go to last post
8 170
CF card by Don B
I received my new 2610 yesterday and grabbed a Kingston 512MB card to load the maps on. Everything went normal with Mapsource as far as creating the maps. I popped the card in the 2610 and it wouldn't read it. I called Garmin and the lady told me to try formatting the card. Although I've never had to do this with a CF card before I did what she said. I let it do what came up as the default...
February 11th 05 04:03 PM
by lostparts Go to last post
4 132
Are newer etrex C antennas any better?? by mx125
I have a number of Garmin units and my etrex vista is clearly the least sensitive under any sort of cover (my 60C is the best). I was considering the new Vista C but am hesitant about the patch antenna sensitivity. Does anyone know if Garmin has upgraded/improved the patch antennas in the newer generation of etrex c's??? If so, is there a noticable improvement in observed...
February 11th 05 12:33 PM
by mx125 Go to last post
7 136
MrSid satellite images by ttvnol
(ttvnol) wrote in : I appreciate the group members to help me with my questions: - The Landsat 7 images do not fully cover the earth, especially not cover Vietnam. Is there any indication when MrSID has a worldwide coverage ? People refer to them by different names, but the "Landsat 7 images"
February 11th 05 06:43 AM
by Sebastian 'Wastl' Koopmann Go to last post
2 175
Geofencing algorhythms by Will Chapman
I'm looking for some algorhythms for defining a circular geofence (I've worked out how to do a rectangular geofence) and, more important, how to check whether a known position fits into a given geofence. Any suggestions as to where I might find such formulae? --
February 11th 05 05:25 AM
by Will Chapman Go to last post
6 368
Need some help navigating IGS URLs by [email protected]
And now for a GPS related question: Where do does someone find the antenna phase center position and velocity data files for the IGS sites? Any help appriciated. Tom
February 11th 05 03:28 AM
Sat or Aerial maps of Canadian ( Ontario lakes ) by Scott Marshall
Try www.mapmart.com . They have good collection of Canadian maps. Scott Marshall
February 11th 05 03:01 AM

From The