iPhone GPS receiver by Roving rabbit
My iPhone has a GPS receiver and I'm impressed by its performance. What I like is the fast initialization with the help of the cell phone signal, and the ability to directly plot its data on a moving map that is updated through the cell phone system. After walking around with the iPhone for several months I've been able to find and go anywhere I wanted to go. As usual there are some features...
March 28th 10 07:27 AM
by Roving rabbit Go to last post
0 204
Geocaching by QuantumUniverses
Could someone tell me if Geocaching files have always extension .loc? And.. where can I find its format definition? Thanks in advance, QU
March 27th 10 10:06 AM
by Don B Go to last post
4 202
When is the Garmin nüvi 770 elevation finally accurate (to 15 feet)? by HIPAR
On Mar 26, 8:09*pm, Kat Rabun wrote: On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:55:20 -0400, Alan Browne wrote: 2. If you were changing altitude (hill side), it could be that you were not only subject to masking but multipath as well. * OK. I understand that the earth's "masking" of satellites on the other side are making the elevation accuracy about twice the 15...
March 27th 10 12:21 AM
by HIPAR Go to last post
0 190
SPOT upgrade by [email protected][_2_]
http://www.findmespot.com/upgrade/ Anyone know if it is is really worth bothering to upgrade from the original SPOT to the SPOT2. It just doesn't look like much of an upgrade to me regarding features. And I hate AAA batteries. However, I'm willing to listen to a good argument in favor of the new unit.
March 26th 10 05:03 AM
by [email protected][_2_] Go to last post
4 244
SPOT - ice rescue by Alan Browne
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story/2010/03/25/paulatuk-ice-rescue.html -- gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
March 25th 10 09:49 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
0 160
GLONASS Up to Date and Out of State by Sam Wormley[_2_]
March 23, 2010 FROM THE NEWS GLONASS Up to Date and Out of State BY: ALAN CAMERON GPS World 22 March, 2010 Three GLONASS-M satellites launched on March 1 have been activated on their assigned frequencies
March 23rd 10 06:18 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 223
Tardy, but Twice as Precise -- Block IIF by Sam Wormley[_2_]
March 23, 2010 FROM THE NEWS Tardy, but Twice as Precise BY: WILLIAM MATTHEWS Defense News 22 March, 2010 The U.S. Air Force is preparing for a May launch of the first of a new generation of Global
March 23rd 10 06:15 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 156
Total number of monthly solutions for OPUS-S, OPUS-RS, and OPUS-DBare ,graphically by Sam Wormley[_2_]
March 23, 2010 RECENT OPUS STATISTICS Total number of monthly solutions for OPUS-S, OPUS-RS, and OPUS-DB are graphically displayed at: http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/OPUSI/Plots/OPUS.jpg
March 23rd 10 06:11 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 151
AMOD AGL 3080 GPS receiver for sale - Canada. by Alan Browne
I have bought a marketing test stock (8 units) of these receivers. They are expensive in Canada, so I bought some from a couple sellers in the US to resell here. The prices in the US are attractive, esp. with the strong CAD $, but S&H just about kills every good deal whether on ebay or from online stores. (Free shipping in the US, but to Canada it's $30 or more). Yours for CAD$95 - new,...
March 22nd 10 07:27 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
1 250
Vodafone Closing Wayfinder Systems by Ed M.
http://www.gpsbusinessnews.com/Vodafone-Closes-down-SatNav-Subsidiary-Wayfinder_a2115.html?print=1 "The reason given by Vodafone is that 'since we bought Wayfinder the business model has changed', said Vanessa Curran, a spokesperson for Vodafone, referring to the free Google and Nokia navigation services. Vodafone clearly does not want to invest another penny in a market it believes has no...
March 21st 10 05:01 PM
by Ed M. Go to last post
0 835
A massive "current of fire" on the sun has started running at highspeed by Sam Wormley[_2_]
NASA Science News for March 12, 2010 A massive "current of fire" on the sun has started running at high speed, surprising researchers and challenging some models of the solar cycle. FULL STORY at http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2010/12mar_conveyorbelt.htm?list1371687
March 19th 10 02:26 PM
by [email protected][_2_] Go to last post
1 237
NMEA, latitude and longitude by Nick Hopton[_2_]
It appears that if I set my eTrex H to display Ordnance Survey grid coordinates this causes the instrument to output NMEA latitude and longitude positional data as Ordnance Survey latitude and longitude rather than as WGS84 latitude and longitude. There is a difference of about 110 metres between the two, so this is important. Should this be happening? Any advice or comments would be...
March 18th 10 04:21 PM
by Nick Hopton[_2_] Go to last post
9 363
Will soldering work affect the performance of GPS RFIC by Johnson[_2_]
I am testing a new GPS RFIC with my colleagues. The evolution board falls to the ground and the antenna connector is broken from the PCB. It will take at least a few days to get some new RFIC, and I really don't want the tests to be delayed. Our technician said he could solder a new antenna jack back to the PCB and everything will be fine. However, I am not sure if the soldering work may...
March 17th 10 04:24 PM
by Johnson[_2_] Go to last post
6 459
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2010047 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Ref: http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2010047 SUBJ: SVN23 (PRN32) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 075/2017 - JDAY 076/0400 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2010047 NANU DTG: 170405Z MAR 2010 REFERENCE NANU: 2010046 REF NANU DTG: 112116Z MAR 2010
March 17th 10 12:42 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 243
Does anyone know where to buy a cheap GPS? by Qi Song
Hi, I need a handy GPS for personal usage in the field. Can anyone recommend a brand? or a shop to buy a cheap GPS?
March 17th 10 05:42 AM
StreetPilot 2610 by Steve[_6_]
I need to replace a StreetPilot 2610, trying to determine which current models (Garmin or other mfg) are closest in functionality and user interface. Any ideas? Thanks! -- I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. ....Groucho Marx
March 15th 10 03:39 PM
by Steve[_6_] Go to last post
6 309
GPS vs signs by Steve[_6_]
Does the advent of GPS mean we'll no longer need signs? http://www.slate.com/id/2246108 -- One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and a clever thing to say.
March 13th 10 08:57 PM
by John Tserkezis Go to last post
4 445
Einstein's Biggest Blunder - - Wasn't?? by Sam Wormley[_2_]
On 3/6/10 4:29 PM, fitz wrote: Einstein's Biggest Blunder - - Wasn't?? a bit more light about it (click link) http://www.amperefitz.com/einsteins.blunder.htm Enjoy,
March 13th 10 12:37 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 421
sped up the Earth’s rotation and tipped the planet’s axis by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Earth knocked for a loop Chile’s February 27 temblor, tectonically linked to another giant quake 50 years ago, sped up the Earth’s rotation and tipped the planet’s axis. http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/56903/title/Earth_knocked_for_a_loop_
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 12th 10 09:02 PM
by Mike Coon[_2_] Go to last post
41 1,186
looking for a high performance portable antenna by Johnson[_2_]
I am using the u-blox ANN-MS antenna for test. http://www.u-blox.com/en/gps-antennas/gps-antennas/ann-ms.html •Built-in low noise amplifier with 27 dB gain and 1.5 dB noise figure However, I am not very satisfied with its performance. I would like to go for an antenna with higher gain, less noise figure, and better not too big. Could anybody please recommend me one? Thank you.
March 12th 10 04:43 PM
by Johnson[_2_] Go to last post

From The