Belkin GPS Bluetooth wrong date and time by L. Borne
Got the Belkin gps bluetooth and it works great along with my Ipaq for giving me directions, etc. But the dislayed date and time are wrong - by several years. Is there a way to upgrade firmware via bluetooth? Help. Thanks
November 13th 04 01:44 AM
by L. Borne Go to last post
2 155
Filtering Tracks to Reduce Points by C. Bailey
I have a Garmin GPS. I am wondering if there are any good utilities for filtering track points? This is what I am trying to do - I have numerous bush roads recorded as tracks. I want to combine them as a single track because there are currently more tracks than my GPS can hold. To do this, I need to reduce the number of points in each track. Mapsource has some filter utilities, but they seem...
November 13th 04 01:36 AM
by Fred Hiltz Go to last post
2 222
Auxillary Antenna For Garmin 60C by Dave Patton
Chap ***@*****.*** wrote in : I need an external antenna to stash in my hat while walking/hiking...can someone make a reccommendation? You might want to take a look at PC-Mobile's offerings. I have their re-radiating antenna: http://pc-mobile.net/gpsant.htm http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/gpsant.htm
November 13th 04 12:45 AM
by Roy Go to last post
5 145
Talking mapping program? by Ken_B
I've seen upscale cars advertised with a built-in GPS which can verbalize directions, like "Turn right at Elm Street" and so forth. Is there a program that can be loaded into a laptop that will to the same thing?
November 12th 04 11:42 PM
by Ken_B Go to last post
9 199
Can't remember. by Gus
Hello, I had a computer crash and had to rebuild it. However, I had a program from Garmin that allowed one to place custom waypoint icons in the gps along with the ability to do a print screen. I can't remember what the program was, so can anyone help? Thanks
November 12th 04 11:01 PM
by Gus Go to last post
2 128
OnStar Died by Earthlink
I recently bought a 2001 Chevy Blazer and it came with OnStar. I activated it and OnStar was working great. Then, I replaced my headunit with a Sony aftermarket unit only to discover that OnStar needs the stock headunit. So, I reinstalled the stock headunit and OnStar still does not work. It's as if it is not getting any power. The buttons on the mirror do nothing and the OnStar...
November 12th 04 09:37 PM
by ChicagoDave Go to last post
4 154
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004120 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.nnu? http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.oa1? http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004120 SUBJ: SVN32 (PRN01) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 323/1630 - JDAY 324/1630 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2004120 NANU DTG: 121810Z NOV 2004 REFERENCE...
November 12th 04 07:15 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 99
Legend C - Current Draw by Len C
I'm trying to find the current draw on my Legend C to see if I can safely hardwire it to my off road motorcycle (12-14v) without the use of the lighter adapter. The Legend C manual (Rev A) indicates that it can handle 36 VDC from external power; however, in (Rev B) of the manual external power is not listed as an option. It looks to me like they originally designed the unit to handle a direct 12v...
November 12th 04 04:04 PM
by Norbert Cudd Go to last post
2 153
Garmin 3 and laptop? by Greenman
Can you connect a Garmin 3 and a laptop that would show your position on a third party map on the laptop in real time?
November 12th 04 03:14 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
2 96
Planning routes on computer by John
I find it easier to edit routes on the computer then on the GPS. I have noticed when I edit a computer calculated route, that is not exactly the route I would like to take, and then download it to the GPS it will not announce the edited turns. It shows the correct route on the screen but does not announce the edited turns or give the correct distance to the next turn. If I leave the GPS...
November 12th 04 02:10 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
8 157
Sony Ericsson P910 by Fanatic GPS User
Hi to all, Can I install Tom Tom 3 into a Sony Ericsson P910 Symbian OS ? -- Best regards
November 12th 04 12:50 PM
by Fanatic GPS User Go to last post
0 107
Pioneer AVIC 505 Password by Fred
Hello, I've sold my Pioneer AVIC 505 in-car sat nav and the new user has entered a new voice password. But for some reason when he tried to log-in he either forgot his password or didn't said it right so after three times the system is blocked. I asked Pioneer about his and they said they are willing to unblock it but it's going to cost me money. So I was wondering does anyone knows how to...
November 12th 04 09:13 AM
by Fred Go to last post
0 177
lat lon of Palestinian Authority Headquarters by Ted
Did you ever wonder where Yasser Arafat lived? 31°54'18"N 35°11'57"E According to this web site: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/palestine/ramallah-imagery.htm
November 12th 04 05:33 AM
by Ted Go to last post
0 117
"Black Boxes" (EDR) for Vehicles by Robbie
The NHTSA is proposing mandatory electronic data recorders for all new vehicles along the lines of aircraft "black boxes". The initial proposal mentions only the monitoring of vehicle parameters although it does talk about emergency medical services. Inclusion of GPS tracking and front seat "cockpit" conversations could be part of the overall plan. Many such systems are already installed....
November 12th 04 04:17 AM
by Bob Kegel Go to last post
4 189
26x0 screen possibilities ?? by phk
I use a Garmin 2610. When looking at the map screen I get various information like speed, direction and directions, time, altitude and so on. It takes up about half of the screen. But is it really true that the line holding information about the altitude only can take up about 1/4 of the screen width? No further information possible on that line?? Surely it must be a mistake from Garmin´s side...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 12th 04 04:06 AM
by phk Go to last post
11 242
Foretrex 201 question by Dana
Hello. I'm having a little trouble finding what I need, and wish to seek advice here. I have the Foretrex 201, and wish to remove the wrist band from the unit. Garmin recommends using a "jeweler's band pin removing tool." (page 4 in manual) Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these? I live in the U.S. I also have a Forerunner 201, so this tool will be helpful.
November 12th 04 03:57 AM
by Dana Go to last post
6 194
Current GPS Satellite Data -- Document last modified Wednesday, by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://earth-info.nima.mil/GandG/sathtml/satinfo.html http://earth-info.nima.mil/GandG/sathtml/gpsdoc2002.01.txt U N C L A S S I F I E D A B C D E F +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+ 1 | 09/39 | 16/56 | 06/36 | 24/24 | 20/51 | 14/41 | | | | | 02/61 | | | ...
November 12th 04 12:40 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
1 103
New Release, Earth Explorer 3.0 by Michal Tina
1km resolution earth globe on your desktop. Major Features: 1. 3D global view with 1km resolution satellite imagery and shaded relif DEM (digital elevation model) imagery convered entire earth; 2. Inlucding 267 countries and regions, 40000+ cities, 15000+ islands, 1700+ noteworthy historical earthquakes and vector layers including political boundaries, coastlines, rivers, longitude-latitude...
November 12th 04 12:33 AM
by Michal Tina Go to last post
0 90
Coastal Navigational Charts by Plateaux
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a free source of coastal navigational charts, digital, paper or otherwise. Thanks in advance
November 11th 04 07:23 PM
by rwwff Go to last post
5 143
Auxillary Antenna For Garmin 60C by Fred Hiltz
Chap wrote: I need an external antenna to stash in my hat while walking/hiking...can someone make a reccommendation? There must be something reliable available beside Garmin's, which are horribly expensive. I'll join the chorus for Gilsson. Mine works beautifully in an elastic loop sewn on top of my hat. --
November 11th 04 05:44 PM
by Fred Hiltz Go to last post

From The