City Select Europe vs. City Navigator Europe by Stephanie
I don't really seem to understand the major differences. What are they, besides the price and the file sizes? I had read somewhere about hidden maps what's that all about? Can some please explain it to me in non-technical terms. thanks
November 13th 04 08:10 AM
by Robert Elsinga =8-) Go to last post
3 168
Digital TV Descrambler by Rare Products
Get Over 600 Digital Television Stations (everything!) Over 200 Digital Radio Stations (all categories) Over 40 Pay-Per-View Movies FREE! HBO/Cinemax/Showtime/Starz, etc. FREE! Seven XXX-Adult Channels FREE! Boxing/Football/Soccer/Baseball/Basketball - ALL Sports Packages FREE! Receive Home-Town Local Stations from 4 Time Zones No Monthly Subscription Charges! No Service Contracts of ANY...
November 13th 04 02:21 AM
by Gymmy Bob Go to last post
3 174
AURORA ALERT: If it's dark where you live, look for auroras now by Sam Wormley
See: http://spaceweather.com/ AURORA ALERT: If it's dark where you live, look for auroras now. A geomagnetic storm, sparked by two coronal mass ejections hitting Earth's magnetic field today, is in progress and intensifying. Stay tuned for updates. Monitor: http://www.edu-observatory.org/eo/aurora.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 13th 04 01:29 AM
by Mike Fields Go to last post
10 439
Belkin GPS Bluetooth wrong date and time by L. Borne
Got the Belkin gps bluetooth and it works great along with my Ipaq for giving me directions, etc. But the dislayed date and time are wrong - by several years. Is there a way to upgrade firmware via bluetooth? Help. Thanks
November 13th 04 12:44 AM
by L. Borne Go to last post
2 170
Filtering Tracks to Reduce Points by C. Bailey
I have a Garmin GPS. I am wondering if there are any good utilities for filtering track points? This is what I am trying to do - I have numerous bush roads recorded as tracks. I want to combine them as a single track because there are currently more tracks than my GPS can hold. To do this, I need to reduce the number of points in each track. Mapsource has some filter utilities, but they seem...
November 13th 04 12:36 AM
by Fred Hiltz Go to last post
2 247
Auxillary Antenna For Garmin 60C by Dave Patton
Chap ***@*****.*** wrote in : I need an external antenna to stash in my hat while walking/hiking...can someone make a reccommendation? You might want to take a look at PC-Mobile's offerings. I have their re-radiating antenna: http://pc-mobile.net/gpsant.htm http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/gpsant.htm
November 12th 04 11:45 PM
by Roy Go to last post
5 169
Talking mapping program? by Ken_B
I've seen upscale cars advertised with a built-in GPS which can verbalize directions, like "Turn right at Elm Street" and so forth. Is there a program that can be loaded into a laptop that will to the same thing?
November 12th 04 10:42 PM
by Ken_B Go to last post
9 228
Can't remember. by Gus
Hello, I had a computer crash and had to rebuild it. However, I had a program from Garmin that allowed one to place custom waypoint icons in the gps along with the ability to do a print screen. I can't remember what the program was, so can anyone help? Thanks
November 12th 04 10:01 PM
by Gus Go to last post
2 144
OnStar Died by Earthlink
I recently bought a 2001 Chevy Blazer and it came with OnStar. I activated it and OnStar was working great. Then, I replaced my headunit with a Sony aftermarket unit only to discover that OnStar needs the stock headunit. So, I reinstalled the stock headunit and OnStar still does not work. It's as if it is not getting any power. The buttons on the mirror do nothing and the OnStar...
November 12th 04 08:37 PM
by ChicagoDave Go to last post
4 202
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004120 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.nnu? http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.oa1? http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004120 SUBJ: SVN32 (PRN01) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 323/1630 - JDAY 324/1630 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2004120 NANU DTG: 121810Z NOV 2004 REFERENCE...
November 12th 04 06:15 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 116
Legend C - Current Draw by Len C
I'm trying to find the current draw on my Legend C to see if I can safely hardwire it to my off road motorcycle (12-14v) without the use of the lighter adapter. The Legend C manual (Rev A) indicates that it can handle 36 VDC from external power; however, in (Rev B) of the manual external power is not listed as an option. It looks to me like they originally designed the unit to handle a direct 12v...
November 12th 04 03:04 PM
by Norbert Cudd Go to last post
2 184
Garmin 3 and laptop? by Greenman
Can you connect a Garmin 3 and a laptop that would show your position on a third party map on the laptop in real time?
November 12th 04 02:14 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
2 107
Planning routes on computer by John
I find it easier to edit routes on the computer then on the GPS. I have noticed when I edit a computer calculated route, that is not exactly the route I would like to take, and then download it to the GPS it will not announce the edited turns. It shows the correct route on the screen but does not announce the edited turns or give the correct distance to the next turn. If I leave the GPS...
November 12th 04 01:10 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
8 181
Sony Ericsson P910 by Fanatic GPS User
Hi to all, Can I install Tom Tom 3 into a Sony Ericsson P910 Symbian OS ? -- Best regards
November 12th 04 11:50 AM
by Fanatic GPS User Go to last post
0 121
Pioneer AVIC 505 Password by Fred
Hello, I've sold my Pioneer AVIC 505 in-car sat nav and the new user has entered a new voice password. But for some reason when he tried to log-in he either forgot his password or didn't said it right so after three times the system is blocked. I asked Pioneer about his and they said they are willing to unblock it but it's going to cost me money. So I was wondering does anyone knows how to...
November 12th 04 08:13 AM
by Fred Go to last post
0 190
lat lon of Palestinian Authority Headquarters by Ted
Did you ever wonder where Yasser Arafat lived? 31°54'18"N 35°11'57"E According to this web site: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/palestine/ramallah-imagery.htm
November 12th 04 04:33 AM
by Ted Go to last post
0 129
"Black Boxes" (EDR) for Vehicles by Robbie
The NHTSA is proposing mandatory electronic data recorders for all new vehicles along the lines of aircraft "black boxes". The initial proposal mentions only the monitoring of vehicle parameters although it does talk about emergency medical services. Inclusion of GPS tracking and front seat "cockpit" conversations could be part of the overall plan. Many such systems are already installed....
November 12th 04 03:17 AM
by Bob Kegel Go to last post
4 223
26x0 screen possibilities ?? by phk
I use a Garmin 2610. When looking at the map screen I get various information like speed, direction and directions, time, altitude and so on. It takes up about half of the screen. But is it really true that the line holding information about the altitude only can take up about 1/4 of the screen width? No further information possible on that line?? Surely it must be a mistake from Garmin´s side...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 12th 04 03:06 AM
by phk Go to last post
11 275
Foretrex 201 question by Dana
Hello. I'm having a little trouble finding what I need, and wish to seek advice here. I have the Foretrex 201, and wish to remove the wrist band from the unit. Garmin recommends using a "jeweler's band pin removing tool." (page 4 in manual) Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these? I live in the U.S. I also have a Forerunner 201, so this tool will be helpful.
November 12th 04 02:57 AM
by Dana Go to last post
6 228
Current GPS Satellite Data -- Document last modified Wednesday, by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://earth-info.nima.mil/GandG/sathtml/satinfo.html http://earth-info.nima.mil/GandG/sathtml/gpsdoc2002.01.txt U N C L A S S I F I E D A B C D E F +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+ 1 | 09/39 | 16/56 | 06/36 | 24/24 | 20/51 | 14/41 | | | | | 02/61 | | | ...
November 11th 04 11:40 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post

From The