SPOT II GPS Chip? by Pegleg[_2_]
Anyone know what gps chip is being used in the new Spot IIs? I know they have all been recalled due to performance problems but don't know if it was due to general unit performance or gps chip sensitivity. Supposedly the II was using a newer chip. Tx, Brian
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 10 11:33 AM
by claudegps Go to last post
15 723
MTK2 usb GPS's? by Wolfgang S. Rupprecht[_10_]
It has been a while since I made the rounds looking at the state of the art GPS chips. At first glance, it looks like the MTK2 might be the most interesting chip out there in terms of sensitivity and the spare CPU time to track a large number of GPS satellites. While I have been able to find a large number of google hits for folks getting excited about this chip, I can't find all that many...
January 5th 10 02:52 PM
by claudegps Go to last post
3 378
What to do with 4 Digital Satellite Receivers (forclosed home came with them) by Donna DeLong
On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 17:54:50 -0500, aemeijers wrote: Some people replace their satt or cable with a Netflix subscription, and being perfectly happy. I think the answer is as follows based on a summary of what I've learned. 1. The 4 satellite boxes are fundamentally useless for my needs 2. The 2 satellite dishes are also basically just as useless for me 3. What is useful is the existing...
January 5th 10 07:04 AM
by Donna DeLong Go to last post
0 252
GIOVE-A Marks Four Years In Orbit Testing Europe's GPS Galileo Platform by Sam Wormley[_2_]
GIOVE-A Marks Four Years In Orbit Testing Europe's GPS Galileo Platform http://www.gpsdaily.com/reports/GIOVE_A_Marks_Four_Years_In_Orbit_Testing_Europes_GPS_Galileo_Platform_999.html by Staff Writers Guildford, UK (SPX) Dec 28, 2009 Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd (SSTL) is today celebrating the 4th anniversary of the launch of its historic GIOVE-A satellite - the first step in Europe's...
January 4th 10 12:47 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 233
gps navagation by len fink
I am interested in a gps navagation unit for use in Panama and costa rica area, not sure which unit would be of most benefit. any suggestions would be helpful. thank you
January 3rd 10 06:24 PM
by len fink Go to last post
0 222
Lost Couple Can't Blame GPS, Air Force Says by HIPAR
A couple lost in the snow shouldn't blame GPS for their debacle. http://www.space.com/news/091230-airforce-gps.html --- CHAS
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 2nd 10 10:33 PM
by Rick Go to last post
18 907
How do I install the update for my 2720 maps to my computer by Choco[_2_]
Hi, I have updated my 2720 via my laptop. Now I want to install the updated maps to my desktop. I have the file, but when I try to install it, it wants to update the 2720 which takes quite a long time. Is there anyway to just update MapSource data on my desktop? Thanks, Choco
December 30th 09 03:20 PM
by Choco[_2_] Go to last post
3 327
Outlandish Particle Periodic Table update IX by Tony Lance
Big Bertha Thing outlandish OUTLANDISH PARTICLE PERIODIC TABLE By Tony Lance Dip.Math(Open) 19th December 2009 Update IX from http://www.tonylance.talktalk.net/structur.html .510998902 1.0D-09 1 1 80305 1 3224486665 1.0 SLC For full table see link:-
December 26th 09 12:50 PM
by Tony Lance Go to last post
0 298
C/A Code generator in C or C++ by Johnson[_2_]
Is there any open-source GPS C/A code generator written in C or C++? I have one in MATLAB already. Thanks. John
December 23rd 09 03:53 PM
by Johnson[_2_] Go to last post
2 382
Broadcast Almanac-Changes by HIPAR
Subsequent to decommissioning, PRN25 has been removed from the broadcast almanac. PRN24 has been introduced but it's set unusable. If PRN24 is returned to usability, the constellation will still consist of 30 usable satellites. PRN24 was launched on the 4th of July way back in 1991. As a trivial aside, On July 19, 1991 Brett Favre signed with Atlanta. Somehow the GPS operators keep things...
December 22nd 09 02:48 PM
by HIPAR Go to last post
0 256
Which version GPS satellite is this? by Alan Browne
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/GPS_Washington_Smithsonian_Dulles_Annex.jpg
December 21st 09 11:44 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
2 357
GNSS Receiver Shipments to Exceed 500 Million in 2010 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
GNSS Receiver Shipments to Exceed 500 Million in 2010 http://www.gpsworld.com/gps/news/gnss-receiver-shipments-exceed-500-million-2010-9311?print=1 December 18, 2009 According to ABI Research, GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) technology is gaining momentum across a wide range of segments and applications such as navigation, telematics, person tracking, fitness, and high precision...
December 18th 09 10:27 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 307
GLONASS' Heroic Catch-up Effort an Inspiration for Manufacturers by Sam Wormley[_2_]
GLONASS' Heroic Catch-up Effort an Inspiration for Manufacturers December 16, 2009 http://www.gpsworld.com/gnss-system/glonass-heroic-catch-effort-inspiration-manufacturers-9290?print=1 By: Alan Cameron GNSS Design & Test Newsletter, December 2009 Although falling short of its goal of global service — read 24 operating satellites on orbit — in the near term, GLONASS’s heroic catch-up...
December 17th 09 02:01 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 295
PC to car navigator integration by Alan Browne
On a variety of destinations this past fall, I found setting the optimum route on my TomTom (aka: the G-D piece of crap). Editing on its small screen was a pain. What I'd really like: 1. Use a computer program, or Google Maps or Earth to do the detail route planning. 2. DL that to the in-car navigator with a USB drive or by WiFi. (Eg:
December 14th 09 07:53 PM
by Wayne R. Go to last post
5 418
As Loran Fades, Attention Shifts to DGPS and SBAS by Alan Browne
On 09-12-03 13:37 , Sam Wormley wrote: As Loran Fades, Attention Shifts to DGPS and SBAS http://www.gpsworld.com/survey/as-loran-fades-attention-shifts-dgps-and-sbas-9181?print=1 December 2, 2009 By: Eric Gakstatter Few precise-positioning users have employed Loran in a professional sense, although maybe you have in your personal life if you’re a airplane pilot or a mariner....
December 13th 09 11:11 PM
by frijoli[_2_] Go to last post
2 401
FA: GPS receivers and Video text overlay units by Steve Firth
Simon Blake wrote: FYI newbies if you don't want to see messages like this add the FA: tag to your killfile. It's more productive than disapproving followups. How about you stop spamming your crap instead, newbie?
December 11th 09 01:19 PM
by Steve Firth Go to last post
0 250
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ GIRLS SCOUTS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ by Jarred Crowe
.. ~~~***~~~ ================================================== ================================================== click here to enter: http://web-for-you.cn/3/girls-scouts ==================================================
December 11th 09 12:21 PM
by Jarred Crowe Go to last post
0 308
Win Free DeLorme Street Atlas 2010 with Earthmate USB GPS LT-40 by Marvin Hlavac
The DeLorme Street Atlas giveaway just started: http://blog.delorme.com/2009/12/09/win-free-delorme-street-atlas-2010-with-earthmate-gps-lt-40/ It will end December 17, 2009. -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
December 11th 09 09:58 AM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 164
Win Free Microsoft Streets and Trips 2010 with GPS Locator by Marvin Hlavac
The Streets & Trips give-away just started: http://streetsandtrips.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!FDEF586E035CD203!1808.entry It will end December 17, 2009. -- Marvin Hlavac Laptop GPS World www.laptopgpsworld.com
December 11th 09 09:48 AM
by Marvin Hlavac Go to last post
0 179
Nokia 2710 Navigation Edition by jenneylist
Nokia 2710 Navigation Edition http://www.techespot.com/2009/12/nokia-2710-navigation-edition.html
December 10th 09 08:03 AM
by jenneylist Go to last post

From The