Including ESRI files in polish files for MapCenter by Anthony DeLorenzo
Hi, I'm creating a map to compile on-line using the MapCenter service, which is based on cGPSMApper / polish format. I have ESRI shape files, but since it is considered an advanced feature I can't find any public documentation on how to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction? Please cc to my e-mail.
August 26th 04 02:46 PM
by Klimkr Go to last post
1 109
Safely removing old Mapsource databases??? by Chuck
I have upgraded my Mapsource from North America v5 to v6. The v6 upgrade installation program does not remove the old v5 data, which weighs in at about 1GB. I am VERY leery about using the Mapsource NACS v5 installation wizard or Control Panel to remove NACS v5, because I fear it would stupidly remove components from the upgraded Mapsource installation too. Then I would have to start all over...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 26th 04 02:22 PM
by Dave M Go to last post
13 331
Palm keeps trying to HotSync over Direct Serial when connected to GPS by Jeremy Werner
I just bought a Garmin 76S (from gpsnow), a used Palm IIIxe w/ modem package (from ebay), and this https://www.bluehillsinnovations.com/store/index.php?action=item&id=10&prevaction=category&previd=3&prevstart=0 ] custom 4-pin - Palm III cable (from blue hills innovations) built using a pfranc connector. I've tried a bunch of NEMA gathering apps including one I wrote, and NEMA Monitor, and I...
August 26th 04 09:34 AM
by Erwin Schomburg Go to last post
1 192
HELP Plz... between Meridian Color & Garmin 60cs by Larry
Any opinions on these. tia
August 26th 04 12:06 AM
by PETERWOJ Go to last post
1 133
Plain vanilla StreetPilot question by Bob Gardner
My brother-in-law has my old monochrome SP and has forgotten how to get altitude onto the display. Anyone out there remember how to do it? On my SPIII, altitude involves pulling off the road and pushing a lot of buttons...on the old SP I could keep it in view at all times. -- I'm Bob Gardner and I approved this message.
August 25th 04 08:59 PM
by Bob Gardner Go to last post
0 122
Garmin eTrex Vista Vs. Magellan SporTrak Topo by Todd Roberson
I am looking to buy my first GPS unit and I have been doing some research and I have narrowed it down to the Garmin eTrax Vista and the Magellan SporTrak Topo. I would like to use it for hunting and hiking but would also like to use it in my car when I travel, but I would like to spend less than $300. I know that the SporTraks have a better antenna and alot of Topo memory built in, but I've...
August 25th 04 07:47 PM
by John Navas Go to last post
1 142
Quest or SP3 Deluxe by Mark
Are there any comparison reviews? Is the Quest the replacement for the SP3? Thanks, Mark
August 25th 04 07:15 PM
by Aspid Go to last post
1 142
Any APRS and Ozi users out there? by Ray
Hi all, If anyone's interested, I wrote a small VB program which takes either internet APRS data or audio data from a 2-meter receiver on 144.390MHz and plots the track on OziExplorer. I'd be intersted in giving a copy to a couple of people to try out (sort of beta testing, but I don't want to have piles of people contacting me as it's in a pretty early stage of development right...
August 25th 04 06:18 PM
by whereami Go to last post
4 281
Europe - MetroGuide 5 v CitySelect 6 by [email protected]
Hans-Georg Michna wrote: But all this information was knowable before you bought the stuff. I think you should not buy something, then complain that it isn't exactly what you wanted. For example, I learned about the devices and quickly decided that the Garmin GPSMAP 60C and the Garmin GPSMAP 60CS don't have enough map memory for my purposes, so I bought a Garmin GPSMAP 76C instead....
August 25th 04 05:29 PM
by Seagull Go to last post
1 146
How to route to a stored address (iQue 3600) by Robert A
With the iQue 3600, how do you route to an address saved in your address book? If you click on the "route to" icon, you are not presented with the option to select a stored address. You can only select stored waypoints, or manually type in a new address. Robert A
August 25th 04 05:28 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
8 180
City Nav 6 (USA) --It worked today--Hooray !! by [email protected]
Re-installed City Nv 5 and City Nav 6 this AM. Ran the Unlock Wizard with the code Garmin had already generated (Yesterday) for me and it worked. Got all City Nav 6 maps downloaded to the 2GB CF card I use in my SP2610 (and the maps are unlocked) Hooray!! I was even able to generate a 2nd unlock code for City Nav 6 to use on my SP3 (wife uses it now) and it also worked!!
August 25th 04 05:17 PM
TK / FS: GPSMap 60C - incl. BlueChart 6.5 & CitySelect 6.0 by The Boss
For sale Te koop http://boten.2dehands.be/markt/vaar_overig/apparatuuronderdelen/6390687.html?q=60C GPS Garmin GPSmap 60C Europe (www.garmin.com) inclusief : BlueChart 6.5 atlantic volledig unlocked Inclusief City Select 6.0 Europe & car kit. Nog garantie tot maart 05
August 25th 04 03:20 PM
by The Boss Go to last post
0 133
Te Koop / FS: GPSMap 60C incl. BlueChart 6.5 & CitySelect 6.0 by The Boss
For sale Te koop http://www.2dehands.be/bekijk.html?nr=6390687&ses=xE5R2Nqo3tyQd6b GPS Garmin GPSmap 60C (www.garmin.com) inclusief : BlueChart 6.5 atlantic volledig unlocked
August 25th 04 03:17 PM
by The Boss Go to last post
0 159
Basemap: Americas Recreational oe Americas Autoroute. Which one? 60cs or 76cs by Bob
I am looking at the Garmin 60cs & the 76cs. I will also purchase the North American City Select cd. Which one of the base maps has the better detail for driving? This is my first GPS. I have looked at the 2620 nice but a little more than I want to spend so I have narrowed down to these 2. The 76 looks like it may be a little awkward with the display on top and buttons below. Any nfo or...
August 25th 04 02:41 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
1 162
PDA Mount by johnnie scott
Anyone used a brodit mount in a Picasso If would like some advise Thanks JOHN
August 25th 04 02:25 PM
by johnnie scott Go to last post
0 168
Rechargeable Batteries - Off topic to some degree by C. Bailey
I am using Energizer 2200 mAh in my GPS. I am very pleased with how long the batteries last relative to alkalines. Based on my experience with these double AA's, I forked out a bunch of money buying C and D cells to replace alkaline batteries in a baby swing, and a kids toy piano. Alkaline batteries used to last several months in these applications. I was aware of the discharge...
August 25th 04 01:12 PM
by Pierre Go to last post
8 287
MapSource file conversion tools by Hans-Georg Michna
Are there any tools that can convert track files from one of the MapSource formats into some other format, particularly an Excel-readable text format or the OziExplorer format? The background is that I would like to a) make a track collection searchable by area, and b) display tracks on raster maps, which OziExplorer can do. It can be done file by file through the MapSource Export
August 25th 04 12:47 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
7 227
Mapsource map modification by Denis Lambert
Hi I live on new road (4-5 years old) that is not appearing on my Metroguide Canada V4. I would like to have this road mapped. I do not how long I will have to wait until they will make it appear! Does anybody did tried to modify a Mapsource map in order to make it more up to date ? Are there any hints on doing that ? Thanks
August 25th 04 12:40 PM
by Denis Lambert Go to last post
0 137
Garmin Rino Color? by Guardian
Hello, just curious if anyone has heard of a Color Garmin Rino possible coming down anytime soon? Seems like the 60CS series are already in the rino style case, I would love to have an all-in-one unit that would replace my 130. Thanks G
August 25th 04 03:15 AM
by Guardian Go to last post
0 152
DGPS Tutorial by Trimble Navigation Ltd (time for a reveiw) by Sam Wormley
DGPS Tutorial by Trimble Navigation Ltd (time for a reveiw) http://www.trimble.com/gps/dgps.html
August 25th 04 02:40 AM
by John Bonde Go to last post

From The