Manual for Micrologic "Sportsman" by Reinhard Zwirner
Hi, does anyone of you know a source where I can get or download (= preferred) this manual? TIA, Reinhard
August 21st 04 02:30 PM
by Reinhard Zwirner Go to last post
0 344
Chrysler 300 factory GPS questions by Brad Robertson
I recently purchased a new Chrysler 2005 300 Limited with the factory GPS system. I am fairly computer savvy and am interested to know the technical specs on the GPS unit. I think the unit is made by Alpine. And the DVD navigation map program by Navtec in Chicago. I would like to know what CPU the GPS unit uses and how much ram memory is in the unit. Also how often is a updated DVD map program...
August 21st 04 01:11 PM
by DubDub001 Go to last post
3 150
copilot 7 by Sam
Has anyone had experience with the ALK Travroute co-pilot 7 gps that is loaded onto a laptop. I want to mount it in my RV because of the large screen. The system has voice and can be tracked from any computer if you are connected by cell phone to the tracking system at no additional charge.
August 21st 04 12:21 PM
by Jim Kelly Go to last post
1 147
Zagats + Garmin 3600 by Robert A
Has anyone bought the Zagats guide for their 3600? Does it integrate with the mapping software or the GPS?
August 21st 04 01:02 AM
by Robert A Go to last post
0 117
NEW STATIONS and COOPERATIVE CORS SITES by Sam Wormley
August 20, 2004 FOUR NEW STATIONS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE NATIONAL CORS NETWORK. Coordinate information, logfiles, and RINEX2 data is now available for the following National CORS sites. BIGR (Big Rapids, MI) BRCH (Tymouth, MI) CHSN (Chesaning, MI)
August 20th 04 09:59 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 115
Garmin Quest Review? by Tu* Houston
I searched in vain for a review/critique for the new Garmin Quest. I thought that Garmin usually sent out evaluation units for reviews before making new products available to the general public. Did the stop doing that? Anyway, if you know of any review for this product, please let me know. Thanks.
August 20th 04 03:40 PM
by Tu* Houston Go to last post
0 125
GPS ANTENNA FOR TRIMBLE LASSEN SQ by Bill Porter
Would anyone out there know of a mobile rooftop (not magnetic) GPS antenna that would work with the Trimble Lassen SQ GPS module? Trimble only offers one outside antenna that they have tested and know works with this module and it's a magnetic mount type. Our application is on police vehicles and they prefer a direct mount antenna. We have researched available antennas and like the Larsen...
August 20th 04 12:11 PM
by Peter G Go to last post
4 180
Best GPS for Motorcycle Trailriding? by CB
Hi all Please forgive if this is a repeat - I have done a search to see if I can find a relevant thread, but not managed to find anything. I am based in the UK and am looking to buy a GPS so I can use it mainly for trail riding on green lanes and off-road, although capability to do more for road riding and car would be an asset. I tend to do quite long distances - 100-150 miles - at the...
August 20th 04 11:43 AM
by CB Go to last post
7 265
GPS by Carproviderusa
I have a frend in Europe owner of a Hummer H2 2004 with US Navigation system he want to know how to converted or have a software to change for Europeen system my frend is in Belgium (West Europe ) Thanks for you Help my e mail : Daniel Genachte
August 20th 04 08:06 AM
by Walter Wright Go to last post
4 222
Metroguide 6 by xx
Is it available yet? It's shown on Garmin's site, but I'm told it's not yet for sale. Any info in its quality? I'm still using Metroguide 4 on my Garmin 176. Metroguide 4 is SUPERIOR to Metro. 5 in RURAL areas. How will 6 compare?
August 20th 04 05:39 AM
by xx Go to last post
3 177
60CS - Turn Status Line off by Sebastian
Hi, Using the Garmin GPSMAP 60CS, is there any way to turn off the status line on the top of the screen. The new Garmin Vista-C does come with a very similar software and there is no status line. Maybe the status line on the top is sometimes quite useful but on the map-screen it wastes a lot of space - and I want it to go away... Regards,
August 20th 04 04:40 AM
by Sebastian Go to last post
0 158
Garmin VISTA/LEGEND COLOR car navigator Product Review by Joe Mehaffey
We have just released a DRAFT version of our Garmin VISTA/LEGEND COLOR product review. We have more testing to complete, but so many people are asking about the review, I decided to post it as a draft. See the FEATURES section at http://gpsinformation.net Joe Mehaffey ========================================================== Many new (and not so new) GPS owners have basic (and not so...
August 20th 04 02:47 AM
by Joe Mehaffey Go to last post
0 169
via points don't always show by speedlever
Must be my week for finding anomalies. My 2610/v3.80 has at times confused me with via points not clearing as the route progresses. Today, I noticed that if I add multiple via points, more often than not, one or more via points will not show on the current route page. What appears to then happen is that the 2610 continues to try to route me back to the missing via point as I arrive at the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 20th 04 02:06 AM
by speedlever Go to last post
11 397
Broken Garmin contact pin on rear of 12 XL by Gary S.
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:49:37 GMT, wrote: Hi group, I somehow broke off a pin in the round Garmin contact on the back of a 12XL. It happens to be the ground pin. Do you have any experience in fixing this sort of thing? There are four rather long pins, in a sunken hole in the units
August 20th 04 12:58 AM
by Gary S. Go to last post
0 146
Wanted GPS with navigation and NMEA o/p by Mark Taylor
Hi am looking for GPS to replace my ETREX it needs to have NMEA o/p to feed a APRS radio system. I would also like a navigation feature to allow me to place postcode (zip code) search input from the unit and navigate to it . I am limted to the Garmin Street Pilot 3 deluxe ? Any help would be apreciated. Mark
August 19th 04 11:08 PM
by a Go to last post
1 169
City Navigator 6.o by bk
Have they started shipping this yet?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 19th 04 10:25 PM
by JBDragon Go to last post
26 627
SV's TX via one antenna for L1 signal ? by Dave
Anyone know how many antenna's are used for the L1 signal at any one time or do they use a phased array of antenna's ? I was looking at a picture of sat and it had loads of antenna's on it spares (I know they use different frequency's! hence antenna's) Just interested Dave.
August 19th 04 10:13 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
4 189
City Select Europe / Automotive Navigation kit for 60CS by Simon Long
Hi All, Well, my credit card has just about recovered from my purchase of the 60CS in July, and while I've got by with my old MetroGuide Europe maps up until now, the temptation of the autorouting maps is becoming too much, so I'm looking to buy City Select Europe v6. First problem - you can't actually buy City Select Europe on its own. Oh no. You have to buy it as part of the "Automotive...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 19th 04 08:57 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
12 399
Opinions needed on GPS for newbie by Clovis
I am currently researching handheld GPS and was wondering on your opinions on the Magellan Meridian Platinum. We will be using it primarily for hiking and possibly geocaching. But mostly hiking. almost exclusively, hiking. The GPS will actually be a gift for my partner, who is very technically inclined so I am looking for a GPS with a fair amount of features, even though it will be his first...
August 19th 04 08:10 PM
by Jack Yeazel Go to last post
1 152
MapCenter by Pete Beall
I'm feeling sort of dumb about this, but I've Googled and can't find the answer. How do you use a map from MapCenter? http://mapcenter.cgpsmapper.com/ What do you download and how do you view or load the map to the GPS? Will loading a map into the GPS erase the current map set? -- www.petebeall.net
August 19th 04 06:23 PM
by Doug Adomatis Go to last post

From The