Da Vinci Code by Silent Bob
Hi All, I'm trying to solve a geographical location puzzle, found in the authors of Da Vinci Code webpage http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday/davinci/ the coordinates given a 37, 27,65 N 77, 8, 44 W it seems it refers to a (European??) city or something....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 19th 04 12:26 PM
by Gary S. Go to last post
23 550
test by March
test --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.740 / Virus Database: 494 - Release Date: 16/08/2004
August 19th 04 03:03 AM
by Dave Patton Go to last post
1 131
Best GPS for Motorcycle Trailriding? by CB
Hi all Please forgive if this is a repeat - I have done a search to see if I can find a relevant thread, but not managed to find anything. I am based in the UK and am looking to buy a GPS so I can use it mainly for trail riding on green lanes and off-road, although capability to do more for road riding and car would be an asset. I tend to do quite long distances - 100-150 miles - at the...
August 19th 04 12:53 AM
by Blank Go to last post
3 246
Backup Garmin configuration settings? by Martin
I use my GPSMAP 60CS almost every day for at least two activities: biking and driving. The problem is that there are a bunch of configuration options that I like to have set a certain way, depending on the activity. For biking, for example, I like lock on road=OFF, high level of track logging, certain data fields on the map display (to name a few). For driving, I like a different set of...
August 18th 04 11:06 PM
by Martin Go to last post
5 140
Ique 3600 - city select north america by bill
All I'm looking for the city select north america with unlock codes - Any idea where I can find it for free ? http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/cityselect.jsp I have the european map. thanks JM
August 18th 04 09:54 PM
by bill Go to last post
0 108
Used Europe Map? by HH
I'll be heading to Europe next year for 3 weeks and would like to know which version of MetroGuide (or City Select) I can buy, use it, and then sell it after I'm done with it. I like the newest City Select but that cost $500 and I would only use it for 3 weeks and won't be able to sell it afterward due to the unlock code.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 18th 04 09:07 PM
by Alan Adrian Go to last post
19 348
Palm T3 and Garmin software by S. MARSOLLE
I have a Palm T3 (PDA), is it possible to run the same software from Garmin iQue 3600 ? I know there is a solution for Pocket PC : http://www.garmin.com/products/cfQue/ Does Garmin plan to offer the same GPS solution for Palm-OS PDA ? Séb M
August 18th 04 07:46 PM
by Jonas Lonnroth Go to last post
2 150
GPS software under GNU licence by Stavros
Found on Slashdot.org today: "Based on many years of work performed at ARL:UT, we have release GPSTk under the GNU LGPL. GPSTk is a cross platform library and set of applications that provides both fundamental and advanced GPS processing algorithms to the GPS and open source community. A wide array of functions are provided by the GPSTk library, including: RINEX I/O, ephemeris calculation,...
August 18th 04 06:39 PM
by Frank Go to last post
1 107
City Select Europe / Automotive Navigation kit for 60CS by [email protected]
Hans-Georg Michna wrote: First problem - you can't actually buy City Select Europe on its own. Oh no. You have to buy it as part of the "Automotive Navigation Kit", which includes 2 car mounts that I don't need and a power cable that is somewhat unnecessary given the battery life of the 60CS. who says that? I have the European City Select v6, but I never bought any kit.
August 18th 04 05:06 PM
egnos estb by iuan
anyone have any info on the timetable for the egnos transmissions to start on artemis
August 18th 04 03:38 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
4 154
Waypoints - timestamped? by Charles
Do Garmin (Geko 201) or any GPS's timestamp waypoints when they are created? None of the software I use shows the date & time when a waypoint is created, (I don't mean downloaded) which would be very useful to someone forgetful like me... Track data seems to have that info. Charles
August 18th 04 03:33 PM
by Tom H. Go to last post
9 264
Used a 26xx on a flight by Steve L.
I've used my III+ on flts before so I thought I'd try my 2650 this time. I used a Radio Shack Coleman power supply. This was able to power up for about 3 hours. I kept the power supply in my napsack under the seat. I didn't find it too large or heavy. I set the screen brightness to 50%, sound off,off roaded to the destination and used an extenal antenna.
August 18th 04 02:50 PM
by Steve L. Go to last post
0 106
accurate racetrack measurements with gps by MatsB
I work parttime as raceengineer and to help my preparations for next year, I would like to gather detailed data of the racetracks we visit now. The data will be used in Matlab (tab separeted ASCI). The track would then be used in vehicle dynamics simulations. I would do the measurements at evening after race by walking the track edge with the gps on a small trolly of some sort. The tracks are...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 18th 04 12:42 PM
by MatsB Go to last post
18 444
Best R2V-Software ?? by Theo
What is the best program for raster-vector-conversion of topographic colour maps ? What is your experience with programs like : Able R2V, ArcScan, VPHybridcad, Draftsman, Bentley Descartes, Easy Trace, Wintopo Pro, Streamline,... ?? I tried some of the above mentioned programs. But all failed in tracing unsharp lines.
August 18th 04 11:28 AM
by Theo Go to last post
0 127
Meridian Platinum or Garmin GPSMap 76S ? Please Help! by Paul Fritze
Hi, I am new to the GPS scene and I want to buy my first one. I like the options that the Magellan provides -Upgradeable non-proprietary memory But I am scared that the Garmin is so popular and it may be a better product in the long run. I plan on using it in my car, outdoors and maybe even when i go mountain bike riding. I am a major gadget lover
August 18th 04 07:30 AM
by Tony Clark Go to last post
1 136
BLT 20 - GPS lifted to 100,000 feet over Texas this weekend by Craig Davidson
It's time again for the Texas Balloon Launch Team (BLT) to fly their 20th mission. The web page for the event is http://www.qsl.net/w5acm/b20.html but there is no specific data on the electronics payload yet. I am guessing that they will launch from the same airport in Wharton Texas ( http://www.airnav.com/airport/5R5 ) on Saturday morning at 10am and will use most of the same equipment as...
August 18th 04 06:30 AM
by Craig Davidson Go to last post
0 119
Sportrack Memory Loss/Sorting Problems by KenJamin
Hi, I have a basic Sportrak unit with which I am having two problems: 1. If the unit looses power (i.e.. the batteries die) it looses all trackpoints and waypoints collected since the last power on. My previous unit(ColorTrak)did not do this. 2. If I am trying to set a goto from uploaded POIs and ask for a sort to the nearest the unit crashes and restarts. This will repeat until I choose
August 18th 04 02:30 AM
by KenJamin Go to last post
0 105
Mapsource by Bob
I have a really old set of the Mapsource CDs that I got with my Garmin Emap back when they first came out. I would have to dig them out to see exactly which version they are. I seem to recall that Garmin had some funky upgrade policy where you send them in and they send you a new set in return or something like that. I guess I will pop over to their web site to see what I can find but...
August 18th 04 01:36 AM
by John R. Copeland Go to last post
5 167
New Firmware for 2610 - v3.90 by BOHICA
Just received the following from Garmin: Garmin is pleased to announce that new software is available for the StreetPilot 2610. You can download the new software from our website by clicking the following link: http://www.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?product=010-00273-03
August 18th 04 12:01 AM
by Reg Go to last post
6 186
USER FRIENDLY CORS WEB SERVICE UPGRADE by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/CORS/newsletter1/ August 16, 2004 USER FRIENDLY CORS WEB SERVICE UPGRADE NGS has made a major revision to the User Friendly CORS web service. The primary difference to the user is the ability to get data for the current day, allowing you to collect your field data and process it using CORS data on the same day. With the growing use of laptop computers and...
August 17th 04 10:45 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post

From The