Current GPS Satellite Data -- Document last modified Tuesday, 17-Aug-04 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://http://earth-info.nima.mil/GandG/sathtml/satinfo.html http://http://earth-info.nima.mil/GandG/sathtml/gpsdoc2002.01.txt U N C L A S S I F I E D A B C D E F +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+ 1 | 09/39 | 16/56 | 06/36 | 24/24 | 20/51 | 14/41 | +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+ ...
August 17th 04 10:41 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 105
Down and back Up..... by Sam Wormley
The primary U.S. Coast Guard Navigation Center Website (http://www.navcen.uscg.mil) is currently unavailable to due to technical difficulties. The estimated time of repair is unknown. We will advise you when the site has been restored to normal operation. In the mean time, all information you would normally access from our primary site is available on our secondary site at...
August 17th 04 07:54 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 142
What is SIRF message 0x1b by Fabrizio
Please tell me what is message 1b in sirf binary protocol and if you have give me a simple manual tha explain it. Thanks
August 17th 04 07:15 PM
by Brent Go to last post
3 178
DIRECTV installers needed by Bates Installation Co., Inc.
DIRECTV installers needed in OH and NY. Please reply to 888-300-4913 for more information.
August 17th 04 07:13 PM
by Bates Installation Co., Inc. Go to last post
0 139
Altitude recording with garmin 76S in a pressurised plane by Michel
It doesn't seem me very clear to which altitude you record (and can then download to your PC) on a garmin 76S ! I saw that the "satellite view" allowed you to see the "GPS altitude" at any time, and that on the other views you could see the "altitude", which means the barometric altitude, and thus.... a wrong information when on a pressurised flight. So can any one help with this : Is it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 17th 04 05:34 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
13 338
GPS Newbie needs help entering waypoints into Mapsource by Ryan
I've been trying to get this working for hours. Hopefully someone here can help. I've searched the internet for a guide or explanation on coordinate formats but didn't come up with anything that would help me. I'm trying to add some waypoints to my Mapsource software, that I will later download to my Garmin V. If I get the coordinates of a location on the Internet, I'd like to be able add...
August 17th 04 02:24 PM
by Ryan Go to last post
3 178
Are compass heading and a timestamp recorded in manually stored waypoints (G-76S, Magellan Platinum, others)? by Jeremy Werner
Hello, I have a specific use case for a handheld GPS unit that requires saving position, timestamp, _and_ heading (from digital compass when stationary, not gps vectoring when moving) in a field of stored waypoints. I want to store them up in the unit, then dump all the waypoints to my computer back home. Simply getting instant NMEA sentences w/ heading is no good - in the field I will have...
August 17th 04 02:05 PM
by Magne W. Mathisen Go to last post
3 147
Backup Garmin configuration settings? by Martin
I use my GPSMAP 60CS almost every day for at least two activities: biking and driving. The problem is that there are a bunch of configuration options that I like to have set a certain way, depending on the activity. For biking, for example, I like lock on road=OFF, high level of track logging, certain data fields on the map display (to name a few). For driving, I like a different set of...
August 17th 04 04:44 AM
by M Go to last post
1 113
Less expensive external. by Doug Jackson
It's been awhile so I forgot the makers... My friend has a Garmin(model unknown for the moment); doesn't want to spend the dough on garmin's external antenna. Which aftermarket external ant. get good reports here. (need low dollar but usable) thanks, doug
August 17th 04 03:05 AM
by Stan Gosnell Go to last post
1 139
GPSMap 76CS WAAS by mjohn
I just upgraded from a Magellan handheld. On the Magellan, the WAAS satellites were identified...they aren't on my Garmin. I used the option to turn off WAAS and the accuracy of my position didn't change (+ - 15 feet). Is there an error with my unit? Should the WAAS satellites be shown on the satellite screen? Shouldn't the positioning become more accurate? Thanks!
August 16th 04 08:15 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
5 152
Less expensive external. by Courtney Gibson
Doug Jackson wrote: My friend has a Garmin(model unknown for the moment) . . . Which aftermarket external ant. get good reports here There's been a fair amount of discussion on this topic on the newsgroup; a search on Google will turn up a fair number of reviews and suggestions: http://groups.google.com/
August 16th 04 07:27 PM
by Courtney Gibson Go to last post
0 159
Wearable GPS by RL
Are there any wearable gps out there? If not - why heaven`t any made one??? -RL
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 16th 04 07:21 PM
by Al Go to last post
10 326
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004098 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.nnu? http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.oa1? http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004098 SUBJ: SVN39 (PRN09) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 229/1242 - JDAY 229/1650 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2004098 NANU DTG: 161703Z AUG 2004 ...
August 16th 04 07:01 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 109
GPS for use in Japan? by Stuart McGraw
I apologize in advance for not doing my homework before posting, but my time is short... I will be going to Japan in a few weeks. Since I don't speak or read Japanese, navigation may be a problem. A friend who recently bought a GPS suggested I get one with a map display which could help me find my way back to the hotel, or tell me if I got off the train at the wrong station. Can anyone...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 16th 04 05:04 PM
by Geoff Go to last post
12 328
Question about batteries by Scott Byrd
Just bought a Garmin Legend and am amazed how fast I went through a set of two Energizer Lithium AAs. I admit to leaving it on and driving while on battery power. I just received my power adapter but will be buying some rechargeable NiMH cells for portable use. The charger must be portable above all, no need for a fast charger but the whole set must fit in my suitcase without taking up...
August 16th 04 04:59 PM
by Scott Byrd Go to last post
2 129
map2pdb - Ozi to PathAway converter by Azzie
Hi... I have just released a tool to convert maps calibrated for OziExplorer to PathAway maps (PDB files ready to be uploaded into your Palm). It is free to use, but you can sponsor its development by making a donation ;-) You can find the stuff at http://priv.astronet.pl/azzie/map2pdb/ More information is available in the readme file on the webpage.
August 16th 04 02:58 PM
by Azzie Go to last post
0 230
GPSMAP 60CS vs. eMap by Petri
I have an old eMap, which I have used years and I like it very much. Now I have new maps which make the update of the screen very slow. Does anyone have experience on the speed of the processor/system and comparisons between the old eMap and the new systems like 60CS. P_D
August 16th 04 08:22 AM
by Petri Go to last post
0 126
SPIII & 2.70 firmware by Kahuna
I thought it was just loose battery problems but my SPIII has been freezing on data transfer ever since I upgraded to v 2.70. Went back to 2.6 today and it seems fine. Anyone else had similar problems? -- Kahuna ------------
August 16th 04 08:16 AM
by Kahuna Go to last post
5 139
60cs tracback behaviour by Greg Brezinski
anyone else notice that the tracback on the 60 (and likely 76, maybe legend and vista c also) appears to function a little strangely as compared to their older units... here's an example - i walk for a mile in a straight line from east to west. i then decide to turn around and return to my starting point. after walking back to the east for let's say 1/4 mile i decide to activate "tracback"...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 16th 04 06:03 AM
by Greg Brezinski Go to last post
42 839
"beacon stations", especially in Asia by Dave Baker
I'm looking at some GPS units that can have DGPS Beacon Receivers fitted to them - like shown at http://www.dogbytecomputer.com/xcart/catalog/product_1365_FURUNO_GR80_LCD_READOUT_DGPS_RECEIVER_GR80.html There is a list of compatible stations in the Operator's Manual, but I suspect it isn't complete. Does anyone know of any more complete list? I'm especially looking around Borneo. Thanks,
August 16th 04 04:23 AM
by Dave Baker Go to last post

From The