WAAS Outage by Mark Wilson
Anyone notice that WAAS AOR-W was out during the evening of 7/28 (7/29Z)?
August 16th 04 02:48 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
1 130
Creating mapsets quicky on mapsource by Moorheadbigj
I found out from garmin tech last friday that to create all maps on say like city navigator v5 or any map set map scale to 1500 miles and click on map tool and then click on upper left corner of map and while holding button on mouse down drag your arrow diagonaly down to lower right side of map and then release mouse button and you will have all mapsets on that map. Pretty fast way to get all...
August 16th 04 02:46 AM
by Real Estate Agent Go to last post
5 131
Garmin 60CS and option Prefer highway? by DenLambert
HI to all Recently on a trip to Montreal, I asked my 60CS to give the fastest route to get to a specific address. (Using a Metroguide Canada V4 as a basemap) . I did know the route to take but I was wondering which one my GPS would gave me. Actually the route it gave me was not the fastest one. It was the shortest one but surely not the fastest. It was driving me thru villages instead of...
August 15th 04 09:39 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
2 137
Maps Greece? by The Boss
Hi, Sins i'm leaving on holiday's in Crete - Greece i would like to take my GPSMap 60C with me. Only there are no maps for it? Any idee where to buy - download them? I would like to look into it on my Mapsource first before buying it. They seems available he http://www.freebytes.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=45&osCsid=001591f1db58807b939db6ea2b908535
August 15th 04 07:37 PM
by Frank Go to last post
1 174
60CS firmware problem by MRS
I have a problem using the 3.50 firmware, the sensitivity of the unit dropped a lot, and wanted to change back to 3.40, can anyone sent me the 3.40 firmware? thanks a lot!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 15th 04 12:33 PM
by MRS Go to last post
16 770
Scan Paper Map - Help by HH
Hi, I downloaded OziExplorer and was hoping to scan some paper map and put it on my GPS but at my surprise, OziExplorer doesn't support Legend C. Is there any software that support Legend C's USB plug? If there is a software that will turn a map into a MapSource, it's even better. Thanks.
August 15th 04 06:08 AM
by HH Go to last post
3 158
clock problem with GPSMap 60CS by Antun Paulin
I have problem with my 60 CS. When I remove batteries from device, after few hours it forgets time. For example, if I remove batteries at 22h to put it in charger, when I install it next morning device is thinking that is 21h day before? Is anybody having the same problem? Problem is also, that next morning, when I am trying to use my GPS, it needs more than 20 minutes to find satellites. That is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 14th 04 05:55 PM
by Simon Long Go to last post
26 463
Help on Garmin software by Surendar Jeyadev
I am looking for some mapping software for my newly acquired Map76. I basically want something that will allow me to upload and download waypoint data and help manage tracklogs. I would very much like a function that would allow me to download track information and prune it to make specific tracks that I can later upload into the unit. From what I gather reading the posts, such things...
August 14th 04 05:15 PM
by Gary S. Go to last post
6 204
Uninstalling Metroguide in Mapsource by Reinhard Schaeck
Hi, last year I installed Metroguide Europe V5 - no problem. In the meantime I upgraded MapSource (the administration software) to 6.03. Now I bought MetroGuide Europe V6 and after comparing both sets of maps I would now uninstall the old V5. But unfortunately there is no Uninstall-option in MapSource. At least I don't find any :-). If I just delete some V5-files MapSource complains and...
August 14th 04 04:55 PM
by Nate B Go to last post
2 150
Looking to buy unlock code for City Select North America by Shane
Having installed my City Select North America on two now dead GPSs, I'm wondering if anyone wants to sell me their spare code. I'm willing to pay $40 for it. Sorry but I can't stomach paying out the full price again for something I already own! (Garmin have been less than helpfull as I bought the GPSs second hand). Please e-mail: (please remove ) Thanks
August 14th 04 04:53 PM
by Nate B Go to last post
4 180
MRSID images by pl
When I look at MRSID images I have the perception that ridges are valleys and vice-versa. This does not happen with DEM files. Is this a question of lighting convention? I note that if I invert the colors than this aberation disappears, but the color palette is not as appropriate even when I manipulate the colors, and of course the color coding is lost. Is there a way to manipulate the MRSId...
August 14th 04 04:33 PM
by pl Go to last post
8 284
Diagnostics 60CS (was: I figured out how to calibrate my eTrex click-stick!) by Han
I just discovered starting up the 60CS with holding down 'Enter' gives a diagnostics page as well. Nice thing, then, is to page down through several screens. [email protected] [email protected]
August 14th 04 03:50 PM
by Han Go to last post
0 115
Time zones automaticlly change on your location by GPS by marx
I am surprised that the new Garmin GPS (like the 60cs I have) do not have an option to set the time automatically according to the time zone of your location. The GPS knows best in which time zone you are staying. When you travel trough different time zones, it is nice to see the actual time. Is it a technical problem to implement this due to the GPS-system itself or just a wish on the Garmin's...
August 14th 04 11:14 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
1 147
I figured out how to calibrate my eTrex click-stick! by skip
So I just discovered this, and while it may be old news to many of you I was pretty excited to find it. If you depress your click-stick while turning on your eTrex, it will bring up an entirely different screen with a bunch of system information and a star-shaped figure corresponding to your click-stick. Move the click-stick left, the left arrow fills, move it right, the right arrow fills, and...
August 14th 04 10:57 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
5 182
Garmin 76CS - How to determine current map name? by Roy Lewallen
I loaded a couple of states of road maps from City Select, plus a couple of quads from Topo, into my 76CS. The road maps overlay the topo maps, and I understand that I have to turn off the corresponding road maps in order to see the topo maps which are underneath. My question is, how do I tell which of the 60 loaded City Select maps to turn off? (The topo maps are in the boondocks, where the...
August 14th 04 08:57 AM
by Roy Lewallen Go to last post
2 184
GPS Visualizer can finally create JPEGs! by Adam Schneider
Hi geo-people, The good news is, as the subject says, GPS Visualizer -- my free, platform-independent, web-based tool for plotting GPS track and waypoint data -- can now convert your SVG drawings to JPEG format, which will make it much easier to put your maps on Web pages, e-mail them, etc. The slightly bad news is that, for now at least, it's not a seamless process: you still have to...
August 14th 04 05:34 AM
by Adam Schneider Go to last post
3 137
Newbe question by Doug MacArthur
I'm considering the StreetPilot 2610. How do I input a destination e.g. a street address? Is there some kind of keyboard (pad) that I would type in the address? Thanks
August 13th 04 11:47 PM
by Bob Gardner Go to last post
3 138
Maps Crete by The Boss
I'm looking for maps of Crete that i could use with my GPSMap 60C I already buy't the BleuChart 6.5 and the CitySelect 6.0 and unlock them with my GPS. Only for the CitySelect 6.0 there are no maps of Crete, the BleuChart is OK. Please help me out because soon i'm leaving on holiday's to Crete, sins the Olympics are in Greece it must be available somewhere? thanks, regards from Belgium
August 13th 04 07:15 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
3 324
image capture of GPS display by Laurel Couturier
Is there any software available (freeware, shareware or commercial) that will allow you to capture the display from your GPS as an image and then inset it into documents similar to what you see in manuals. I have tried taking a picture of the GPS display with a digital camera but the quality is not so good. I have a garmin 72 in a windows platform. Thanks K
August 13th 04 06:21 PM
by Robert Jones Go to last post
5 186
Garmin 60CS Newbie: Why is Min elevation dashed out and the Max elev 0? by marx
Recently I have bought a GPSMAP 60CS. On the altimeter page, I have changed the data fields so I can see the Min Elev and Max Elev field. Unfortunately, The field always gives _____ (five underscores). Track log is enabled. I have made a screen-print as an example find at: http://home.planet.nl/~snijd766/Minelevation.bmp What did I do wrong? When can I see a value in it? Is it a bug of...
August 13th 04 06:05 PM
by Mark Snijders Go to last post

From The