SPIII & 2.70 firmware by Kahuna
I thought it was just loose battery problems but my SPIII has been freezing on data transfer ever since I upgraded to v 2.70. Went back to 2.6 today and it seems fine. Anyone else had similar problems? -- Kahuna ------------
August 16th 04 07:16 AM
by Kahuna Go to last post
5 151
60cs tracback behaviour by Greg Brezinski
anyone else notice that the tracback on the 60 (and likely 76, maybe legend and vista c also) appears to function a little strangely as compared to their older units... here's an example - i walk for a mile in a straight line from east to west. i then decide to turn around and return to my starting point. after walking back to the east for let's say 1/4 mile i decide to activate "tracback"...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 16th 04 05:03 AM
by Greg Brezinski Go to last post
42 949
"beacon stations", especially in Asia by Dave Baker
I'm looking at some GPS units that can have DGPS Beacon Receivers fitted to them - like shown at http://www.dogbytecomputer.com/xcart/catalog/product_1365_FURUNO_GR80_LCD_READOUT_DGPS_RECEIVER_GR80.html There is a list of compatible stations in the Operator's Manual, but I suspect it isn't complete. Does anyone know of any more complete list? I'm especially looking around Borneo. Thanks,
August 16th 04 03:23 AM
by Dave Baker Go to last post
8 274
WAAS Outage by Mark Wilson
Anyone notice that WAAS AOR-W was out during the evening of 7/28 (7/29Z)?
August 16th 04 01:48 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
1 143
Creating mapsets quicky on mapsource by Moorheadbigj
I found out from garmin tech last friday that to create all maps on say like city navigator v5 or any map set map scale to 1500 miles and click on map tool and then click on upper left corner of map and while holding button on mouse down drag your arrow diagonaly down to lower right side of map and then release mouse button and you will have all mapsets on that map. Pretty fast way to get all...
August 16th 04 01:46 AM
by Real Estate Agent Go to last post
5 167
Garmin 60CS and option Prefer highway? by DenLambert
HI to all Recently on a trip to Montreal, I asked my 60CS to give the fastest route to get to a specific address. (Using a Metroguide Canada V4 as a basemap) . I did know the route to take but I was wondering which one my GPS would gave me. Actually the route it gave me was not the fastest one. It was the shortest one but surely not the fastest. It was driving me thru villages instead of...
August 15th 04 08:39 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
2 160
Maps Greece? by The Boss
Hi, Sins i'm leaving on holiday's in Crete - Greece i would like to take my GPSMap 60C with me. Only there are no maps for it? Any idee where to buy - download them? I would like to look into it on my Mapsource first before buying it. They seems available he http://www.freebytes.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=45&osCsid=001591f1db58807b939db6ea2b908535
August 15th 04 06:37 PM
by Frank Go to last post
1 187
60CS firmware problem by MRS
I have a problem using the 3.50 firmware, the sensitivity of the unit dropped a lot, and wanted to change back to 3.40, can anyone sent me the 3.40 firmware? thanks a lot!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 15th 04 11:33 AM
by MRS Go to last post
16 837
Scan Paper Map - Help by HH
Hi, I downloaded OziExplorer and was hoping to scan some paper map and put it on my GPS but at my surprise, OziExplorer doesn't support Legend C. Is there any software that support Legend C's USB plug? If there is a software that will turn a map into a MapSource, it's even better. Thanks.
August 15th 04 05:08 AM
by HH Go to last post
3 190
clock problem with GPSMap 60CS by Antun Paulin
I have problem with my 60 CS. When I remove batteries from device, after few hours it forgets time. For example, if I remove batteries at 22h to put it in charger, when I install it next morning device is thinking that is 21h day before? Is anybody having the same problem? Problem is also, that next morning, when I am trying to use my GPS, it needs more than 20 minutes to find satellites. That is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 14th 04 04:55 PM
by Simon Long Go to last post
26 530
Help on Garmin software by Surendar Jeyadev
I am looking for some mapping software for my newly acquired Map76. I basically want something that will allow me to upload and download waypoint data and help manage tracklogs. I would very much like a function that would allow me to download track information and prune it to make specific tracks that I can later upload into the unit. From what I gather reading the posts, such things...
August 14th 04 04:15 PM
by Gary S. Go to last post
6 234
Uninstalling Metroguide in Mapsource by Reinhard Schaeck
Hi, last year I installed Metroguide Europe V5 - no problem. In the meantime I upgraded MapSource (the administration software) to 6.03. Now I bought MetroGuide Europe V6 and after comparing both sets of maps I would now uninstall the old V5. But unfortunately there is no Uninstall-option in MapSource. At least I don't find any :-). If I just delete some V5-files MapSource complains and...
August 14th 04 03:55 PM
by Nate B Go to last post
2 172
Looking to buy unlock code for City Select North America by Shane
Having installed my City Select North America on two now dead GPSs, I'm wondering if anyone wants to sell me their spare code. I'm willing to pay $40 for it. Sorry but I can't stomach paying out the full price again for something I already own! (Garmin have been less than helpfull as I bought the GPSs second hand). Please e-mail: (please remove ) Thanks
August 14th 04 03:53 PM
by Nate B Go to last post
4 204
MRSID images by pl
When I look at MRSID images I have the perception that ridges are valleys and vice-versa. This does not happen with DEM files. Is this a question of lighting convention? I note that if I invert the colors than this aberation disappears, but the color palette is not as appropriate even when I manipulate the colors, and of course the color coding is lost. Is there a way to manipulate the MRSId...
August 14th 04 03:33 PM
by pl Go to last post
8 321
Diagnostics 60CS (was: I figured out how to calibrate my eTrex click-stick!) by Han
I just discovered starting up the 60CS with holding down 'Enter' gives a diagnostics page as well. Nice thing, then, is to page down through several screens. [email protected] [email protected]
August 14th 04 02:50 PM
by Han Go to last post
0 132
Time zones automaticlly change on your location by GPS by marx
I am surprised that the new Garmin GPS (like the 60cs I have) do not have an option to set the time automatically according to the time zone of your location. The GPS knows best in which time zone you are staying. When you travel trough different time zones, it is nice to see the actual time. Is it a technical problem to implement this due to the GPS-system itself or just a wish on the Garmin's...
August 14th 04 10:14 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
1 171
I figured out how to calibrate my eTrex click-stick! by skip
So I just discovered this, and while it may be old news to many of you I was pretty excited to find it. If you depress your click-stick while turning on your eTrex, it will bring up an entirely different screen with a bunch of system information and a star-shaped figure corresponding to your click-stick. Move the click-stick left, the left arrow fills, move it right, the right arrow fills, and...
August 14th 04 09:57 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
5 210
Garmin 76CS - How to determine current map name? by Roy Lewallen
I loaded a couple of states of road maps from City Select, plus a couple of quads from Topo, into my 76CS. The road maps overlay the topo maps, and I understand that I have to turn off the corresponding road maps in order to see the topo maps which are underneath. My question is, how do I tell which of the 60 loaded City Select maps to turn off? (The topo maps are in the boondocks, where the...
August 14th 04 07:57 AM
by Roy Lewallen Go to last post
2 239
GPS Visualizer can finally create JPEGs! by Adam Schneider
Hi geo-people, The good news is, as the subject says, GPS Visualizer -- my free, platform-independent, web-based tool for plotting GPS track and waypoint data -- can now convert your SVG drawings to JPEG format, which will make it much easier to put your maps on Web pages, e-mail them, etc. The slightly bad news is that, for now at least, it's not a seamless process: you still have to...
August 14th 04 04:34 AM
by Adam Schneider Go to last post
3 153
Newbe question by Doug MacArthur
I'm considering the StreetPilot 2610. How do I input a destination e.g. a street address? Is there some kind of keyboard (pad) that I would type in the address? Thanks
August 13th 04 10:47 PM
by Bob Gardner Go to last post

From The