StreetPilot 3 Deluxe by Mark
I have the SP3 deluxe USA model and want to use it in the UK down to detailed road/street level. I am living in the UK and cannot get hold of the European maps as they are US availability only. What options have I got? Thanks,
August 13th 04 03:56 PM
by Robert Elsinga =8-) Go to last post
1 148
Garmin GPSMAP 60/76 C/CS Routing Peculiarities by Hans-Georg Michna
Just wanted to share an observation about some peculiarities in the routing of the Garmin GPSMAP 60/76 C/CS devices. (I tested this only on the 76C, but apparently the firmware and algorithms are the same on all these devices. I've tested the routing on the European City Select v6 map in demo mode with the Best Route setting and picked some non-trivial routes for testing, particularly one for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 13th 04 03:29 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
33 610
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004097 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.nnu? http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.oa1? http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004097 SUBJ: SVN44 (PRN28) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 226/0208 - JDAY 226/0714 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2004097 NANU DTG: 130713Z AUG 2004 ...
August 13th 04 02:08 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 124
VistaC/LegendC USB by Carsten Kurz
Seems unlike any previous Garmin units, VistaC and LegendC are powered by a USB connection. The car adaptor is a ZigPlug-USB adaptor as well. So the batteries don't get drained during map transfers. Unfortunately, those devices have comparably small map memories and a fast USB connection, so they wouldn't have to wait too long for a transfer anyway .... Okay, map compliation takes it's time...
August 13th 04 01:14 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
0 96
Compact Travel AA Charger? by HH
Does anyone of you guys know of a good travel Ni-MH charger that can operates from 100v to 240v?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 13th 04 11:40 AM
by Christoph Bouthillier Go to last post
16 403
GPS / mobile phone+gps by RL
Mobile phone producers are integrating GPS in their phones increasingly. Will this be the end of the GPS? And Push to talk are beeing integrated as well. Will this be the end of the walkie talkie? What do you think will happen? -RL
August 13th 04 06:02 AM
by Jan B Go to last post
9 181
60CS (3.50) tested in Bangkok by MRS
I have already come back from Bangkok, the 60CS works good with firmware 3.50 now, it has good reception in some Bangkok city area and even inside a taxi without external antenna (I have tested to locate myself on the flight near the aeroplane window!) very useful to know my position and direction even with the base map of very limited detail, BTW, Bangkok is a very good place to travel, safe and...
August 13th 04 05:10 AM
by MRS Go to last post
4 156
Why are some GPSs so much better than others? by Randolph J. Herber
In article , Peter wrote: I also wonder what is the point of a 12-channel GPS when most of the time there are 8 or fewer satellites in the sky. Peter.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 13th 04 05:06 AM
by Fred Go to last post
59 897
Conversion Lat/Long Coordinates to Ostia Contacts Format ? by Robbie
Does anyone have a routine to convert Lat/Long coordinates to the location format that Pharos Ostia uses in the Contacts Radio Tel Field ? I do have a copy of the VB source of the VH2LL algorithm that converts V&H coordinates to Lat/Long if anyone is interested in this. It is also freely available on-line. Robbie
August 13th 04 05:00 AM
by Robbie Go to last post
9 199
programming gps tool for NavPilot II w. new u-nav chip by Walter M?ller
Hi, i am looking for a programming tool for u-nav gps chip. I will us a NavPilot II GPS-mouse from Road Navigation. Please help me, thx Best Regads Walter Sorry for my bad engl. :-)
August 13th 04 02:21 AM
by Walter M?ller Go to last post
0 154
Is there a way to remove a permanent Garmin dashboard mount? by Don
I screwed up and put a permanent mount on my dashboard when I mean to use the temporary one. Duh. Does anyone know how to get it off without ruining the dashboard? Thanks, Don
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 13th 04 01:35 AM
by Joe Stella Go to last post
14 1,308
MapExtract - new tools by garmin_gps
I'd like to present you some new MapExtract tools: 1. Tool to make map street intersections - compile your map in MapCenter and you will have map which is able to find street intersections. 2. Tool to split maps into user defined X & Y parts with selectable overlap. MapExtract is freeware and you can download it from www.mapextract.tk Regards, Assen
August 12th 04 11:23 PM
by garmin_gps Go to last post
0 178
Updates by Bob Gardner
I have downloaded and installed StreetPilot 2.70 and Mapsource 6.3. What would paying $150 for a new City Navigator (or whatever) buy me? More points of interest? New roads? Is the content worth the bucks, considering that I am quite happy with what I have now? Bob Gardner --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 12th 04 10:56 PM
by Robbie Go to last post
13 295
Postprocessing by Tom Bach
What feature (if available) must be present in a consumer-grade gps in order to permit post-processing to improve waypoint/track values?
August 12th 04 08:24 PM
by Preben Mikael Bohn Go to last post
7 212
German ICE train and GSP by rafski
I was on a German ICE train and wanted to use my Garmin III to find out where I was. I could not get a single bird to display and I held my GPS to the windows for a while. I tied this later on a diffrent ICE and same thing. I saw that the trains have a gold coating on the windows - perhaps UV filter? Does anyone know if a UV filter will block GPS singals? Just wondering - perhaps airlines...
August 12th 04 08:18 PM
by Darren Griffin - PocketGPS Go to last post
8 228
Legend C and Vista C sensitivity by Searching_ut
Based on my initial impressions of my new Vista C, it appears that Garmin has indeed boosted the sensitivity of the new units. Not only does it appear to lock sats in tougher conditions, it seems they have made it considerably faster at re-acquiring sats as you move about in tough conditions. I'll have to do side by sides quite a bit in a wide variety of conditions to be sure, but it looks like...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 12th 04 06:08 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
29 575
August 12th 04 02:51 PM
by Bob Go to last post
0 126
New Garmin V - Quest by Scott Byrd
http://www.garmin.com/products/quest/#
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 12th 04 01:34 PM
by Robert Elsinga Go to last post
56 909
60C proposed display option for compass page by JM
Hi all.. Long time reader, first time with a post. I've been using hand held GPS for many years on the water, on land, and in the air. I've gone through a GPS II Plus, an eTrex Venture, eTrex Legend, and now have a GPSmap 60c. Now to my question. One feature I've often thought would come in handy would be to superimpose a bearing pointer (in a different color) over top of the CDI on the...
August 12th 04 01:12 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
7 221
eTrex VistaC Software Update - 5 Aug 2004 by ARA
eTrex VistaC Software Updates: Firmware eTrex Vista C Ver. 2.10 as of August 5, 2004 Download Additional Software xImage Ver. 2.1 as of July 21, 2004 Download
August 12th 04 12:51 PM
by ARA Go to last post

From The