New Garmin V - Quest by Scott Byrd
http://www.garmin.com/products/quest/#
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 12th 04 12:34 PM
by Robert Elsinga Go to last post
56 1,043
60C proposed display option for compass page by JM
Hi all.. Long time reader, first time with a post. I've been using hand held GPS for many years on the water, on land, and in the air. I've gone through a GPS II Plus, an eTrex Venture, eTrex Legend, and now have a GPSmap 60c. Now to my question. One feature I've often thought would come in handy would be to superimpose a bearing pointer (in a different color) over top of the CDI on the...
August 12th 04 12:12 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
7 266
eTrex VistaC Software Update - 5 Aug 2004 by ARA
eTrex VistaC Software Updates: Firmware eTrex Vista C Ver. 2.10 as of August 5, 2004 Download Additional Software xImage Ver. 2.1 as of July 21, 2004 Download
August 12th 04 11:51 AM
by ARA Go to last post
0 154
Fugawi gmf file format by Marko
Hi! Does anybody have the specification of the file format of the gmf files that Fugawi use for their street vector maps? Cheers Marko
August 12th 04 09:10 AM
by Marko Go to last post
0 180
2610 Firmware Upgrade by BOHICA
The firmware in my new 2610 is v2.70. Browsing the Garmin site I see that v3.80 is available. I normally don't jump on every upgrade available but it appears that quite a few changes have been made between v2.70 and v3.80. I see no versions available between 2.70 and 3.80 so I assume that it's safe to run the 3.80 upgrade on my 2610. Correct? If not where can I get the pervious...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 12th 04 06:00 AM
by David Fox Go to last post
27 577
Garmin Electro-compass by Jack Russell
So what is up with the Garmin Electronic compass in the new G76cs. In an open field it registers one way and in a car it is WAY off. I understand this with a magnetic compass but are electro-compass's going to fail as well??
August 12th 04 05:11 AM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
4 152
Etrex firmware problems by Richard Kaszeta
I have a Garmin Vista that was working perfectly until very recently. It's been more than a year since I updated the Mapsource maps or firmware. I decided that since I'm travelling to DC, to download some more R+R maps into the Vista. 1. After loading ~5 meg of R+R maps to the unit, it no longer displays them. The memory status bar shows that the maps were uploaded, but they didn't show up in...
August 12th 04 03:12 AM
by Richard Kaszeta Go to last post
3 178
Nav. System Questions by BillK
I am new to this forum. I want to get a navigation system. After reading a lot of very helpful posts here, I think that the Garmin 2610 and Tom Tom Go may be the best options for us. We do a lot of open-road travel, with periodic trips to major cities. Our destination cities in the last two years have been L.A., San Francisco, San Diego, Mpls, Boston, Phoenix, Vegas. We routinely travel...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 12th 04 02:59 AM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
15 426
GPS in Sumatra by Jim Buddenhagen
My brother will be collecting biological specimins in Sumatra and hopes to use GPS to record location for each specimin. Neither he nor I have ever used GPS. Is there a GPS that will do this? Ease of use in the field would be desirable. Are there maps for GPS use for Sumatra? Any information including suggestions of what GPS to buy, or where to get further information would be...
August 12th 04 02:21 AM
by Stan Gosnell Go to last post
6 224
Is there a way to remove a permanent Garmin dashboard mount? by Courtney Gibson
Don wrote: Does anyone know how to get off without ruining the dashboard? I have no experience removing those adhesive pads in particular... but, barring any better suggestions, you might try "Goo Gone": http://www.magicamerican.com/gg_images/GG3_big.gif It's worked well for me in the past. It needs to soak down to the
August 12th 04 12:08 AM
by Jim - K3GPS Go to last post
1 186
search anamoly - 2610 by speedlever
I had that search anamoly again today. I wanted to find the best route to the NC Zoo in Asheboro, NC. (about 30 miles from where I live) I did a filter search for zoo on all POI's.. and got one or two hits that had "zoo" in the name (unrelated to my destination), but no hits on the zoo itself. The search appears to begin locally and then move out 25 miles, 50 miles, etc. I then did a search...
August 11th 04 08:37 PM
by speedlever Go to last post
3 150
Magellan RoadMate Firmware Update v3.52 by Allory Deiss
Magellan RoadMate Firmware Update v3.52 for the 700 US, 500 and 500 Plus http://www.magellangps.com/en/support/software.asp
August 11th 04 04:22 PM
by Jerry Boyle Go to last post
2 176
Sync Question by Jim in Martinez CA
Ref. Garmin StreetPilot III: Does the memory card sync with the mapping software. I am brand new at this and wonder if the maps loaded onto the data card get updated by information ie waypoints, routes, address and stuff and then sync with the files on the PC. Does that question even make sense? I am trying to relate it to how a PDA sync/s with a PC. (Only my second day with the GPS)
August 11th 04 02:28 PM
by Mark Illingworth Go to last post
1 162
Palm Desktop for Garmin - Mac OS Ver. 4.1 by Allory Deiss
Garmin has posted Palm Desktop for Garmin - Mac OS Ver. 4.1 http://www.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00264-00 i just wish i had an iQue to check it out with
August 11th 04 02:02 PM
by Allory Deiss Go to last post
0 125
Garmin GPSMAP 60C route problem? by Intersurf10
I may be missing some vital setting here but: - If you try to navigate an off road route made up of your own waypoints that happens to have the final destination closer to your start location than the waypoints on route the GPS will only take you to the final destination. It also skips waypoints that it considers not the shortest route. This is very irritating. I have tried all options in...
August 11th 04 01:42 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
3 209
MapSource - route questions by Steve
Using the Route Properties dialog seems pretty awkward. MapSource assigns cryptic names to the via points - how do I determine which via point corresponds to which section of the route? It doesn't look like there's any highlight on the map when I highlight a via point. And the dialog box is so big, it covers up much of the map. Can drag it around, but can't resize it? Thanks!
August 11th 04 01:11 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
5 256
Garmin GPSMAP 60/76 C/CS Map Memory Limit by Hans-Georg Michna
Has anybody tried loading more maps than 115 MB into the Garmin GPSMAP 76 C or CS or more than 56 MB into the 60 C or CS? What is the exact maximum? What happens when you exceed it? Hans-Georg -- No mail, please.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 11th 04 01:11 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
15 396
GPSmap76CS: barometric plot :((( by Manfred Handschuher
Hi, When I got my new GPSmap76CS yesterday, I was very disappointed to see the same strange behaviour in the barometer display as with my "old" GPSmap76S (I reported this bug already). 1. The GPSMAP76* are sold/offered as *marine* units. Despite this, the pressure plot over time shows a maximum of only 2 days. On sea, for security reasons it is essential to watch weather changes...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 11th 04 10:42 AM
by Pat Norton Go to last post
14 348
free BlueChart Atlantic Update 6.5 by Jos Pacilly
"Existing Atlantic BlueChart owners (apparantly no matter which version) can order the BlueChart Atlantic update 6.5 CD for free at their local distributor." Go, and get your copy!! Unlocking map regions may/will be charged, but tide and port information for the Atlantic region seems not to be locked. These maps could be uploaded to my Gps, and now it is displaying tide information for...
August 11th 04 08:43 AM
by Jos Pacilly Go to last post
0 150
Bluetooth for Garmin cf Que 1620 by Lehotko
Hello all, Shall you be interest for hardware and software solving of bluetooth communication for cf Que 1620? I will use standard bluetooth Slipper from Haicom (http://www.haicom.com.tw/hi_401bt.htm )and write software for support Garmin protocol. I can solve it, but it is relatively hard works for me. :) Thereat I will for first determine your favour. Otherwise I find guy with other solution...
August 11th 04 08:39 AM
by Lehotko Go to last post

From The