Template of a Visual Studio Project for coordinate transformations by Fred
Hi all, who develops programs with geodetic functionality like coordinate transformations or distance calculations, can use geodetic functions of my GeoDLL. The Dynamic Link Library can easily be used with most of the modern programming languages like C, C++, C#, Basic, Delphi, Pascal, Java, Fortran, Visual-Objects and others. As most of the programs with geodesic functions are developed in C,...
November 30th 14 12:37 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
4 695
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014085 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
2014085------------------------ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014085 SUBJ: SVN34 (PRN04) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 325/1614 - JDAY 325/2352 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2014085 NANU DTG: 212358Z NOV 2014 REFERENCE NANU: 2014084 REF NANU DTG: 131628Z NOV 2014 SVN: 34
November 22nd 14 03:23 AM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 413
Elusive dark matter may be detected with GPS satellites by Hans-Georg Michna
The everyday use of a GPS device might be to find your way around town or even navigate a hiking trail, but for two physicists, the Global Positioning System might be a tool in directly detecting and measuring dark matter, so far an elusive but ubiquitous form of matter responsible for the formation of galaxies. ... Read the complete article...
November 20th 14 11:07 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
3 546
The only GPS receivers I use these days are the ones in my Prius(2005), my iPad Air (2013) and my iPhone6 (2014) by Sam Wormley[_2_]
As I recently wrote to Joe MeHeffey, the only GPS receivers I use these days are the ones in my Prius (2005), my iPad Air (2013) and my iPhone6 (2014). The mobile iDevices use Assisted GPS and GLONASS. I was able to use an iPhone5 (2012) unassisted on a flight last April coming back from a conference in Carlsbad, CA at 31,000 feet. Assisted, as you know, provides ephemeris information to...
November 18th 14 12:36 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
3 600
SUBJ: GPS STATUS 11 NOV 2014 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
UNCLASSIFIED GPS OPERATIONAL ADVISORY 315.OA1 SUBJ: GPS STATUS 11 NOV 2014 1. SATELLITES, PLANES, AND CLOCKS (CS=CESIUM RB=RUBIDIUM): A. BLOCK I : NONE B. BLOCK II: PRNS 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 PLANE : SLOT D2, D1, E1, C5, D4, E3, D6, A4, A3, F6, E6, D5, B4, F3 CLOCK : RB, RB, RB, CS, RB, RB, RB, RB, CS, RB, CS, RB, RB,...
November 11th 14 11:46 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 421
Under Congressional Pressure, U.S. Agencies Maneuver on eLoran Relaunch,GPS Backup by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Under Congressional Pressure, U.S. Agencies Maneuver on eLoran Relaunch, GPS Backup http://www.insidegnss.com/node/4263 Prodded by Congress, the federal government is reexamining its decision to abandon eLoran, a network of ground stations capable of supplying essential timing and positioning data to power, phone, and other critical networks if something happened to GPS.
November 2nd 14 08:36 AM
by J. J. Lodder Go to last post
2 620
GPS IIF-8 Launched Successfully from Cape Canaveral by Sam Wormley[_2_]
GPS IIF-8 Launched Successfully from Cape Canaveral http://gpsworld.com/gps-iif-8-launched-successfully-from-cape-canaveral/ GPS IIF-8 is one of the next-generation GPS satellites, incorporating various improvements to provide greater accuracy, increased signals, and enhanced performance for users. With this eighth satellite now launched, only four more Block IIF satellites remain to...
October 29th 14 08:02 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 452
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014076 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014076 SUBJ: SVN63 (PRN01) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 300/1600 - JDAY 301/0400 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTMX NANU NUMBER: 2014076 NANU DTG: 221435Z OCT 2014 REFERENCE NANU: N/A REF NANU DTG: N/A SVN: 63 PRN: 01 START JDAY: 300
October 22nd 14 06:17 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 449
Looking for Receivers Capable of outputting MSM (Multiple Signal Messages) by [email protected]
I need a receiver that is capable of outputting MSM corrections. Does anybody know which manufacturer already supports MSM in their firmware, and where I can purchase a receiver? Thank you very much in advance! GpsAbove
October 17th 14 05:39 PM
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014075 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014075 SUBJ: SVN58 (PRN12) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 296/1330 - JDAY 297/0130 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2014075 NANU DTG: 161545Z OCT 2014 REFERENCE NANU: N/A REF NANU DTG: N/A SVN: 58 PRN: 12 START JDAY: 296
October 16th 14 04:01 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 457
Capabilities of GPS chips in popular smartphones by Hans-Georg Michna
I just posted the following to the OnePlus One discussion forum at: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/gps-capabilities.95084/#post-5140926 ----- Quote begins ----- I found most of the satellite numbers. 1 to 32 are GPS satellites (US). 64 to 96 is Glonass (Russia). 201 to 205 (?) are the geostationary or geosynchronous (tracing a north-south-oriented figure of 8 above China) Beidou
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 15th 14 03:19 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
17 1,111
Can I use my iPad to geolocate to a point without having cellular? by Jim Pierson
I want to have the iPad simply point to a GPS coordinate and tell me two things, (a) the compass heading, and (b) the distance to that point. I may or may not have cellular signal when I need it to do this. I tried, with Google Earth, but it wouldn't give me that information on the iPad (I think it gives that information on the computer though). I don't want to buy software because I only need...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 15th 14 02:55 PM
by Erilar Go to last post
25 951
Improper Fuel Line Installation Led to Incorrect Galileo Orbit by Sam Wormley[_2_]
Improper Fuel Line Installation Led to Incorrect Galileo Orbit http://gpsworld.com/improper-fuel-line-installation-led-to-incorrect-galileo-orbit/ The Euro-Russian inquiry board looking into the cause of the failure has discovered that one in four Fregat upper stages at prime contractor NPO Lavochkin in Moscow had the same fuel-line installation, according to the reports. “We have to...
October 8th 14 09:35 AM
by J. J. Lodder Go to last post
1 491
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014074 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014074 SUBJ: SVN62 (PRN25) FORECAST OUTAGE SUMMARY JDAY 275/1600 - JDAY 275/2143 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTSUMM NANU NUMBER: 2014074 NANU DTG: 022144Z OCT 2014 REFERENCE NANU: 2014073 REF NANU DTG: 261841Z SEP 2014 SVN: 62 PRN: 25 START JDAY: 275
October 3rd 14 01:09 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 368
Real reason for OCX control of GPS IIA birds by Marcelo Pacheco
To allow for keeping NDS functional in IIA birds, so NDS can be shutdown on IIR/IIR-M birds on the same orbital slot, in order to save battery life. Anybody has any information about this as a reason ? This would actually makes sense, since with the current breakneck GPS launch tempo, no GPS IIA will be needed early 2016.
September 30th 14 08:11 AM
by Marcelo Pacheco Go to last post
0 354
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014073 by Sam Wormley[_2_]
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2014073 SUBJ: SVN62 (PRN25) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 275/1600 - JDAY 276/0400 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2014073 NANU DTG: 261841Z SEP 2014 REFERENCE NANU: N/A REF NANU DTG: N/A SVN: 62 PRN: 25 START JDAY: 275
September 26th 14 07:02 PM
by Sam Wormley[_2_] Go to last post
0 451
DIY GPS Tracking by Meanie[_2_]
Would like to make my own tracking device with real time updates and without having to pay monthly fees when buying a device. Can someone offer suggestions how to begin such a project? Thank you
September 23rd 14 04:15 AM
by Michael Black[_2_] Go to last post
6 599
DoD restrictions on GPS units by David Harper
I'm curious as to the EXACT DoD restriction on civilian GPS units regarding speed and altitude. I'm aware that the restrictions are for speeds 1000kts AND altitudes 60,000 ft. However, I've heard conflicting information that the 1000kts speed restriction only applies to the horizontal direction (ex. a rocket going straight up at 1400kts and 70,000 ft might not be restricted). This would make...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 10th 14 09:20 PM
Things are looking up in the skies by Fluximous Fernansit Smith
I have seen 26 sats and tracked 22 within the last 24 hours. Not for long but it was there. If this silly receiver would track all 3 visible WAAS sats, it would have been 28 and 25 viewed and tracked. Better days than when I started using GPS. FFS
September 2nd 14 08:31 PM
by Fluximous Fernansit Smith Go to last post
0 375
NMEAgent - update been a LONG time coming by Fluximous Fernansit Smith
About 10 years ago or more (I really don't remember), I started writing a program called NMEAgent. By its name, you might can tell it reads NMEA data and makes various plots, graphs and text output. I recently found some time and updated it to add new features and fix some long standing irritations. It graphs GPS and Glonass SVs and optionally draws the track of where they go. It really shows...
August 27th 14 07:44 AM
by Fluximous Fernansit Smith Go to last post

From The