BlueChart Pacific Update V6.5 by Mark Zak
Hi All The update (CD) of BlueCharts Pacific from V6.0 to V6.5 completed successfully and I now have access, it seems, to two versions, the old V6.0 and the newly installed V6.5. However, when I select in the 'Select Product' window the updated version, the Map Properties (the charts) are still showing Pacific Blue V.6 only. Should I be expecting to see Charts v6.5 and if so, where did I go...
August 10th 04 11:53 PM
by Stavros Go to last post
6 187
Ooops... NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004094 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.nnu? http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.oa1? http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004094 SUBJ: SVN39 (PRN09) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 229/1200 - JDAY 230/0000 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTMX NANU NUMBER: 2004094 NANU DTG: 092148Z AUG 2004 ...
August 10th 04 09:53 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 171
Current GPS Satellite Data -- Document last modified Monday, 09-Aug-04 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://http://earth-info.nima.mil/GandG/sathtml/satinfo.html http://http://earth-info.nima.mil/GandG/sathtml/gpsdoc2002.01.txt U N C L A S S I F I E D A B C D E F +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+ 1 | 09/39 | 16/56 | 06/36 | 24/24 | 20/51 | 14/41 | +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+ ...
August 10th 04 09:49 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 145
Legend USB converter by Mike O'Brien
I purchased a converter to convert serial to USB for my Legend. I have tried it on three computers and they will not recognize the connection. The converter cam with no instructions or software. Unfortunately I purchased it at Best Buy and lost the packaging so they will not take it back. Is it possible to use a serial to USB with the Legend? Thanks. -- Regards. Mike O'Brien
August 10th 04 08:26 PM
by Mike O'Brien Go to last post
3 187
Emap disassembly by RaginCajun
Does anyone have any experience disassembling an emap? I have a problem with mine that appears to be a cracked circuit board or bad solder joint(s). I can't figure out how to take the back cover off without damaging it. Thanks in advance, Paul
August 10th 04 06:50 PM
by RaginCajun Go to last post
0 125
Mexico by DStromberg
Is Mexico mapped well enough that a GPS of any kind will help with navigation?
August 10th 04 05:32 PM
by Alan Browne Go to last post
3 177
NG Topo & GPS V Waypoint Issue by David Levine
I'm a new National Geogrpahic Topo user and I have a Garmin GPS V. I downloaded and installed the latest program update off the NG site which brings Topo to 3.4.3. I have an issue when importing waypoints into Topo from the V. I have the GPS settings in the program set for Garmin / GPS V but the waypoints are stopping after 2 (of 55) and displaying a message that there was a communications...
August 10th 04 03:58 PM
by Tom H. Go to last post
1 140
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004095-96 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.nnu? http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.oa1? http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm 2004095------------------------ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004095 SUBJ: SVN25 (PRN25) UNUSABLE JDAY 223/1247 - UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE 1. NANU TYPE: UNUSUFN NANU NUMBER: 2004095 NANU DTG: 101255Z...
August 10th 04 03:32 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 123
NEW COOPERATIVE COORS SITES by Sam Wormley
August 9, 2004 FOUR COOPERATIVE COORS SITES AVAILABLE AT PIERCE COUNTY, WA Recently, four new sites (LNGB, PRDY, THUN, and YELM) have been added to the Cooperative CORS network at Pierce County, WA. For more information check the Web page at: http://icicle.co.pierce.wa.us/corsweb/
August 10th 04 03:31 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
2 171
Keyboard Problems by Roger Mundy
Has anyone else noticed since upgrading to firmware version 3.50 for the 76C & 76CS that the punctuation, "&" sign, and ability to get to the screen with small letters no longer work. At least on my 76CS they dont. The letters and numbers work fine. Roger
August 10th 04 02:54 PM
by Roger Mundy Go to last post
0 138
Odometer reset query for Geko 201 by Osugeography
Is it possible for a user to reset the overall (not the trip) odometer for the Geko 201? Couldn't find it here or in the manual. Thanks! Even if you embarrass me by pointing out how I missed it. Surely they're not like motor vehicles, where it is illegal to reset the odometer... Marvin
August 10th 04 02:51 PM
by Osugeography Go to last post
2 185
Memory availible in 76CS by Per Lundman
How can I find out memory usage availible in my 76CS ? regards Per
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 10th 04 01:12 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
32 635
Battery question? by GSV Three Minds in a Can
Bitstring , from the wonderful person Hamish McStill said How much difference does it make between using 1800mAh and 2200mAh rechargeables? Just as much as you would expect. However you are behind the power curve there .. Ansmann (and maybe others?) are up to at least 2400mAhr in AA now. Just make sure your charger can recharge...
August 10th 04 10:59 AM
by GSV Three Minds in a Can Go to last post
0 170
SPIII Screen by Dave M
I hve a small scratch on the screen of my SP3. Any ideas how to hid or fix? -- Dave Mabo
August 10th 04 10:40 AM
by Shaw Goh \(NetPlus Micro Computers\) Go to last post
1 149
Tidal info from GPS by Matt Lang
Guys, I have a GPS V which has moon phases .. they are useless to me but Id like to know when the tide is in and out at the actual postion. Can the tide be estimated from the moon info from the GPS? From what I remember the moon causes the tide to come in and out... so I am wondering if there is a really simple relationship or if its more complicated...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 10th 04 10:37 AM
by Sam Nelson Go to last post
29 638
Battery question? by S Frank
They would last approximately 22.2% longer assuming all other battery characteristics are the same. -- Shane "Hamish McStill" wrote in message ... How much difference does it make between using 1800mAh and 2200mAh
August 10th 04 01:39 AM
by S Frank Go to last post
0 132
knowledge is power by mostafa dia
Space and time ------------------------------- There are two theories or convictions centered around the existence or creation of our present universe,and life altogether: The first one is a scientific approach,which is not yet proven,and is doubted by a great many number of religious and non_religious believers. The second one is a spiritual belief,that is not...
August 9th 04 10:05 PM
by GSV Three Minds in a Can Go to last post
2 145
Problems with Garmin GPS III plus by dan
I'm having a problem with my III plus GPS. When I power it up, the screen turns solid black. If I press the power button again, the backlight comes on, but the screen is still totally black. It's as if every pixel is on (meaning black in this case). I've tried replacing the batteries, but it did no good. Has anyone ever had this problem? Any suggestions? thanks
August 9th 04 09:53 PM
by ED Go to last post
4 168
Help:converting Mapsend .trk track files - Mapsource .gdb files by ed maurer
I use my GPS mainly for biking and sailing, occasionally in the car. When my Meridian Platinum (including the BlueNav Europe SD Card) went over board recently, i switched to a GPSmap 60 C mainly because of the shortcomings of the BlueNav maps. Now i have quite a lot of biking tracks in the Magellan Mapsend .trk format and want to convert/import them to Garmin Mapsource .gdb format. I tried to do...
August 9th 04 09:49 PM
by Eikka Uikkanen Go to last post
1 156
Rechargable batteries by Dennis Croll
I have a Garmin etrex vista. I would like to buy some rechargable batteries and a charger. Is there anything special I should look for in the charger or the batteries.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 9th 04 07:05 PM
by H.W. Stockman Go to last post

From The