Problems with Garmin GPS III plus by dan
I'm having a problem with my III plus GPS. When I power it up, the screen turns solid black. If I press the power button again, the backlight comes on, but the screen is still totally black. It's as if every pixel is on (meaning black in this case). I've tried replacing the batteries, but it did no good. Has anyone ever had this problem? Any suggestions? thanks
August 9th 04 08:53 PM
by ED Go to last post
4 196
Help:converting Mapsend .trk track files - Mapsource .gdb files by ed maurer
I use my GPS mainly for biking and sailing, occasionally in the car. When my Meridian Platinum (including the BlueNav Europe SD Card) went over board recently, i switched to a GPSmap 60 C mainly because of the shortcomings of the BlueNav maps. Now i have quite a lot of biking tracks in the Magellan Mapsend .trk format and want to convert/import them to Garmin Mapsource .gdb format. I tried to do...
August 9th 04 08:49 PM
by Eikka Uikkanen Go to last post
1 217
Rechargable batteries by Dennis Croll
I have a Garmin etrex vista. I would like to buy some rechargable batteries and a charger. Is there anything special I should look for in the charger or the batteries.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 9th 04 06:05 PM
by H.W. Stockman Go to last post
24 689
ION NES: 35th Meeting August 25 at MITRE, BEDFORD, MA by Jon Parmet
New England Section of the Institute of Navigation Announcement of the 35th Meeting Wednesday, August 25, 2004 at the MITRE Corporation, Bedford, MA Presentation by Mr. Alan Zorn Dept. of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Stanford University Navigation of Strategic Submarines
August 9th 04 01:20 PM
by Jon Parmet Go to last post
0 211
SiRF data collection utility by ked
Hi, I use a Dell Axim5 (Mobile 2003) and a compact flash GPS card (uses a SiRFstar IIe/lp chipset) to collect GPS data. The commercial packages I have used don't have many of the features I need. Does anybody know of a program utility which will allow me to capture SiRF sentences for differential correction? I've found some viewing utilities but no capture utilities.
August 9th 04 11:55 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
1 188
American etrex in europe by Yum
I've gotten a etrex legend with american base map. Can I use it in europe by just adding european metroguide, or do I need to replace basemap ? I would like to see street level map. TIA
August 9th 04 11:49 AM
by David Lee Go to last post
5 280
City Navigator Australia by Mark Zak
G'day All I am looking at buying City Navigator Australia for GPSMap 276C (I already have MetroGuide Australia) and would appreciate comments/views, i.e., how detailed it is in cities versus country areas and any other information you may have. Thanking in anticipation Mark Zak
August 9th 04 03:14 AM
by Peter Go to last post
5 240
Beta testers wanted for C++ Library for Garmin Protcol by Bruce Stemplewski
I am looking for Beta testers of GarXface a C++ library for the Garmin protocol. The new version of GarXface now supports USB communication to the GPS. Interested parties should have experience in C++. They should preferably have access to a Garmin GPS that has a USB port. I will send you a free version of Grxface to use for your personal use, to show my appreciation for testing. I am...
August 9th 04 01:08 AM
by Bruce Stemplewski Go to last post
0 156
GPS For Sale by Nelis
I've got a nice setup for sale. Only used it a few times...it's in great condition. I checked out prices on the web, looks like it's going for: Garmin GPSmap 76S - $300 Mapsource Metroguide USA (Version 5) - $115 Nylon Case - $12 Belkin USB/Serial Cable - $25 Handlebar Mount - $15 Total - $467
August 9th 04 12:30 AM
by Richard Ness Go to last post
1 234
V6 data update? Maube by LouW
HI, I called Garmin tech support for some help then asked if the tech could check to see if my address is correct yet. It wasn't. It is only about 35 years old and I have been sending in corrections since I first bought the eMap way back when. Not a major thing but it does put the $150 update a bit lower on my list of goodies to buy. Warm Regards,
August 8th 04 11:59 PM
by LouW Go to last post
0 184
Garmin posts 76C & 76CS 3.50 firmware updaters by Stuart Middleton-White
For those that prefer the number 76 in their update filenames I just got an email from Garmin announcing the release of the 76C and 76CS 3.50 firmware updates. http://www.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00352-00 http://www.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00353-00 ---
August 8th 04 09:28 PM
by Stuart Middleton-White Go to last post
4 183
[ANN] MacGPS Pro supports BSB 4 and Stentec Nautical charts by Lawrence James
James Associates announces the release of MacGPS Pro version 5.1.0. MacGPS Pro now supports Maptech, Digital Ocean, Maptrax, and many other BSB 4 charts in both Mac OS X and Classic. In addition, MacGPS Pro now supports the popular DKW1800-Series-Complete Digital Charts of the Dutch coastal waters by Stentec. MacGPS Pro is a Macintosh software program for communicating with GPS receivers and...
August 8th 04 06:53 PM
by Lawrence James Go to last post
0 178
simple freeware to record coordinates? by Lee Carkenord
I don't want to ever hook my GPS to my PC. However, I do accumulate a lot of landmarks/waypoints in it. I do NO mapping. I'm looking for some really simple freeware. I want to be able to periodically sit down at a keyboard and type into some simple freeware program the pertinent data about my landmarks. Date, datum, co-ordinates,elevation, notes........stuff like that. This would enable...
August 8th 04 06:20 PM
by Eric Collins Go to last post
6 266
Problems with DeLorme Earthmate USB COM driver? by Carsten Kurz
Scott en Aztlan schrieb: Perhaps the DeLorme driver does not support overlapped I/O? Perhaps this thread is more than a year old? - carsten -- Audio Visual Systems fon: +49 (0)2234 601886 Carsten Kurz fax: +49 (0)2234 601887
August 8th 04 05:37 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
1 204
New Unit by Tjmac
I recently gave my Magellan 315 to my son. I am looking to purchase anew unit. Any suggestions for a comparable model would be appreciated! Tjmac
August 8th 04 05:04 PM
by zulutime Go to last post
3 179
INDOOR Positioning: New Solutions for Challenging Applications by Pole Star
Abstract Urgency calls applications, encouraged by regulations E911/E112, recently led communication carriers to develop systems allowing a guaranteed location of mobile terminals. Location must be carried out in all the environments covered by the communication service, including the most constraining areas such as deep indoor environments. This location capability, combined with a data transfer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 8th 04 03:52 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
17 434
Magellan Mapping Software by Michael MB
Is there any software avaiable to make base maps for the Megallans?
August 8th 04 03:31 PM
by sledgehampster Go to last post
1 205
Rechargable battery back? by John Cannon
http://www.enochpower.com/ I have an old yellow GARMIN eTrex, and I came across this site while seaching for rechargable batteries. Just wondering if anyone has used this device before or has any input. Thanks. John Cannon
August 8th 04 03:25 PM
by Eric Go to last post
1 230
26xx - Saving tracks by Stavros
"Walter Wright" wrote in message ... I recently logged a problem report with Garmin (more of an enhancement request really). I suggested that it would be useful to be able to save tracklogs from the 26xx products, a facility I have become accustomed to using in my trusty eMap. The lack of a serial port means that you...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 8th 04 03:09 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
37 1,022
Sirf problem please help me!! by Fabrizio
Hello i'm fabrizio, sorry for my terribile english. I have a big problem whit a SIRF binary protocol, I read the manual but I'm not understand what is the exadecimal string that I must transmit to my gps reciver to set the output message. Actualy I recive and decode message 0x02, 0x04, 0x09 but I necessity 0x05 ,raw track data, for my thesis. I have try with message 0x80 but I send a casual...
August 8th 04 03:05 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post

From The