City Navigator Australia by Mark Zak
G'day All I am looking at buying City Navigator Australia for GPSMap 276C (I already have MetroGuide Australia) and would appreciate comments/views, i.e., how detailed it is in cities versus country areas and any other information you may have. Thanking in anticipation Mark Zak
August 9th 04 03:14 AM
by Peter Go to last post
5 153
Beta testers wanted for C++ Library for Garmin Protcol by Bruce Stemplewski
I am looking for Beta testers of GarXface a C++ library for the Garmin protocol. The new version of GarXface now supports USB communication to the GPS. Interested parties should have experience in C++. They should preferably have access to a Garmin GPS that has a USB port. I will send you a free version of Grxface to use for your personal use, to show my appreciation for testing. I am...
August 9th 04 01:08 AM
by Bruce Stemplewski Go to last post
0 107
GPS For Sale by Nelis
I've got a nice setup for sale. Only used it a few times...it's in great condition. I checked out prices on the web, looks like it's going for: Garmin GPSmap 76S - $300 Mapsource Metroguide USA (Version 5) - $115 Nylon Case - $12 Belkin USB/Serial Cable - $25 Handlebar Mount - $15 Total - $467
August 9th 04 12:30 AM
by Richard Ness Go to last post
1 156
V6 data update? Maube by LouW
HI, I called Garmin tech support for some help then asked if the tech could check to see if my address is correct yet. It wasn't. It is only about 35 years old and I have been sending in corrections since I first bought the eMap way back when. Not a major thing but it does put the $150 update a bit lower on my list of goodies to buy. Warm Regards,
August 8th 04 11:59 PM
by LouW Go to last post
0 125
Garmin posts 76C & 76CS 3.50 firmware updaters by Stuart Middleton-White
For those that prefer the number 76 in their update filenames I just got an email from Garmin announcing the release of the 76C and 76CS 3.50 firmware updates. http://www.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00352-00 http://www.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00353-00 ---
August 8th 04 09:28 PM
by Stuart Middleton-White Go to last post
4 126
[ANN] MacGPS Pro supports BSB 4 and Stentec Nautical charts by Lawrence James
James Associates announces the release of MacGPS Pro version 5.1.0. MacGPS Pro now supports Maptech, Digital Ocean, Maptrax, and many other BSB 4 charts in both Mac OS X and Classic. In addition, MacGPS Pro now supports the popular DKW1800-Series-Complete Digital Charts of the Dutch coastal waters by Stentec. MacGPS Pro is a Macintosh software program for communicating with GPS receivers and...
August 8th 04 06:53 PM
by Lawrence James Go to last post
0 109
simple freeware to record coordinates? by Lee Carkenord
I don't want to ever hook my GPS to my PC. However, I do accumulate a lot of landmarks/waypoints in it. I do NO mapping. I'm looking for some really simple freeware. I want to be able to periodically sit down at a keyboard and type into some simple freeware program the pertinent data about my landmarks. Date, datum, co-ordinates,elevation, notes........stuff like that. This would enable...
August 8th 04 06:20 PM
by Eric Collins Go to last post
6 168
Problems with DeLorme Earthmate USB COM driver? by Carsten Kurz
Scott en Aztlan schrieb: Perhaps the DeLorme driver does not support overlapped I/O? Perhaps this thread is more than a year old? - carsten -- Audio Visual Systems fon: +49 (0)2234 601886 Carsten Kurz fax: +49 (0)2234 601887
August 8th 04 05:37 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
1 117
New Unit by Tjmac
I recently gave my Magellan 315 to my son. I am looking to purchase anew unit. Any suggestions for a comparable model would be appreciated! Tjmac
August 8th 04 05:04 PM
by zulutime Go to last post
3 107
INDOOR Positioning: New Solutions for Challenging Applications by Pole Star
Abstract Urgency calls applications, encouraged by regulations E911/E112, recently led communication carriers to develop systems allowing a guaranteed location of mobile terminals. Location must be carried out in all the environments covered by the communication service, including the most constraining areas such as deep indoor environments. This location capability, combined with a data transfer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 8th 04 03:52 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
17 248
Magellan Mapping Software by Michael MB
Is there any software avaiable to make base maps for the Megallans?
August 8th 04 03:31 PM
by sledgehampster Go to last post
1 123
Rechargable battery back? by John Cannon
http://www.enochpower.com/ I have an old yellow GARMIN eTrex, and I came across this site while seaching for rechargable batteries. Just wondering if anyone has used this device before or has any input. Thanks. John Cannon
August 8th 04 03:25 PM
by Eric Go to last post
1 149
26xx - Saving tracks by Stavros
"Walter Wright" wrote in message ... I recently logged a problem report with Garmin (more of an enhancement request really). I suggested that it would be useful to be able to save tracklogs from the 26xx products, a facility I have become accustomed to using in my trusty eMap. The lack of a serial port means that you...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 8th 04 03:09 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
37 630
Sirf problem please help me!! by Fabrizio
Hello i'm fabrizio, sorry for my terribile english. I have a big problem whit a SIRF binary protocol, I read the manual but I'm not understand what is the exadecimal string that I must transmit to my gps reciver to set the output message. Actualy I recive and decode message 0x02, 0x04, 0x09 but I necessity 0x05 ,raw track data, for my thesis. I have try with message 0x80 but I send a casual...
August 8th 04 03:05 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
1 127
diference between profecional and recreational by radiocomo
what is the diference between a profecional gps like promark II and recreational gps like magellan GPS330? I i have a promark II, can i conectc a map 330 to a pc an use it as a reference or base station?
August 8th 04 02:52 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
2 128
Garmin 276C "Protective Cover"? by Karl Juul
Has anyone used a Garmin "protective cover" (not case)? It looks like a soft plastic cover that snaps over the display: http://shop.garmin.com/accessory.jsp?sku=010%2D10492%2D00 I'm considering getting one to use to protect the display from scratches and also to conceal the unit while mounted on a motorcycle...the blatant Garmin logo would have to be obscured, though. Has anyone seen one of...
August 8th 04 09:54 AM
by Burnie M Go to last post
2 146
City Navigator v5.x vs v6.x by BOHICA
I've had my 2610 for about 2 1/2 weeks now. Overall I am quite satisfied with the unit. My 2610 shipped with City Navigator v5. Yesterday I received an email from Garmin telling me about the release of v6. The message said I could either download or order the CD ROM at no charge BUT the unlock codes for full access would cost me $150.00. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel that since I just purchased...
August 8th 04 08:17 AM
by INDUTRADE Go to last post
9 197
New GPS Frequency Question by Scott Darling
Hello all, I am considering purchasing my first GPS and have read that, by 2005, three new civilian GPS frequency's will be added. My question is two fold... are hand held GPS units meant to be able to utilize all these new frequency's or are these new frequency's more for specialty use? ie. aircraft, watercraft, etc. and secondly, if all three will be accessible by hand held units, are
August 8th 04 12:36 AM
by Phil Wheeler Go to last post
5 148
Auto routing with eTrex legend C by Yum
I am confused with Garmin MapSource. According to Garmin's eTrex Legend Color's web page, the GPS is capable of auto-routing. However, the compatibility table shows City Select North America, it does not have Metro Guide USA in the list. For B/W legend, it lists Metro Guide, not City Select. My question is whether I can use Metro Guide USA with Legend Color, or not. If the answer is "yes",...
August 7th 04 05:50 PM
by Yum Go to last post
3 170
GPS-GALILEO AGREEMENT PROGRESS REPORT DISCUSSION by Sam Wormley
August 4, 2004 GPS-GALILEO AGREEMENT PROGRESS REPORT DISCUSSION Institute Of Navigation (ION) DC Section Meeting Speakers Forum with Ralph Braibanti, Director of the Department of State's Office of Advanced Technology DATE: Tuesday, August 24, 2004
August 7th 04 03:20 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post

From The