diference between profecional and recreational by radiocomo
what is the diference between a profecional gps like promark II and recreational gps like magellan GPS330? I i have a promark II, can i conectc a map 330 to a pc an use it as a reference or base station?
August 8th 04 02:52 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
2 237
Garmin 276C "Protective Cover"? by Karl Juul
Has anyone used a Garmin "protective cover" (not case)? It looks like a soft plastic cover that snaps over the display: http://shop.garmin.com/accessory.jsp?sku=010%2D10492%2D00 I'm considering getting one to use to protect the display from scratches and also to conceal the unit while mounted on a motorcycle...the blatant Garmin logo would have to be obscured, though. Has anyone seen one of...
August 8th 04 09:54 AM
by Burnie M Go to last post
2 221
City Navigator v5.x vs v6.x by BOHICA
I've had my 2610 for about 2 1/2 weeks now. Overall I am quite satisfied with the unit. My 2610 shipped with City Navigator v5. Yesterday I received an email from Garmin telling me about the release of v6. The message said I could either download or order the CD ROM at no charge BUT the unlock codes for full access would cost me $150.00. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel that since I just purchased...
August 8th 04 08:17 AM
by INDUTRADE Go to last post
9 334
New GPS Frequency Question by Scott Darling
Hello all, I am considering purchasing my first GPS and have read that, by 2005, three new civilian GPS frequency's will be added. My question is two fold... are hand held GPS units meant to be able to utilize all these new frequency's or are these new frequency's more for specialty use? ie. aircraft, watercraft, etc. and secondly, if all three will be accessible by hand held units, are
August 8th 04 12:36 AM
by Phil Wheeler Go to last post
5 259
Auto routing with eTrex legend C by Yum
I am confused with Garmin MapSource. According to Garmin's eTrex Legend Color's web page, the GPS is capable of auto-routing. However, the compatibility table shows City Select North America, it does not have Metro Guide USA in the list. For B/W legend, it lists Metro Guide, not City Select. My question is whether I can use Metro Guide USA with Legend Color, or not. If the answer is "yes",...
August 7th 04 05:50 PM
by Yum Go to last post
3 246
GPS-GALILEO AGREEMENT PROGRESS REPORT DISCUSSION by Sam Wormley
August 4, 2004 GPS-GALILEO AGREEMENT PROGRESS REPORT DISCUSSION Institute Of Navigation (ION) DC Section Meeting Speakers Forum with Ralph Braibanti, Director of the Department of State's Office of Advanced Technology DATE: Tuesday, August 24, 2004
August 7th 04 03:20 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 186
Add-on to GPS phones? by Andreas van Hooijdonk
Found this article in SmallTimes about "anisotropic magneto-resistive (AMR) sensors. http://www.smalltimes.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=8196 Nowhere in the article GPS is mentioned. But pointing a handheld with compass in whatever direction, does not make much sense to me, if the handheld does not know exactly where it is situated. Any-one an idea? -- Andreas van...
August 7th 04 12:24 PM
by mUs1Ka Go to last post
6 362
Garmin 60CS and EGNOS by Simon Long
Hi All, Well, after weighing up the pros and cons, I weakened and ordered a Garmin 60CS to replace my Vista. It arrived yesterday, and I updated the firmware to the latest 3.43 beta, installed MapSource 6.3, and got stuck in... It's a nice unit. The only thing I miss from the Vista is the short cut menu to jump between specific pages, but I may just not have found that function yet. The screen...
August 7th 04 12:15 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
9 377
WTD: MMN Cairngorms by Steven Gerrard
Hi Anyone have a second hand copy of the Memory Map Cairngorms CD they are willing to sell? Cheerz
August 7th 04 11:21 AM
by Steven Gerrard Go to last post
0 168
Current GPS Satellite Data - 4 Aug 2004 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://http://earth-info.nima.mil/GandG/sathtml/satinfo.html http://http://earth-info.nima.mil/GandG/sathtml/gpsdoc2002.01.txt U N C L A S S I F I E D A B C D E F +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+ 1 | 09/39 | 16/56 | 06/36 | 24/24 | 20/51 | 14/41 | +-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+ ...
August 7th 04 02:54 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 150
saving tracks by vince
Over a 2500 mile trip the only way I could figure to save tracks was to save 300 mile segments. Depending on the road design, straight vs. curves. Is there another way? Thanks.
August 7th 04 12:51 AM
by Stan Gosnell Go to last post
3 191
Cable TV -- Man with GPS and U.S. topos locates hidden ponds? by Lee Gotcher
This message is in regards to a short news clip broadcast either Saturday July 31 or Sunday August 1, 2004 on cable TV. The story was of a man who drives around the country with a topographic map and a GPS to find hidden water ponds that are not known to the public. When he finds a hidden pond he usually celebrates by going for a swim in it. He has written 3 books about the subject, basically...
August 7th 04 12:42 AM
by Chuck Taylor Go to last post
4 256
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004090-93 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.nnu? http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.oa1? http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm 2004090------------------------ NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004090 SUBJ: SVN60 (PRN23) FORECAST OUTAGE JDAY 218/1830 - JDAY 219/0630 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTDV NANU NUMBER: 2004090 NANU DTG: 292043Z...
August 7th 04 12:29 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 196
Improved fixed route download software for Garmin 60CS and similar receivers by [email protected]
Jonas Lonnroth wrote: Also with the garmin iQue, there is need for a means to download a route from Mapsource to the GPS. Could this software be adopted to the iQue also? All the software does is to modify MapSource GDB files. The resulting ..GDB files may well work with the iQue anyway, assuming it has the same
August 6th 04 09:21 PM
by Jonas Lonnroth Go to last post
2 240
Blue Chart update free or not? by Bruce Stemplewski
Got an email from Garmin saying I was entitled to a free update to my BlueChart CD. They have you go to this link: http://www.garmin.com/unlock/ where they say you can fill out a form but I see no such form. All I see is a chart saying the unlock code is $75. So what is the deal the updated CD is free but I have to pay for an unlock code again?
August 6th 04 05:26 PM
by George Pinson Go to last post
3 192
SPIII Maps and Base Map by Kahuna
Had some problems over the last few months with my SPIII coming up with the 'This route does not match your maps' error. That was even when all routes were clearly on the map set installed. New install of Mapsource and the Mapping CD v6 together with a clear out of the routes and map card seemed to solve the problem. Changing the card today to a 256 mb unit (just arrived moments ago) and...
August 6th 04 03:36 PM
by Kahuna Go to last post
2 178
Best holder for GPS 60C? by Normand Choinière
We are a group of 60CS owners and we all have adopted Ram Mounts for both our cars and ATVs. Far superior, solid, cheaper, flexible than any other system. There is also a life guaranty! By the way we all have 12 volts connector in our cars and ATVs. NC Le Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:35:32 +0100, Richard a écrit :
August 6th 04 02:33 PM
by Normand Choinière Go to last post
0 176
Using GPS to acquire time by Moirke
Is it possible to aquire reasonably accurate time when the GPS can only connect with one satellite? If so does anyone know any commercial receivers that will do this? Thanks -- Moirke --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 6th 04 01:49 PM
by Richard Lemay Go to last post
16 450
xlmage on 60CS?? by Todd
I see that xlmage can be uploaded and installed on 60CS with version 3.50. Can anyone please tell me what kind of sw that is, and what i expected to do? Thanks Todd
August 6th 04 11:45 AM
by Family Guy Go to last post
3 240
Improved fixed route download software for Garmin 60CS and similar receivers by Simon Long
Hi All, I've been doing a lot of work over the last week on being able to download an autogenerated route from MapSource to my 60CS - the default behaviour when downloading a route is for the start and end points to transfer, along with any user vias, and for the 60CS to either connect the points with straight lines or to autoroute between the points. I don't have CitySelect, so I have no...
August 6th 04 09:45 AM
by Jonas Lonnroth Go to last post

From The