Unwanted tracks from Meridian GPS by ttvnol
I use a Magellan Meridian with OziEx. I always get unwanted tracks connecting from the place it turned off to the place it turned back on. The same tracks appear on OziEx when I download tracks to my PC. Will the group members advise me how to: - Avoid the unwanted tracks appearing on my Meridian screen - Delete the unwanted tracks on PC after downloading to OziEx Thank you
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 5th 04 11:49 PM
by Surendar Jeyadev Go to last post
29 666
GPS found its way into Telemedicine. by Andreas van Hooijdonk
The whole story (not too long) can be found he http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com/telemedicine.html -- Andreas van Hooijdonk http://www.gps-practice-and-fun.com
August 5th 04 11:07 PM
by Andreas van Hooijdonk Go to last post
0 133
Map of birdview xanavi by polonia
I need CD whith map of Spain for my nav Birdview of xanavi. Help me where can I download it. Grazie -- dante200 Inviato da www.mynewsgate.net
August 5th 04 09:51 PM
by polonia Go to last post
0 137
Exporting city coordinates from Garmin MapSource by Pascal Damian
From what I've read, Garmin MapSource is pretty popular. Would it be possible to export the list of all cities with their coordinates and their countries, from Garmin MapSource to a text file? Otherwise, will I be able to extract it myself? Is the format of the map data proprietary? -- Pascal
August 5th 04 08:29 PM
by David Lee Go to last post
2 130
FREE battery cover for Garmin SPIII by yabadabado
I'm re posting this because I forgot the magic word FREE in the subject line I have an extra battery cover for a Street Pilot 3. I can't use it if you need it email the address below. USPS Priority postage of $5.00 US and it's yours. please mention "garmin battery cover" in subject line
August 5th 04 08:07 PM
by yabadabado Go to last post
0 171
Garmin EMAP - Info by Dave Caranci
I did a bit of digging on this EMAP thing: Here is the info page: http://www.garmin.com/products/emap/ I clicked on 'product comparison' with the Garmin GPSMAP 60C (pretty nice one that was just released) - below is the chart. - The EMAP can use map cartidges but they are sort of expensive (100 bucks each for 128MB card). - slightly bigger screen (0.2" wider) but lower resolution and not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 5th 04 07:41 PM
by Peter Go to last post
16 372
Turn Tracks to Trails by HH
Hi, I went hiking yesterday on a popular trail in Banff, Canada. I recorded the point of interest along with the trail's tracks. Now, is there a way for me to turn those tracks into trails use MapSource to upload it to the GPS along with other MapSource maps in MetroGuide Canada?
August 5th 04 06:39 PM
by Tom Morrison Go to last post
3 229
Why are some GPSs so much better than others? by Gavin Scott
Peter wrote: I have a Honeywell KLN94B panel-mounted GPS which I have been flying with for 350 hours and it has been 100% perfect, with even the altitude being within 20ft of true airfield elevation most of the time. Are you sure it *isn't* reporting pressure altitude? I'm out of touch with that market, but IIRC at least the early Aviation GPS...
August 5th 04 06:25 PM
by Gavin Scott Go to last post
0 116
creating routes with map - Legend C, Vista C, 60C, 76C by John Bell
One of the things that I really like about the Garmin mapping GPS receivers is the ease in which a route can be created using the map. I just got a Vista C and love it. I had a little trouble getting this feature to work on the Venture C and a 60C that I had played with at a local boating store. I eventually found the trick and thought that I would pass it along. It works well, but I was...
August 5th 04 06:11 PM
by John Bell Go to last post
2 151
Updates for Garmin GPSMAP 76C/CS, Legend C, Vista C by Allory Deiss
GPSMAP 76C software version 3.50 as of August 5, 2004** Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.50: Added support for xImage software. Improved track log recording in Auto mode. Increased the size of the compass pointer on the Compass page. Enabled the compass pointer to be shown while navigating a Follow Road route. Added a progress indicator when calculating a Follow Road route. Increased...
August 5th 04 05:11 PM
by Allory Deiss Go to last post
0 139
Manually Creating tracks in OziExplorer by Sean Bartleet
Hi, I have scanned a map and calibrated it in OziExplorer. I used three points to calibrate the map. When I upload a track that should be on the map the track loads up in the right place. I am having problems manually creating a track in OziExplorer. When I select the "Manually create track points" button on the Track control toolbar track points are created but are being created somewhere over...
August 5th 04 12:09 PM
by Trevor S Go to last post
8 290
Can MapSource IMG files be pruned? by David Lee
Just occured to me that a large amount of precious memory in my Vista is being eaten up by data that I shall never use. Is it possible to remove POI information, house numbers etc from Metroguide Europe files and recompile into a more compact form so that I can upload a larger area of useful mapping? If I have time I'll have a ferret around myself this weekend but some pointers from those...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 5th 04 12:02 PM
by Keith Sheppard Go to last post
10 316
Does anybody know who makes this? by Carsten Kurz
themanwhocan schrieb: Hi I am interested in one of these but the seller is a little vague in letting me know who makes it and what the specs are. Any help would be great. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4668&item=5713521990 Never seen that before. The xTrac autoswitching is interesting, but
August 5th 04 11:06 AM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
8 249
European versions of CitySelect vs MetroGuide for the Garmin GPSMAP 60CS by David
Hi, I'm considering buying a 60CS for autorouting use in the UK and I'm confused about the differences between the European versions of CitySelect vs MetroGuide. Anyone care to enlighten me on which is better ? Many thanks,
August 5th 04 09:32 AM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
9 285
Wild position swings with a Garmin eTrex Legend by dreamcachers
Last week, while climbing Mt. Belford in Colorado, my eTrex Legend went crazy. Although the sat page showed 5 satellites locked and an epe of 36 feet, the elevation started swinging up and down about a thousand feet and the position jumped around by about a quarter mile. The oscillation period was about 20 seconds. This went on for about 10 minutes. Finally, I turned off the unit and then...
August 5th 04 09:27 AM
by Walter Wright Go to last post
4 211
Garmin GPSMAP 60C/60CS update to 3.50 by Allory Deiss
GPSMAP 60C software version 3.50 as of August 4, 2004** Changes made from version 3.30 to 3.50: Added support for xImage software. Improved track log recording in Auto mode. Increased the size of the compass pointer on the Compass page. Enabled the compass pointer to be shown while navigating a Follow Road route. Added a progress indicator when calculating a Follow Road route. Increased...
August 5th 04 07:52 AM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
9 275
Metroguide + 60CS by Wim
Any idea how I should download the Mapsource Metroguides into the Garmin 60 CS? I have been looking everywhere, but couldn' t find the solution. Thanks. Wim
August 5th 04 07:43 AM
by Anders Persson Go to last post
7 247
laptop gps by csp
I am new to GPS and would very much like to find out how to go about using my laptop for sat nav, I currently have a HP laptop with XP and I have a copy of MS Autoroute 2004 which is very useful. I would like to find a way to use my laptop to sat nav on road journeys. Any advice on products and solutions would be very welcome, along with details of good suppliers in the uk. Regards
August 5th 04 07:17 AM
by Darren Griffin - PocketGPS Go to last post
2 184
Garmin GPSMAP 60/76/96 C/CS find city outside base map workaround by Hans-Georg Michna
Just wanted to mention that there is a semi-workaround for the defect in these devices in the find city function. It does not work outside the main base map area. I am not sure whether the workaround works in all of these devices, I tested it only on the 76C. But since they are quite similar, I guess it works on the others as well. The defect is that these devices do not use loaded maps to...
August 5th 04 07:12 AM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
4 212
GPS and XM radio by Don B
This may be a touch off subject, but I don't think the tech support people at XM radio are familiar with a GPS like the SPIII so I'll ask here. Does anyone on the group use a satellite radio while they have their Streetpilot running, and if so does either interfere with the other? I ask because I have read that sometimes using two GPS units close to one another will cause...
August 5th 04 04:44 AM
by Isaiah Beard Go to last post

From The