Is the Speed of Light Variable? by Sam Wormley
Is the Speed of Light Variable? http://www.colorado.edu/philosophy/vstenger/Briefs/c.pdf
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 3rd 04 04:38 AM
by Annapress Go to last post
37 713
Legend and Vista C: can they connect to a PDA ? by Antonio R. Franco
Since the new Legend and Vista C have only USB connections, I believe that it will be impossible to connect either of these units to a PDA, since they lack the serial port, and has the same type of "client" type of USB connection like the PDA's themself. Any comments ?
August 3rd 04 03:00 AM
by Stan Gosnell Go to last post
4 205
2610 CF pins bent questions by Frank
It appears that two end pins at the bottom of CF slot on my Garmin 2610 are bent. It is possible I can disassemble the unit and straighten them or should I just send it back to Garmin?? thanks Frank
August 3rd 04 01:52 AM
by Frank Go to last post
3 192
SPIII detour function by bk
I thought my SPIII had a function to calculate a 'detour' around construction or accidents. In fact, I thought I remembered using it last year on a trip. I haven't been able to find it again (if I ever did). There's no mention of it in the manual. On a recent trip, I was able to detour around some construction by having it recalculate my route changing 'fastest' to 'shortest'. I assume I...
August 3rd 04 12:11 AM
by Erosion Go to last post
3 185
Announce: Free Caribbean maps for Garmin GPS receivers by Richard Smith
http://rwsmaps.griffel.se/
August 3rd 04 12:06 AM
by Richard Smith Go to last post
0 368
power measurements with eT Venture by Lju
Hi, I have made some power measurements with my eT Venture (current drawn from batteries, battery saver, battery type selector) Look at: http://www.volny.cz/lju/venture/power.htm Comments appreciated. Ludvik
August 2nd 04 11:05 PM
by Markus Falb Go to last post
1 151
postprocessing for dummies with PAGE-NT & PAGES by Paul Hirose
Since I don't have a web site, I'm posting this to the newsgroup so it will be in the Googol archive for the benefit of other hobbyists. Most of this I learned by trial and (much) error. The U.S. National Geodetic Survey's PAGE-NT software does professional quality GPS postprocessing and may be downloaded for free. It computes several types of solutions. Pseudorange point solutions and...
August 2nd 04 10:44 PM
by Paul Hirose Go to last post
0 183
TK: GPS Garmin GPSMap 60C incl. CitySelect & BleuChart by The Boss
Te koop (wegens aankoop 2610) GPSMap 60C http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsmap60c/ perfecte nieuwstaat en nog in garantie tot maart 2005 inclusief complete autokit: a.. autosteun b.. beanbag c.. CitySelect 6.0
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 2nd 04 10:12 PM
by Manitou Go to last post
13 342
Listening to the Universe From a Feed 500 Meters High by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://www.gpsworld.com/gpsworld/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=105039 Listening to the Universe From a Feed 500 Meters High Researchers stand at the brink of understanding the origin and evolution of the Universe, brought there by new developments in all fields of astronomy. Radio telescopes play a key role in this exploration by providing insight into the composition, structure,...
August 2nd 04 10:08 PM
by mitch perkins Go to last post
9 288
External antenna for GPS V by Peter Fjelsten
Guys at sci.geo.satellite-nav, Does anybody have any experience with any of the following external antennas for the GPS V? * MK4 (BS-2) http://www.gps4less.co.uk/bs2info.htm * SM19 http://www.gps-garmin.nl/body_antenne_s.html * Titan III http://www.thegpsstore.com/detail.asp?product_id=TM200
August 2nd 04 08:45 PM
by Karl Juul Go to last post
1 192
2610-Viosual turn prompts by LouW
Hi, Can the visual turn prompts in the 2610 be turned off. I like the directional arrow with the decreasing distance much better. Warm Regards, Lou ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August 2nd 04 05:22 PM
by Seagull Go to last post
1 127
OPUS STATISTICS FOR JULY 2004 by Sam Wormley
August 2, 2004 OPUS STATISTICS FOR JULY 2004 OPUS (Online Positioning User Service) software processed 7,717 solutions in July 2004 corresponding to an average of 249 GPS solutions per day. There were a total of 1,590 users of which 407 were first time users. The geographic location of the most recent OPUS solutions in Continental U.S.a can be viewed graphically at:
August 2nd 04 05:19 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 127
MapSource Topo EU -will it happen? by Flemming
Hi, Has anybody heard if Garmin has plans for a European Topo map ? Almost all European countries has the information available, its 'just' a matter of buying and collecting the information... Or is there a way to download a bitmap (and calibrate it) to a Garmin 60CS ? (While cross country on mountain bike, I do not need a vector map, a bitmap would be just fine)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 2nd 04 04:50 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
11 281
Lost? by Non Toxic
"Real boy" wrote in message ... If your GPS has been misplaced but it is turned on and has a lock on 4 or more sats... IS IT LOST??? Because it has no "awareness" of itself it is still lost.
August 2nd 04 04:19 PM
by Jack Yeazel Go to last post
5 151
Lost? by Sam Wormley
Real boy wrote: If your GPS has been misplaced but it is turned on and has a lock on 4 or more sats... IS IT LOST??? It depends.
August 2nd 04 04:12 PM
by Jack Yeazel Go to last post
3 150
CA freeway information- CN5 &2610 by LouW
Hi, I have a 2610 with CN 5. I notice that many freeways in the L. A. area do not have ramp information. Is this information built into the 2610 base maps or from the CN maps that are uploaded? Warm Regards, Lou ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August 2nd 04 04:10 PM
by Seagull Go to last post
1 138
New City Select VS 6 Maps by Roger Mundy
I received my new CS 6 CD this weekend (and no I do not work for Navtech). Finally, maps that show HWY 5 going to Pontiac Trail instead of ending at 14 MIle Rd! That improves my autorouting substantially! The improvements in the detail Canadian cities show is great. Cities that before were nothing but dots, now show streets and poi's. I cant speak for other area's of the county, but CS 6 was...
August 2nd 04 04:08 PM
by Roger Mundy Go to last post
0 123
Vista C has a better antenna? by Darrel Goheen
It seems that the Vista C has a better receiving antenna that the older eTrex line. I have the Vista C laying on my desk and it is currently receiving 6 sats. and I would be lucky to receive any on the old eTrex's. -- Darrel Goheen http://www.tvnav.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 2nd 04 10:41 AM
by Searching_ut Go to last post
23 567
Downloading a full MapSource route to a 60CS - a workaround hack by Simon Long
Hi All, Having just received my 60CS, I decided I had to address the issue with full routes not being downloaded from MapSource to the GPS (just start, finish and user-defined vias). Others have suggested that they have kept an older GPS, downloaded the route to that, uploaded it to MS again and then downloaded the resulting route to the 60CS, but that seems a bit tiresome - and prevents me...
August 2nd 04 10:14 AM
by Walter Wright Go to last post
5 169
Street names on 2610 by LouW
I don't know if I am doing something wrong but often the street names are not visible. Frequently the major street name is way to the right under the tabs. Are the positions of the street names locked in place or do they move as the map scrolls. I would think it would be very useful to place the street names near the center of the route. Is this a difficult thing to do? Thanks, Warm...
August 2nd 04 07:52 AM
by LouW Go to last post

From The