Vista C has a better antenna? by Darrel Goheen
It seems that the Vista C has a better receiving antenna that the older eTrex line. I have the Vista C laying on my desk and it is currently receiving 6 sats. and I would be lucky to receive any on the old eTrex's. -- Darrel Goheen http://www.tvnav.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 2nd 04 09:41 AM
by Searching_ut Go to last post
23 658
Downloading a full MapSource route to a 60CS - a workaround hack by Simon Long
Hi All, Having just received my 60CS, I decided I had to address the issue with full routes not being downloaded from MapSource to the GPS (just start, finish and user-defined vias). Others have suggested that they have kept an older GPS, downloaded the route to that, uploaded it to MS again and then downloaded the resulting route to the 60CS, but that seems a bit tiresome - and prevents me...
August 2nd 04 09:14 AM
by Walter Wright Go to last post
5 198
Street names on 2610 by LouW
I don't know if I am doing something wrong but often the street names are not visible. Frequently the major street name is way to the right under the tabs. Are the positions of the street names locked in place or do they move as the map scrolls. I would think it would be very useful to place the street names near the center of the route. Is this a difficult thing to do? Thanks, Warm...
August 2nd 04 06:52 AM
by LouW Go to last post
0 126
Use Lat/Long to find location MapSource 6.1? by LouW
I may be missing something but I don't see a way to find a location using lat/long in Mapsource 6.1 with CN 5.0. Is this right? Thanks, Warm Regards, Lou ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August 2nd 04 06:38 AM
by LouW Go to last post
2 149
iPaq Navigation System - Update Report by Bob H
I've updated to the latest version application that was just released. New maps are nicer but a terrible hit on performance. The application is so slow it's crazy. They've basically ruined it. Clicking menu items while the gps is tracking there are horrible delays. I'm using a 3950 iPaq and have tried maps on board and on SD card and no difference. Bob
August 2nd 04 04:07 AM
by Bob H Go to last post
0 159
Looking for a good GPS add on for my PDA by John
I'm looking for the best for the money GPS add on for my ipaq 4150 that uses Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 OS. I would like to have the traditional GPS features for hiking and camping along with address to address street navigation for in car use. I know there are several to choose from and before I purchase one I would like to hear form some of you that own and use PDA GPS. All comments...
August 1st 04 11:08 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
7 254
Your ID Please by Jack Yeazel
http://gpsinformation.us/main/ID.html -- Jack Get general GPS information at: http://www.gpsinformation.net/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 1st 04 11:05 PM
by Stan Gosnell Go to last post
15 463
Garmin USB Protocol clarification? by Bruce Stemplewski
As typical of Garim their documentation of the USB Protocol is confusing and barely adequate. I guess we should just be happy that they published something. Even more typical of Garmin is that the protocol does not work the same way across all USB models. The 76C that I purchased does not use the bulk in pipe but I understand that the StreetPilot 2610 does use the bulk in pipe. In fact...
August 1st 04 10:24 PM
by Bruce Stemplewski Go to last post
4 187
Serial to USB - a suggestion! by Vic Fraenckel
For what it's worth: Hop over to http://www.oziexplorer.com/ . Click on Utilities on the left frame then scroll down to Com Port Checker and get this free utility. Run it on you computer before you attach your SerialUSB dongle and see what comports your OS thinks is on your computer. then connect up the dongle and follow the manufacturers directions to get it active. Then run Com Port Checker...
August 1st 04 07:00 PM
by Vic Fraenckel Go to last post
0 176
Conversion of Lambert Conic Conformal projected coordinates by Eikka Uikkanen
Do you have a need to convert Lambert Conic Conformal projected coordinates to some other formats (like geodetic or for some software like OziExplorer), or vice versa? Are you also willing help me to test my freeware conversion software GeoConv by doing the conversion in co-operation and testing the results? The other end can be user define coordinate list or a software from this list:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 1st 04 03:10 PM
by Eikka Uikkanen Go to last post
14 478
AMERICAN PANEL QUESTIONS GPS-GALILEO DEAL by Sam Wormley
July 26, 2004 AMERICAN PANEL QUESTIONS GPS-GALILEO DEAL An expert panel on navigation systems has questioned the recent GPS-Galileo agreement between the US Government and the European Union. See full press release at: http://www.spacedaily.com/upi/2004/0722-205908-us-gps-crn.html
August 1st 04 12:37 PM
by Jon Parmet Go to last post
2 185
GPS for Ultralights by Tony Wright
Hello, Looking to purchase a GPS for Ultralight Flying. I have a budget and really want to purchase one. Can you help with what I require. What do I need? Would like something with maps and also simple. Thank you.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 1st 04 07:46 AM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
17 442
GPS USB to Serial note by Annapress
I just posted an application note to my web site that shows novices how to use a USB-to-serial adapter to connect a GPS receiver to a Windows computer that doesn't have a serial port. I'd be interested in any feedback or corrections anyone from this newsgroup has. Feel free to use the e-mail address listed on the note or on the Contact Us page of the...
August 1st 04 05:02 AM
by TRC Go to last post
3 184
changes in GPSspecs? by Sam Wormley
Real Estate Agent wrote: "David wrote... Around 17 July my ICOM GP360 ML (Micrologic design) stopped receiving a position although it did recive all satellites in view. David: I had the same problem about that time. I tried my Garmin from two spots in Raleigh NC during the morning and had difficulty locking into a position.
August 1st 04 03:25 AM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 196
Upgrade problem (Garmin) by Jack Russell
Well, it is the weekend, I have an installation problem and Garmin is closed. What a PITA. I have an old v2.01 TOPO and need to install in on a new laptop with the latest and greatest v6.3 mapsource on top. It will not install. The old TOPO does just fine but as soon as I dump in v6.3, it errors out and will not run. I only attempted it about a dozen times. I also deleted all reference to GARMIN...
July 31st 04 10:34 PM
by Jack Russell Go to last post
0 146
More... In praise of Garmin repair by John Lamb
After 3+ years of constant clicking of my eTrex Venture's joystick, it would no longer click in certain directions, or when pushed straight in. My display would also sometimes look like a UPC barcode when the unit was powered up. I thought about simply buying a new unit, but then checked the newsgroups and found out that Garmin did repair these units for roughly half of what a new one would cost....
July 31st 04 09:30 PM
by Gilles Kohl [MVP] Go to last post
4 282
Treo with GPS by Tom Malcolm
I saw a Treo, and read on web there are add-ons that make it a GPS that auto-routes and voice announces instructions - A cell phone/PDA/GPS/Email checking device in one.. Is it too good to be true?
July 31st 04 06:32 PM
by Darren Griffin - PocketGPS Go to last post
1 155
City Select North America v5 to v6 by HH
My cousin has two GPS both installed with City Select North America v5. Can we share the cost of upgrade and he will upgrade one of his GPS to v6 and put the second one to my GPS?
July 31st 04 05:44 PM
by Phil Wheeler Go to last post
1 169
CF cards that work in the Garmin 2610? by TT
Anyone tried the Sandisk SDCFB-2048-A10 2GB CF card in their 2610? Does it work satisfactorily? It's available for less than $300. Ted
July 31st 04 02:39 PM
by TT Go to last post
5 231
how to connect DSC radio to Garmin GPS by Bob
I have a new DSC VHF marine radio with a + & - input for a GPS in NMEA format. I have my Garmin MAP76 outputting in Garmin format on RS232 to an older laptop running Mapsource on my boat as a chart plotter. I would like to get the required signal to the radio - any ideas or suggestions ? Thanks, Bob
July 31st 04 01:54 PM
by Bob Go to last post

From The