Downloading a full MapSource route to a 60CS - a workaround hack by [email protected]
There are 2 problems I was trying to address with this hack. 1) I have MetroGuide Europe, not CitySelect - I bought MG last year, and really can't afford to upgrade to CS yet. If you transfer an MG route to the 60 CS, you get the start and end points and any intermediate vias - the route doesn't even attempt to follow roads. This functionality was available using my old Vista with MG,...
July 31st 04 01:14 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
2 172
Cheap GPS Receiver with a Laptop by MARVIN GOLDBERG
Can someone recommend any cheap GPS receiver that would be used with a laptop, that would have auto routing street to street and have voice prompts? Thanks. Marc
July 31st 04 10:04 AM
by Jim-G Go to last post
8 261
A-GPS in Personal Locator AND pet, asset and car tracking devices by Andreas van Hooijdonk
Wherify will use Siemens wireless GSM technology in its next generation A-GPS Locator phone, followed by planned A-GPS location products for pets and livestock, valuable assets and cargo, and vehicles. Here is the news release http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2004/Jul/1060991.htm Who will be the first to come with an A-GPS handheld receiver? -- Andreas van Hooijdonk
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 04 09:43 AM
by Andreas van Hooijdonk Go to last post
14 430
Memory-Map (UK) new version supports Garmin USB by Joe
Changes from MM 2004 OS Edition 4.2.3 to 4.2.4 Added: Support for Garmin USB interface Revised: Installation process to improve Windows XP compatibility Revised: Printing to fix occaisional issues for W98 & Printer Settings file location Fixed: CSV / Index import with misplaced " Fixed: Map List file size for maps larger than 2Gb Navigator license change: Support for CSV text file import now...
July 31st 04 09:07 AM
by Joe Go to last post
0 144
how does vista calculate ETA by A Devrager
Last Saturday I was driving home (close to Tournai - Belgium) after a paragliding holiday in the Vosges. And as I hurt my foot in a stupid accident, I was interested to get home asap. So I swithched the Vista on and selected Navigation with one of the fields set to ETA. I was highly astonished to see that this Estimated Time of Arrival was sometimes 50% wrong. When I am 200 km from home and I...
July 31st 04 08:08 AM
by A Devrager Go to last post
6 231
ESRI ARC GIS DESKTOP V9.0 [3CD], ER MAPPER V6.4, MAPINFO PRO V7.5, TNT V6.8 MICROIMAGES, IDRISI KILIMANJARO 14.0.1, PCI GEOMATICA V9.0 - PCI GEOMATICS [6 CDs], Esri ArcGIS Desktop v 8.3 [3 CDs],ArcGIS Workstation v8.3 [2 CDs], MapObjects Java Edition by ola
ESRI ARC GIS DESKTOP V9.0 , ER MAPPER V6.4, MAPINFO PRO V7.5, TNT V6.8 MICROIMAGES, IDRISI KILIMANJARO 14.0.1, PCI GEOMATICA V9.0 - PCI GEOMATICS , Esri ArcGIS Desktop v 8.3 ,ArcGIS Workstation v8.3 , MapObjects Java Edition v2.0, ARC SDE V8.3 Client, ARC SDE V8.3 for Coverages, ARC SDE V8.3 For DB2, ARC SDE V8.3 For Oracle 8i, ARC SDE V8.3 Informix, Deneba Canvas 9 Pro GIS Scientific Ed.,...
July 31st 04 07:53 AM
by ola Go to last post
0 140
2610 Voice by BOHICA
I have a Garmin 2610 on the way due to be delivered this week. I was wondering if it uses the same voice as the SPIII? Can you change the voice? No big deal, I was just curious.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 31st 04 06:56 AM
by Someone Anonymous Go to last post
23 620
police called on GPS surveyor by Paul Hirose
Today on my radio scanner I heard a county sheriff's deputy called to check out a "suspicious person possibly conducting electronic surveillance" with an "unknown device". Fortunately another deputy immediately came on the radio to say it was a civil engineering company doing authorized work. I've read that during WW2, geodetic triangulation teams operating their target lights caused jittery...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 30th 04 11:00 PM
by Jansyn Go to last post
15 449
Accuracy - 2610 vs SPIII by BOHICA
I have both the SPIII and 2610. I've only had the 2610 for a couple of days but to me it appears the SPIII is more accurate as far as present location. I them both running side by side last night and when stopped at an intersection the SPIII showed right at the intersection where the 2610 displayed that I wasn't yet at the intersection - maybe 50-100 ft behind.
July 30th 04 08:53 PM
by Seagull Go to last post
1 145
Better RF performance, etc. in current crop of GPS receivers? by Bert Hyman
I have a Garmin eMap that's a few years old and while I'm not quite ready to replace it, I still look at the new models from time to time. Other than additional user features, some of which might actually be useful to me, are there any non-visible improvments, such as better receivers, better antennas, faster, more accurate position computatation, etc? --
July 30th 04 08:45 PM
by HH Go to last post
6 207
tester wanted: linux usb driver for garmin gps receivers by [email protected]
a first alpha version of a linux kernel driver to access garmin receivers via usb bus is available on http://sourceforge.net/projects/garmin-gps The driver contains a converter for the garmin serial protocol, so you should be able to use existing software without modification. I am currently using this driver with a GPSmap60C and gpsman.
July 30th 04 06:14 PM
iQue 3200 announced by Darrel Goheen
Garmin has just announce the iQue 3200. I'm guessing the info. will eventually be at http://www.garmin.com/products/iQue3200/ but there is nothing there yet. -- Darrel Goheen http://www.tvnav.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 30th 04 04:59 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
13 366
Garmin USB problems after updating City Select 6 by JKad
I just updated subject and everything went just fine--I thought. However, when I tried to download new maps to my 276C, mapsource couldn't locate the unit. Can anyone point me to some resources for troubleshooting USB connections? My operating system is XP Home. Thanks for any help.
July 30th 04 04:22 PM
by Carl Heinz Go to last post
3 188
Any thoughts by Michael Mackay-Blair
Thios meassage was found on another list I subscribe too. In Australia we pay about $900 AUS for a Mag MeriGold. If we import them from the US they are much much cheaper even with the crappy exchange rate. The Same applies with Garmin. One of the common excuses used by the local suppliers is the Licenses for maps and others are so expensive. Is this a case of profiteering by these companies or...
July 30th 04 12:35 PM
by Michael Mackay-Blair Go to last post
2 205
Etrex, Mapping Etc by Elwyn York
Hi Folks Whilst perusing through the newsgroup (this one I think) last night I spotted something on uploading own maps to etrex, but I've searched through both this evening and can't find anything :( Its the ones where you could create your own routeable maps as well!!! Could some kind soul who hasn't pulled their hair out yet let me know the title of the thread please :)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 30th 04 11:55 AM
by Elwyn York Go to last post
11 460
Selecting streets in MapSource by Hoshisato
I have MapSource 6.3 and City Select Europe v6 and the following "feature" gets a little annoying: When selecting a street, "Melbourne Avenue," for example, I must type "Melbourne" and not make the mistake of typing "Melbourne Avenue", or just a part of Avenue, like "Melbourne A". If I type too much (still correct though), it will show me the names starting with B, like "Melbourne Business...
July 30th 04 09:53 AM
by Hoshisato Go to last post
0 175
Best holder for GPS 60C? by Manfred Handschuher
Richard wrote: Is there a better mount for this particular GPSR? Try www.rammount.com. I've very good experience with them. Manfred
July 30th 04 07:42 AM
by Manfred Handschuher Go to last post
0 139
Searching for Topo maps by Quiet Voice
Greetings: I'm interested in locating a good source for obtaining topo maps of the northern coast of Oahu in Hawaii of a scale sufficient for hiking (preferably something on the order of 1:30K or there abouts) Any suggestions or pointers to a supplier is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 30th 04 04:41 AM
by vkd Go to last post
18 442
Garmin 2610 in Australia by Stavros
"Avsec" wrote in message snippo As anybody done an installation of the 2610 into the compartment under the radio of a Holden Commodore VT/VX. If so, would like to have a bit of a wag as to how they went about it. Thanks, Avsec
July 30th 04 01:04 AM
by Avsec Go to last post
1 176
Garmin 2620/2660 by ypauls
Does anyone know why a 2620 can't be upgraded to a dead reckoning 2660? They appear to be the same, except for the wiring harness that is installed in the vehicle. Thanks ypauls
July 30th 04 12:46 AM
by Flemming Go to last post

From The