Memory-Map (UK) new version supports Garmin USB by Joe
Changes from MM 2004 OS Edition 4.2.3 to 4.2.4 Added: Support for Garmin USB interface Revised: Installation process to improve Windows XP compatibility Revised: Printing to fix occaisional issues for W98 & Printer Settings file location Fixed: CSV / Index import with misplaced " Fixed: Map List file size for maps larger than 2Gb Navigator license change: Support for CSV text file import now...
July 31st 04 10:07 AM
by Joe Go to last post
0 132
how does vista calculate ETA by A Devrager
Last Saturday I was driving home (close to Tournai - Belgium) after a paragliding holiday in the Vosges. And as I hurt my foot in a stupid accident, I was interested to get home asap. So I swithched the Vista on and selected Navigation with one of the fields set to ETA. I was highly astonished to see that this Estimated Time of Arrival was sometimes 50% wrong. When I am 200 km from home and I...
July 31st 04 09:08 AM
by A Devrager Go to last post
6 194
ESRI ARC GIS DESKTOP V9.0 [3CD], ER MAPPER V6.4, MAPINFO PRO V7.5, TNT V6.8 MICROIMAGES, IDRISI KILIMANJARO 14.0.1, PCI GEOMATICA V9.0 - PCI GEOMATICS [6 CDs], Esri ArcGIS Desktop v 8.3 [3 CDs],ArcGIS Workstation v8.3 [2 CDs], MapObjects Java Edition by ola
ESRI ARC GIS DESKTOP V9.0 , ER MAPPER V6.4, MAPINFO PRO V7.5, TNT V6.8 MICROIMAGES, IDRISI KILIMANJARO 14.0.1, PCI GEOMATICA V9.0 - PCI GEOMATICS , Esri ArcGIS Desktop v 8.3 ,ArcGIS Workstation v8.3 , MapObjects Java Edition v2.0, ARC SDE V8.3 Client, ARC SDE V8.3 for Coverages, ARC SDE V8.3 For DB2, ARC SDE V8.3 For Oracle 8i, ARC SDE V8.3 Informix, Deneba Canvas 9 Pro GIS Scientific Ed.,...
July 31st 04 08:53 AM
by ola Go to last post
0 127
2610 Voice by BOHICA
I have a Garmin 2610 on the way due to be delivered this week. I was wondering if it uses the same voice as the SPIII? Can you change the voice? No big deal, I was just curious.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 31st 04 07:56 AM
by Someone Anonymous Go to last post
23 540
police called on GPS surveyor by Paul Hirose
Today on my radio scanner I heard a county sheriff's deputy called to check out a "suspicious person possibly conducting electronic surveillance" with an "unknown device". Fortunately another deputy immediately came on the radio to say it was a civil engineering company doing authorized work. I've read that during WW2, geodetic triangulation teams operating their target lights caused jittery...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 04 12:00 AM
by Jansyn Go to last post
15 389
Accuracy - 2610 vs SPIII by BOHICA
I have both the SPIII and 2610. I've only had the 2610 for a couple of days but to me it appears the SPIII is more accurate as far as present location. I them both running side by side last night and when stopped at an intersection the SPIII showed right at the intersection where the 2610 displayed that I wasn't yet at the intersection - maybe 50-100 ft behind.
July 30th 04 09:53 PM
by Seagull Go to last post
1 122
Better RF performance, etc. in current crop of GPS receivers? by Bert Hyman
I have a Garmin eMap that's a few years old and while I'm not quite ready to replace it, I still look at the new models from time to time. Other than additional user features, some of which might actually be useful to me, are there any non-visible improvments, such as better receivers, better antennas, faster, more accurate position computatation, etc? --
July 30th 04 09:45 PM
by HH Go to last post
6 180
tester wanted: linux usb driver for garmin gps receivers by [email protected]
a first alpha version of a linux kernel driver to access garmin receivers via usb bus is available on http://sourceforge.net/projects/garmin-gps The driver contains a converter for the garmin serial protocol, so you should be able to use existing software without modification. I am currently using this driver with a GPSmap60C and gpsman.
July 30th 04 07:14 PM
iQue 3200 announced by Darrel Goheen
Garmin has just announce the iQue 3200. I'm guessing the info. will eventually be at http://www.garmin.com/products/iQue3200/ but there is nothing there yet. -- Darrel Goheen http://www.tvnav.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 30th 04 05:59 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
13 332
Garmin USB problems after updating City Select 6 by JKad
I just updated subject and everything went just fine--I thought. However, when I tried to download new maps to my 276C, mapsource couldn't locate the unit. Can anyone point me to some resources for troubleshooting USB connections? My operating system is XP Home. Thanks for any help.
July 30th 04 05:22 PM
by Carl Heinz Go to last post
3 167
Any thoughts by Michael Mackay-Blair
Thios meassage was found on another list I subscribe too. In Australia we pay about $900 AUS for a Mag MeriGold. If we import them from the US they are much much cheaper even with the crappy exchange rate. The Same applies with Garmin. One of the common excuses used by the local suppliers is the Licenses for maps and others are so expensive. Is this a case of profiteering by these companies or...
July 30th 04 01:35 PM
by Michael Mackay-Blair Go to last post
2 173
Etrex, Mapping Etc by Elwyn York
Hi Folks Whilst perusing through the newsgroup (this one I think) last night I spotted something on uploading own maps to etrex, but I've searched through both this evening and can't find anything :( Its the ones where you could create your own routeable maps as well!!! Could some kind soul who hasn't pulled their hair out yet let me know the title of the thread please :)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 30th 04 12:55 PM
by Elwyn York Go to last post
11 402
Selecting streets in MapSource by Hoshisato
I have MapSource 6.3 and City Select Europe v6 and the following "feature" gets a little annoying: When selecting a street, "Melbourne Avenue," for example, I must type "Melbourne" and not make the mistake of typing "Melbourne Avenue", or just a part of Avenue, like "Melbourne A". If I type too much (still correct though), it will show me the names starting with B, like "Melbourne Business...
July 30th 04 10:53 AM
by Hoshisato Go to last post
0 152
Best holder for GPS 60C? by Manfred Handschuher
Richard wrote: Is there a better mount for this particular GPSR? Try www.rammount.com. I've very good experience with them. Manfred
July 30th 04 08:42 AM
by Manfred Handschuher Go to last post
0 127
Searching for Topo maps by Quiet Voice
Greetings: I'm interested in locating a good source for obtaining topo maps of the northern coast of Oahu in Hawaii of a scale sufficient for hiking (preferably something on the order of 1:30K or there abouts) Any suggestions or pointers to a supplier is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 30th 04 05:41 AM
by vkd Go to last post
18 397
Garmin 2610 in Australia by Stavros
"Avsec" wrote in message snippo As anybody done an installation of the 2610 into the compartment under the radio of a Holden Commodore VT/VX. If so, would like to have a bit of a wag as to how they went about it. Thanks, Avsec
July 30th 04 02:04 AM
by Avsec Go to last post
1 153
Garmin 2620/2660 by ypauls
Does anyone know why a 2620 can't be upgraded to a dead reckoning 2660? They appear to be the same, except for the wiring harness that is installed in the vehicle. Thanks ypauls
July 30th 04 01:46 AM
by Flemming Go to last post
2 170
What's the best GPS add on for the iPaq 4150? by John
I'm looking for the best for the money GPS add on for my ipaq 4150. I would like to have the traditional GPS features for hiking and camping along with address to address street navigation for in car use. I know there are several to choose from and before I purchase one I would like to here form some of you that own and use PDA GPS addition's. All comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks,
July 30th 04 01:25 AM
by John Go to last post
0 160
Barometric altimeter calibration by Umberto Uderzo
In the Geko 301 there are two ways to calibrate the barometric altimeter. The first one is by known elevation, and I can understand how it works. It associates the current pressure reading to an elevation, after that the Geko will work in "differential" mode to understand the elevation variations. The second is by known barometric pressure. This is more difficult to me, since I cannot...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 29th 04 10:16 PM
Anyone Using Pocket Streets with GPS? by Real Estate Agent
I'm looking for a GPS device to which I can export locations and routes from Microsoft Streets And Trips. This particular map program is ideal for my real estate practice. The program will export to Pocket Streets. I assume I need a Pocket PC with GPS (internal or external) on which to run Pocket Streets. A decent-sized screen is needed, and voice for the turn-by-turn directions is highly...
July 29th 04 10:15 PM
by Real Estate Agent Go to last post

From The