Any experience with the Garmin GPS18? by David Chapman
Anyone have any experience with the GPS18? Any thoughts on USB vs PC? Are the units weatherproof? Any other comments? TIA -- David Chapman | "tar is not a plaything" |
July 29th 04 06:59 PM
by Jacquelin Hardy Go to last post
2 165
Best holder for GPS 60C? by WBtobal
I've recently got a Garmin 60C to replace/complement my good old eMap. Unfortunately due to the much thicker casing and huge power plug with cable at the rear, it barely stay in place in the mobile phone holder/window suction mount I normally use and pops out on bumpy roads. Is there a better mount for this particular GPSR?
July 29th 04 06:37 PM
by Darrel Goheen Go to last post
2 181
Accuracy in UK by Alastair Budge-Reid
Hi, Newbie here and first posting to this group. I am resident in UK and resarching fro my first GPS system. One of my requirements is to be able to record UKOS grid positions in the field for later plotting on map. The objective is to record field boundaries and changes to fence lines for agricultural purposes. From what I have read the accuracy in UK is less than USA but I have no idea...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 29th 04 04:11 PM
by Keith Sheppard Go to last post
52 1,250
NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004089 by Sam Wormley
Ref: http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.nnu? http://WWW.SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL/GPS/Current/current.oa1? http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/geninfo/NANUabbr.htm NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2004089 SUBJ: SVN39 (PRN09) FORECAST OUTAGE CANCELLED 1. NANU TYPE: FCSTCANC NANU NUMBER: 2004089 NANU DTG: 291304Z JUL 2004 REFERENCE NANU: 2004087
July 29th 04 03:35 PM
by Sam Wormley Go to last post
0 144
Garmin GPSmap 76C Review by Jack Yeazel
We are working on this one... http://gpsinformation.us/gps60c/g76Creview.html Anyone care to critique?? -- Jack Get general GPS information at: http://www.gpsinformation.net/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 29th 04 12:48 PM
by Holger Issle Go to last post
35 821
2610 Supplied CF Card by BOHICA
I received my 2610 yesterday from Newegg.com. I also purchased a 2GB CF card and was wondering about the 128MB card supplied with the unit. On the 128MB card it is labeled as "Utility Grade". I've never heard that term used before concerning CF cards. Since I have the 2GB card, is it possible to use the 128MB Utility Grade card in my Canon dRebel without fear of damage or loss of pic...
July 29th 04 12:27 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
4 191
Map / Route calculation compability in 60CS and 76 CS by Erkki Eerola
I am a bit confused about comments of route calculation in the Garmin 60CS and 76CS GPSMAP devices. When using MetroGuide Europe v6 or CitySelect Europe v6, which GPS devise - Map combinations are able to calculate the route (using the MAP product, not the base map)in the GPS device. How dows it work, in these combinations, if the route is calculated in PC and transferred to the GPC...
July 29th 04 09:09 AM
by Magne W. Mathisen Go to last post
1 144
Garmin 2610 - can not find System/Advanced or Interface by Reg
Just got my third Garmin GPS - a 2610. A first quick look is most encouraging, but navigating it's menus is very difficult. I can't find the System's Advanced or Interface settings. How can I change the map datum and location format, as I live in the UK and always use OSGB36. So setting waypoints is a major problem.
July 29th 04 04:57 AM
by Moorheadbigj Go to last post
4 155
Garmin II+ and IPAQ? by Robin Milford
I have had a GPS II+ since 1999, which I use with Fugawi UK Ordnance Survey map software for walks and the occasional geocache. Today a friend at work was showing me his IPAQ Pocket PC PDA, which he uses with Tom Tom via Bluetooth, and also with an Etrex, showing Ordnance Survey maps with Memory Map. I liked the look of the setup, and as I had been thinking about getting a PDA I wondered if it...
July 29th 04 02:07 AM
by Andreas van Hooijdonk Go to last post
2 158
GPS resolution/scale by the Moderator
I need a cheap GPS that gives distance in yards/meters. I took the old Garmin 12 out on the golf course to measure the distance to the greens. I plotted the front nine and then took a reading for the first hole near the first tee box. 0.21 miles I was expecting a reading of 370 yards, but my GPS scale only goes to miles.
July 29th 04 12:19 AM
by Greg Brezinski Go to last post
7 228
Cell phone with GPS by G. Huang
I am shopping for a new cell phone and noticed several phones advertized as having a GPS chip for emergency 911 service but don't seem to be usable for navigation. Are there any GPS phones out there that can act as a basic navigation unit with storage for a few routes and waypoints? This would seem to be a much more useful feature than a built-in 320x240 digital camera. I'm looking for one...
July 28th 04 11:52 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
8 199
New 60CS Battery Holder by Sebastian
I just got my Garmin Gpsmap 60CS replaced due to a repair. The holders for the batteries in this new GPS unit look different than in my old one. Maybe (hopefully) Garmin has done something against the old annoying problem. see picture at: http://www.brinx.at/temp/garmin.jpg I still have not had the time to test the new battery holders out while driving on my bike through the forest. Regards,
July 28th 04 11:48 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
8 299
Waypoint addresses by Sy Cohen
I have a 2610. When I enter the information for a new address, the unit finally comes up with a full address (EX: 123 Oak Street Melville, New York, 11747) along with some similar locations and lets you select the correct entry. Once you do that you can rename the entry and save it as a waypoint. My question is - Is there any way to refer back to the full address of the waypoint. When finding...
July 28th 04 11:41 PM
by Gary S. Go to last post
4 205
Proximity Waypoint Alarms by Roger Mundy
Perhaps this question has been asked before, but I could not find the answer doing a search. I now have a unit that has Proximity Waypoints (the 76CS). The question is what do you set the distance at? Lets say I want to avoid the city of Detroit (most people do), and I set a Proximity Waypoint. Is the distance I set measured from the border of Detroit where it meets the suburbs, is it...
July 28th 04 08:15 PM
by Stuart Middleton-White Go to last post
7 236
Track Made Good Help NMEA by Son Nguyen
Wondering if someone would help me out. I am developing a application that makes use of gps data. I wanted an explanation of the VTG fields, specifically the track made good field. Is that the direction that a particular vehicle is moving in? I know that it is represented as degrees, but I don't know what the degree is relative to (north I suppose). I'm really new to all of these gps...
July 28th 04 07:24 PM
by Dale DePriest Go to last post
1 132
Tricks and Tips 60C/CS by Antun Paulin
Are there any Tips and Tricks for 60C/CS? Any diagnostic screans or so? Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 28th 04 05:47 PM
by Hans-Georg Michna Go to last post
10 258
GPSMAP76S and routing by Gus
Hello all. wonder if someone can help me figure something out. When I initially got my GPS receiver and Metroguide5.0, when creating a route, it would follow the road. It still does. But, after transferring to the gps, what shows up on the GPSMAP76S is the route following the road for the first few turns then taking of in a straight line to the destination. No matter if "lock to roads" is on...
July 28th 04 05:14 PM
by Gus Go to last post
7 177
Garmin 2620 updates by Nick C Topolos
I am considering the Garmin 2620 and am curious how you receive updates. I only have access to Macs. Thanks Nick
July 28th 04 12:31 PM
by Carsten Kurz Go to last post
3 152
HAMPSON_RUSSELL_CE_V6_R5_WIN32 and LINUX - new by astra35
HAMPSON_RUSSELL_CE_V6_R5_WIN32 and LINUX - new week 20/2004 HAMPSON_RUSSELL_CE_V6_R5_WIN32 HAMPSON_RUSSELL_CE_V6_R5_LINUX AVO, eLOG, EMERGE analysis, GEOVIEW,
July 28th 04 06:05 AM
by astra35 Go to last post
0 48
Wtb: City Select Europe v6 by test
Hello, I own a GPSMap 60C and would like to use City Select autorouting. If you have a City Select 6 Europe and you did not use your 2nd unlock code for another unit, I would like to pay you for me to use this option for my unit. This way we van enjoy using the software and it's a bit cheaper for the both of us. Please let me know by replying to the mail address below.
July 28th 04 05:15 AM
by test Go to last post

From The